Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Retired Moderator
How long do you expect to have the Kit for sale? Its not for a limited time is it?

Tyler

Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
In order to meet CARB specs, we have used the stock injectors with our SuperCard unit. And these stock injectors have been our big limitation, and we have reached the limit for the little Fit injectors at 121 WHP. Remember this is the Base CARB pending kit and the small stock injectors. We are literally at the limit of what we can do to meet CARB. And we have made over a 30% increase in power, through a stock header and catalytic converter.

Once you add boost, when you upgrade certain engine components it shows huge gains. A header and test-pipe help the supercharged engine breathe so much, you must ensure you have the fueling capability to support it. This is because the free-flowing exhaust will allow the supercharger to fill the cylinders better and have the potential to make more power. But you must be able to fuel that additional power, or you will not make the additional power.

The injector upgrade is what helps support the additional breathing, and will definitely yield power gains.

I still say: The best performance products to compliment your Base SC Fit, besides the injector upgrade, are small ultra-light wheels and high-performance tires.

-OJR

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 02-06-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Those that have I/H/E will be right there with me pretty much. Most if not all that will be purchasing this kit will have those anyway.

awesome. very encouraging words. i wont be doing a cat delete, but headers, b pipe and axle-back will def all be on there before my purchase!

chris, your kit is WITH the stock injectors no?

Last edited by eldaino; 02-06-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TOOL
How long do you expect to have the Kit for sale? Its not for a limited time is it?

Tyler
In NO WAY is this kit a limited production product. The pre-order discount is a limited time offer.

-OJR

Old 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
In NO WAY is this kit a limited production product. The pre-order discount is a limited time offer.

-OJR
Ok thats good to hear. The reason i ask is, i dont have the money so saving might take me a bit. Just want to make sure its there when i have enough!

Tyler

Old 02-06-2008, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, you will lose CARB approval with the injector upgrade, same as losing a cat. The upgrade package will work absolutely perfect with your setup, as the injector upgrade will support all exhaust modifications.

-OJR

awesome. and thanks for the explanation of how the injectors help a free-er flowing exhaust and header do their job and show better gains. (dyno's of such applications are soon to follow no?)

i guess theoretically then, even if you retained the stock injectors, having an aftermarket header and exhaust will show even better gains?

i guess only other question would be how much the drive train loss on our auto's will affect the latest dyno numbers, or at least the numbers shown when you have a header/exhaust combo with the non stock injectors?

and do you feel that the intercooler add-on will show any dyno proven whp results?

Last edited by eldaino; 02-06-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
i understand what you saying but the numbers that i gave you are just guessing numbers... but with the kit we should be able to pass the Cooper S on the 1/4 mile

hmm..dunno about that.

the cooper s def weighs more than our fits...but 172 base hp is a lot, and i doubt that its making any less than 150 to the wheels, stock.

not to mention that a cooper s has the ability to increase boost a few psi under hard acceleration, and under those conditions, its making around 190 bhp.

i think that its going to take the high boost kit, or a base kit with the new injectors and a quite a few bolt ons, to totally keep up with the S. the high boost kit alone will probably be enough to keep it close if not totally beat it, but the base kit will need more than just its own added power to do it.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Hey KW, just out of curiosity, how much will shipping be up to Canada for one of your kits?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by eldaino
awesome. and thanks for the explanation of how the injectors help a free-er flowing exhaust and header do their job and show better gains. (dyno's of such applications are soon to follow no?)

i guess only other question would be how much the drive train loss on our auto's will affect the latest dyno numbers, or at least the numbers shown when you have a header/exhaust combo with the non stock injectors?

and do you feel that the intercooler add-on will show any dyno proven whp results?
Like stated here, dyno graphs for a multitude of applications will be posted as soon as possible. We will not withhold key information, such as the information you are looking for.

i guess theoretically then, even if you retained the stock injectors, having an aftermarket header and exhaust will show even better gains?
No this is incorrect. As I stated, you must be able to fuel that additional power, or you will not make the additional power.

-OJR

Old 02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
How much is the injector upgrade and will those injectors be the same ones necessary for the High-Boost kit?

Thanks for all your responses!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
" No this is incorrect. As I stated, you must be able to fuel that additional power, or you will not make the additional power.
-OJR"

I've got my heart set on the 10# boost kit.
Which injectors are you folks recommending for it?

Would you recommend 3" pipework for the 10# or is 2.5" plenty?

Also, is this SC going to be too much for the stock cat to maintain standards?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Like stated here, dyno graphs for a multitude of applications will be posted as soon as possible. We will not withhold key information, such as the information you are looking for.

No this is incorrect. As I stated, you must be able to fuel that additional power, or you will not make the additional power.

-OJR

thanks, i realized you had already addressed my second question, sorry!

but thanks again for the info, i, and a few other a/t drivers, anxiously await those dynographs!

Old 02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
so what would happen if i installed the base kit on my car without the injectors since i already have a header, cat delete, and exhaust?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Will it be fairly easy to swap from High-Boost to Base again (for CA smog check purposes)?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vafitfreak
so what would happen if i installed the base kit on my car without the injectors since i already have a header, cat delete, and exhaust?

you wont be sucking the full potential out of the charger. you may even be loosing hp.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
ok u guys really gotta chill and just read the forums from the beginning, i assure you, you WILL find your answers...

Old 02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
you wont be sucking the full potential out of the charger. you may even be loosing hp.
Worse than that...he will be running lean and risking engine damage. As was stated, the injectors are maxed on a stock car with 5 lbs of boost. Any mods that increase airflow (intake or exhaust side) beyond that will be making the car run lean.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Worse than that...he will be running lean and risking engine damage. As was stated, the injectors are maxed on a stock car with 5 lbs of boost. Any mods that increase airflow (intake or exhaust side) beyond that will be making the car run lean.
I was under the impression that JDMChris is running the base kit with I/H/E...

Old 02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
yep. looks like unless all you have done is cosmetic upgrades and wheels/tires, your best off buying the injectors as well.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
I was under the impression that JDMChris is running the base kit with I/H/E...

thats a good question, he has a cat-delete, no intake as the supercharger has its own.

so is he still running lean? or maybe he has the injectors.

any light on this chris? (i think i asked earlier, but my brain was bombarded by all the othe questions i had!)

chris' car makes about 20 more wheel tq and almost 20 more whp as well.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kits