Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WhaTisJDM?
Do we weigh about the same as the 99-00 coupe does? Once the 10psi upgrade come out we will be suprising so many people...lol I can't wait!!!

according to wikipedia, it weighed about 2600lbs...our cars weight around high 24's, and the auto version comes in at 2551 i belive.

so yeah, with chris's numbers, we are looking at something along those lines.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WhaTisJDM?
a car length behind a modded 07 Si is tons faster then a 99-00 si or even a GSR. My stock 07 Si pulled on my friends modded GSR about 2-3 cars from a 1st gear roll.

hmmm...you must be a pretty good driver. or your friend a really bad one, lol! new si's are significantly heavier than even old gsrs....but then again, k20's are something to behold!

and yeah, i totally agree on how this would be a huge jump for any fit owner.

i'm just a little worried about carb exemption. i know that even with the upgraded injectors, headers catback and muffler, i still wont be at where chris is, given that i'm driving an automatic.

i'm anxious to see the auto dyno...even the 120 hp manual is promising and would be loads more fun...but i was really hoping to be around where chris is, and that dyno is for the manual...the auto will be less no doubt.

just what exactly does not passing inspection entail? constant fines? the dmv hassling you every moment you get? if its just running the risk of getting a ticket for not passing inspection, i'll live, but if its going to be something major, i guess i'll have to bite the bullet, buy the base base base kit and maybe just do an axle back for a few extra hp (little, i know) and looks.

any insight?

Old 02-08-2008, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Does anyone here recommend a good Full Exhaust (header and all) setup for our future S/C Fits

Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
I got my eye on the sweet new Tanabee Medallion Tourning muffler. Any B-pipe, header, and down pipe recommended thats I'm guessing is the required size (ie, 50, 60 or 70mm) for the S/C Fits? Or full exhaust as mentioned in the previous post.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry if I am asking to many questions, but how long will the pre-order continue till. Thanks again.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit
Does anyone here recommend a good Full Exhaust (header and all) setup for our future S/C Fits
From what I know of, Skunk 2 makes a 60mm exhaust system specifically for this type of application. In terms of header though you might want to stick with something that has only slightly larger primaries than factory as this might effect your A/F when used with the engine management sent with the base kit. I personally run the Mugen header, but I'm sure any header will work as long as it's a quality piece that has been tested and is not dramatically larger. Ex: T1R and I'm sure the Spoon one is nice as well.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
I got my eye on the sweet new Tanabee Medallion Tourning muffler. Any B-pipe, header, and down pipe recommended thats I'm guessing is the required size (ie, 50, 60 or 70mm) for the S/C Fits? Or full exhaust as mentioned in the previous post.
well i got the megan ,mid-pipe and hks axle back the thing is the mid-pipe is 60 and the axle back is 50 ( yeah back pressure alert) i need to change the Exhaust set up to a full catback exhaust like the Skunk2 60mm for ie for the S/C set up... just get away from Back pressure

Old 02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
well i got the megan ,mid-pipe and hks axle back the thing is the mid-pipe is 60 and the axle back is 50 ( yeah back pressure alert) i need to change the Exhaust set up to a full catback exhaust like the Skunk2 60mm for ie for the S/C set up... just get away from Back pressure
I doubt it would make that much of a difference. By the time the air gets to the catback it will have cooled somewhat and would take up less volume. Before I was on this board I was a mod on a Volvo board and a lot of those guys would run 3 inch downpipes and 2.5 inch catbacks.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mrmandmman
I doubt it would make that much of a difference. By the time the air gets to the catback it will have cooled somewhat and would take up less volume. Before I was on this board I was a mod on a Volvo board and a lot of those guys would run 3 inch downpipes and 2.5 inch catbacks.
cool. any modded volvo=awesome.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
IMHO the 60mm Skunk2 would be best, along with good headers, and a test pipe. Im going with T1R Response and race converter. Im gonna have a busy March

Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
i had the skunk2 60mm it was great. 1 thing i noticed after having it on for close to a year is that it was making some strange rattling noise that sounded like it was coming from inside the muffler. sold it a while back and now i have the mugen dual silencer. much quieter pretty close to stock but that is good because once i add the megan mid-pipe and megan cat-delete it wont be deafening.

how do i know this...because on top of the skunk2 i had the t1r test pipe and it was ridiculously load. i mean not even driveable IMO. i took it off the same day. Don't know if the welds were bad and it was leaking or just the combination of an open canister muffler.

