Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Unorthodox Racing pulley sets IN STOCK!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Someone with the myth pulley mentioned the dampener does not go all the way through, in which case it may as well not even have one. Can anyone clarify?

Old 09-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Question

Bro where did you buy the pulleys? in the web site of unorthodox racing?? thanks...

Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
You have to call to place the order.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:42 AM
hmm.... HP & MPG gain for less than $250... might be a worthwhile purchase....

can't wait to see the results from those of you that have ordered it already

Old 09-20-2007, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member

I went home for lunch and the UPS man dropped off the package right as I got there. Everything looks pretty good.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
UR does not have a dampener in it,

I have done a lot of digging on the subject and I have been finding a lot of technical articals out there that "highly reccomend against non-dampened pulleys" with examples of signifigant bearing wear around 40,000K when compared to identical cars with a dampened pulley. Granted, no tests on the Fit.
I was interested in one of these until Oscar Sr told me this exact same thing.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Did any of these people provide you with proof of this or are you just going by hear say? I have also read many posts stating this but never seen a single documented case of proof showing that a non-dampened pulley will cause engine damage.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Oscar Sr. explained to me what happened when he put on a pulley on a dyno motor... thats all that was needed for me to stay away.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Yea but is T1R dampened?
It is supposed to have a harmonic balancer in it, super wizzy

Did any of these people provide you with proof of this or are you just going by hear say? I have also read many posts stating this but never seen a single documented case of proof showing that a non-dampened pulley will cause engine damage.
lol, you won't catch my making firm statements for or against it. My opinion on this is that nobody can really make a solid statement without doing a controlled test on it (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!).

I did read a very in depth artical about a controlled test where they found the bearings in the car with the non-dampened pulley to be very worn (not failed though) when compared to an identical car over a distance of 40,000km on both cars. Keep in mind, It wasn't the Fit, so I have no idea how applicable it is to our cars. But the second factor to consider is that the stock pulley is dampened. So yes the car is internally balanced... but why then are they using a dampened pulley? The only conclusion I can draw is there must be a benifit somewhere or they would use a cheaper solid pulley. What that benifit is and how much it affects the car I have no idea.

For me, I plan to keep my car for a long time so I tend to lean towards the route of avoiding any potential long term problems. Maybe there is zero risk, but then again maybe the bearings will fail after 100,000km. (Hopefully not!) My plan is to go with the same or better for my aftermarket one.

lol, anyway I hope that kind of explains where I am coming from on the subject. Unless you have run a full dynamic analysis on it or a controlled test I don't think anybody can say with full confidence what the long term effects will be. I might be a bit over cautious, but it helps me sleep at night

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 09-21-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Anybody who has installed this set and wanna let go the stock alternator pulley pls PM me. Thanks!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
For those who asked I am selling the UR alternator pulley in the for sale section. Brand new.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
I got my pulley's in from Unorthodox Racing. First thing i see is the HIGH QUALITY product they have (just as expected b/c i have used their stuff in the past). Check it:

As promised, i am doing a writeup on how 2 install the pulleys. Here are some sneak peak unedited pictures. It will be done soon so stay tuned!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
think this will work with the JRSC?

Old 09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
I got my pulley's in from Unorthodox Racing. First thing i see is the HIGH QUALITY product they have (just as expected b/c i have used their stuff in the past). Check it:

As promised, i am doing a writeup on how 2 install the pulleys. Here are some sneak peak unedited pictures. It will be done soon so stay tuned!

Thats Great Koolkevin 1107, keep us updated.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
I had to take the alternator off on "sy11580" Fit to get the alternator pulley off and on. EVen lengthier was the fact that I had to take the intake manifold out to get the alternator out!

All in all not a big deal, just what I did. Sy11580 can report his feeling of the pulleys, being the fact that it's his car not mine!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
I had to take the alternator off on "sy11580" Fit to get the alternator pulley off and on. EVen lengthier was the fact that I had to take the intake manifold out to get the alternator out!

All in all not a big deal, just what I did. Sy11580 can report his feeling of the pulleys, being the fact that it's his car not mine!
I'm here!!! Yep the pulley was a very long process to install. Thank you gettinafit all of the works. thx thx hopefully have a dinner with you this week.

After two days driving, the pulley really help on the power out of corner. Well, My car is AT so petty suck on the power to get out corner (on "D" mode). When I use the "Sport" mode is rev faster at 1st, 2nd gear (exactly I feel the power). Well, on the stright road I don't really feel much different especially on high speed. Overall, I say it is worth to get this pulley. I think MT will get more performance from it (hehehe.........I'm not a "engine" guy, don't know much the part inside the car).

Anyway, here just my little opinion. Different people have different point of view. So, I just saying the basic feeling that I get from the pulley.

Good luck to everyone that has this pulley/will get this pulley

Old 09-28-2007, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Kev, did you get yours installed yet?

Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah i did. I got only the crank installed not the alternator cuz i need more time to remove the intake manifold (plus im waiting for my hondata intake manifold gasket to come in also) but im going to make the writeup later on in the afternoon. STAY TUNED!!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Can someone weigh their UR pulley, I want to see how they compare in weight with other brands.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
I installed them around three weeks ago. I didn't have to remove the alternator, just loosen the three bolts turn it so that the pulley is facing upwards and use an impact gun. It worked fine for me.

I just have one little problem. After two weeks whenever the a/c compressor goes on there is a litlle rattling sound. Could it be that the belt is overtightened. If anyone can help, thanks?

Quick Reply: Unorthodox Racing pulley sets IN STOCK!!