Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Unorthodox Racing pulley sets IN STOCK!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
Unorthodox Racing pulley sets IN STOCK!!

FINALLY!! i have been waiting for unorthodox racing to release a pulley for the fit and finally they did!

Welcome to Unorthodox Racing, Inc.

Check out the "what's new" it's the first one. The fit isn't listed when you want to purchase so you must contact them to order. It's a pulley set (crank and alternator). I'm going to contact them to maybe see if we can get a group buy going? I'll keep u guys posted! Check out the pix of the pulley below:

Look out for a writeup from me very soon!!!

Last edited by koolkevin1107; 09-24-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
How much? Dynos?

Old 09-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
There was an artical on one of the other threads (I can't find it so here: Honda Fit Crank Pulley - Import Tuner Magazine ) where they used a prototype of this pulley, it yeilded pretty nice results.

I looked into this one, but in the end I am waiting for the T1R crank pulley with the harmonic balancer.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 09-08-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
There was an artical on one of the other threads (I can't find it so here: Honda Fit Crank Pulley - Import Tuner Magazine ) where they used a prototype of this pulley, it yeilded pretty nice results.

I looked into this one, but in the end I am waiting for the T1R crank pulley with the harmonic balancer.
The Fit is internally balanced. There is no harmonic balancer on the stock pulley. It just drives the accessories. The stock pulley is dampened for NVH. Not sure if the unorthodox pulley is dampened. Last i heard the T1R pulley actually lost HP but that was last year. Maybe they re-designed it.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I know the engine is internally balanced (I can't even think of a car these days that isn't to be honest), and running without the harmonic balancer isn't going to cause any problems... still, there will always be some deflection which could cause a small harmonic reverberation.

This is one of the most debatable topics I have ever seen, so you can flame me or support me, I don't really care . For me personally, I feel better ensuring I put one in.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
I emailed Unorthodox about them. After seeing the Import tuner dyno sheet for the first time today I am considering it.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone know if they are offering an entire pulley set or is it just the crank pulley?

Old 09-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I was in contact with them in June, they said it is just the crank pulley.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
We are in the process is finishing a new site so sorry for the confusion. Just give us a call and we’ll get that kit going for you right away.

This is the response I got from them.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
OK you guys!! i have updates! they have a crank AND alternator pulley! both of them STOCK diameter so there is no underdrive! i am talking with them personally to see what they can do for us!! =]

Old 09-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Wow, they have more than the Crank Pulley. First time I have seen anything other than the crank offered for the Fit. Way to go UR!!

Wait... maybe this is a dumb question what is the advantage of switching out the Alternator pulley if it is the same size? I know running the underdrive pulley can sometimes cause problems, but if you are replacing it with the same dia pulley does lighter wieght really factor into gained power?

Old 09-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Still waiting for T1R's. Yes they did loose some power in their dynos (on Autos) thats why they never sold it. Or at least I dont think they did.
Its been redesigned, I think its about to be sold soon.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Wow, they have more than the Crank Pulley. First time I have seen anything other than the crank offered for the Fit. Way to go UR!!

Wait... maybe this is a dumb question what is the advantage of switching out the Alternator pulley if it is the same size? I know running the underdrive pulley can sometimes cause problems, but if you are replacing it with the same dia pulley does lighter wieght really factor into gained power?
You are still removing a rotational mass so it will gain power and a quicker acceleration. Yeah i was kinda surprised when they said alternator as well, but i'm extremely happy that someone with a great reputation is going to come out with another great product.

i forgot to mention....it's going to be EXTREMELY affordable!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah I was thinking about it some more and it makes sense. At first I was thinking the force was being applied more to the load of the alternator, but really the pulley is part of that load as well. I am guessing the net amout of gain just with the alternator would be much less dramatic than the crank pulley though.

I suppose if T1R is still going to be a while I might sign up for this instead. Are you thinking group buy Kev? How soon?

Old 09-12-2007, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
don't know yet, gotta get in touch w/ UR for a potential GB.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

I saw them posted on 08/30/07. I called Shawn ( the owner ), and placed the order. I just received them yesterday. As usually this is an excellent product. I've had UR products before and I can tell you, don't pay attention to all the blah, blah, blah, written in these forums and countless others. This is one if not the best upgrade for the price that you can replace on your vehicle. You gain horsepower plus you gain mpg. On my Accord 91 EX I've seen gains of over 60 miles per tank. Will have them installed this Saturday.

Already Installed:

Dc Sports Header
Injen CAI: SP1511
Megan Racing Downpipe (No CEL)
HID 4300k Bi-xenon

Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
I too have been in Email contact with them and will be placing my order ASAP. Especially after the great dyno results seen by Import Tuner on just the Crank pulley, the alternator pulley should add even more.

I just ordered the Fujita CAI as well to go with it.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
By the way, it is a 2 piece set, alternator and crank. Based on the instructions, the alternator must be removed to install new alternator pulley. Crank pulley must be torqued to 24 ft/lbs. You get approximately 2.5 hp for every pound you take off the crank pulley. In this set they were working closely for about a year with Import Tuner. Originally it was only going to be a crank pulley. Distributors told UR that it would be better to make it a two piece set.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Yuck that you have to pull the alternator but oh well, it can't be that hard.

I don't buy that Hp claim though. The UR pulley is about 3.8lbs lighter according to Import Tuner but gained 2.5Whp at Peak, maybe more at other RPM's though. Granted 2.5Whp is a little more at the crank it's certainly not 8Hp.

Either way I am getting a set. Cheap easy power.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
That is the problem with dynoes, no reading is equal to another. Your FIT could probably gain 2.5 hp while mine might only show 2hp. It all depends on the quality and set-up of the dyno. I will dyno it this weekend and let you know, before and after hp.

Quick Reply: Unorthodox Racing pulley sets IN STOCK!!