That being said i plan on going mugen headers, megan downpipe which has a resonator, megan mid pipe which also has a resonator and mugen dual which is very quiet by itself.

This is all theory mind you on my proposed setup but hopefully it will be driveable and at the same time support the SC's extra power.

The choice is yours but i don't think that is the way to go.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Seen alot of guy run that setup of a 3in down pipe and only 2.5in muffler system and looks to be a good setup.

Is there any spec sheet on what the down pipe size will be? Cause was think of a greddy full system for my muffler, header's have not decided yet but was looking at the mugen and spoon one's.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys, thanks for all your opinions.

Let see what Oscar and Chris have to say. I would like to know somewhat of the setup that Chris has if thats ok with Chris. I definately want to see the numbers your getting and I dont care for carb legality here.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Hey guys, thanks for all your opinions.

Let see what Oscar and Chris have to say. I would like to know somewhat of the setup that Chris has if thats ok with Chris. I definately want to see the numbers your getting and I dont care for carb legality here.
I will not release the extent of my mods... lol jk. Megan header/cat delete/b pipe and tanabe touring axle back.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
why not just use the kraftwerks headers?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
kraftwerks doesn't make headers anymore for the fit i believe

Old 02-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I will not release the extent of my mods... lol jk. Megan header/cat delete/b pipe and tanabe touring axle back.
Quick the secrets out lololol

Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Oscar,

Iknow nothing is finalized yet but can you please tell me the exact differences (if any) between the M/T pre-order kit and the A/T kit that is still in R&D.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
please advise oscar. i might decide to get another fit M/T and want to know if i can run the M/T kit on my A/T until then.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
i had the skunk2 60mm it was great. 1 thing i noticed after having it on for close to a year is that it was making some strange rattling noise that sounded like it was coming from inside the muffler. sold it a while back and now i have the mugen dual silencer. much quieter pretty close to stock but that is good because once i add the megan mid-pipe and megan cat-delete it wont be deafening.

how do i know this...because on top of the skunk2 i had the t1r test pipe and it was ridiculously load. i mean not even driveable IMO. i took it off the same day. Don't know if the welds were bad and it was leaking or just the combination of an open canister muffler.

That being said i plan on going mugen headers, megan downpipe which has a resonator, megan mid pipe which also has a resonator and mugen dual which is very quiet by itself.

This is all theory mind you on my proposed setup but hopefully it will be driveable and at the same time support the SC's extra power.

The choice is yours but i don't think that is the way to go.
So do you have the full mugen pro kit with the duel center out to match up with the exhaust? I’d like to see pics, and also sound clips. I’m more then willing to offload my J’s racing exhaust if the mugen is quieter then the J’s.

The only thing that is holding me back on the KWSC is the extra noise that I will be getting. I don’t want my exhaust to be loud at all, and to get the fullest potential would require a larger exhaust system which will allow the exhaust to flow better, meaning loud exhaust. This might even be necessary for headers/cat delete/b-pipe just to realize the fullest potential on an AT.

As for turbo the exhaust side of the turbo baffles the exhaust pulses resulting in a quieter exhaust regardless of exhaust system, it will lower the sounds. If you are asking how do I know and how can I justify this, I’ll give examples.

85 toyota corolla gts, aka AE86 with 4age motor which is 1.6l DOHC.

Mildly modded with headers, cat delete and HKS Windmaster exhaust I get above 100 db idle and at 3k rpm around 115ish. Very loud, deep and just straight out race car sound.

4agze motor(supercharged factory Toyota motor) with headers, greddy DD with headers get similar sound if not slightly more.

Turboed 4agze motor, with cat delete, and HKS Windmaster I get 85db idle, and 95ish db at 3k rpm. Very streetable and can even drive in front of police stations without issues.

So long story short, I want to DD my car, and I like to keep the noise to a minimum and would also like the additional power. So my debate will between the KWSC and HKS/T1R turbo kit is can I find an exhaust that is bearable to me to justify the KWSC?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
i dont have the body kit just the axle back on right now. it looks bad-ass. as for sound like i said it is very close (i mean very) close to stock. when you get on it it is noticable but nothing like the skunk2 i had. I haven't put the other parts on yet and won't until i get the sc so i won't know the exact tone for a month or so.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kits