Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
sorry I dont have my car at this time.
Oh damn, is this a bad thing? Something we should know about sir?

lol

Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
Question

sorry I dont have my car at this time.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
I'm sure this has been covered already but...

if/when I get the A/T kit I'll want to replace my spark plugs(I'm already at 60,000+ miles anyhow), is OEM fine or does KW suggest anything in particular?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
if/when I get the A/T kit I'll want to replace my spark plugs(I'm already at 60,000+ miles anyhow), is OEM fine or does KW suggest anything in particular?
get the nkg iridium ix plugs from king motorsports. that is what i am using. similar to the oem ones but for a high performance application.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
Ditto!

i plan on getting the KWSC but i must say that their are several ambiguities that i must get off my chest.

1) syphon mag states the dyno #'s in the mid 140's with the base CARB kit and headers/testpipe/and exhaust (no upgraded injectors) but the KW dyno is only 120. granted this is without the exhaust mods but an extra 24 whp without injectors is hard to believe. if i am correct oscar said that without injector upgrade the gains would be minimal. It seems the dyno #'s in the syphon mag were very misleading.

2) I (and i am sure others as well) want to see some detailed pics. what's all the secrecy about? other vendors on this forum have been very forthcoming with detailed shots of their setup.

3) i need boost! can you please provide more detailed info about when the A/T kit will be released other than soon?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by leonine
Ditto!

i plan on getting the KWSC but i must say that their are several ambiguities that i must get off my chest.

1) syphon mag states the dyno #'s in the mid 140's with the base CARB kit and headers/testpipe/and exhaust (no upgraded injectors) but the KW dyno is only 120. granted this is without the exhaust mods but an extra 24 whp without injectors is hard to believe. if i am correct oscar said that without injector upgrade the gains would be minimal. It seems the dyno #'s in the syphon mag were very misleading.

2) I (and i am sure others as well) want to see some detailed pics. what's all the secrecy about? other vendors on this forum have been very forthcoming with detailed shots of their setup.

3) i need boost! can you please provide more detailed info about when the A/T kit will be released other than soon?
leonine,
You always have logical, insightful, and unemotional things to say. Good man!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm pretty sure that oscar isn't "hiding" anything, just really busy. I gave the guy a call last week to ask about the timeline for the pre-order discount and the ETA on shipping times, and he was real cool, but sounded very busy.

Kraftwerks said they would put up info, and eventually they did. I'm sure more pics, installation instructions, etc., are on the way.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
i have spoken to oscar several times as well. really nice guy and i am NOT baggin on him. i am very grateful for all of the time and effort they have put in to making an outstanding product. and i can't wait to buy it just stating some things i find obscure.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned
i have spoken to oscar several times as well. really nice guy and i am NOT baggin on him. i am very grateful for all of the time and effort they have put in to making an outstanding product. and i can't wait to buy it just stating some things i find obscure.
They are equally obscure on this coast. And I am sure that Bahumut is right. They only have one chance to make a good market introduction. Any unintentional screw-ups will ruin their market.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
i am sure you are right as well. Ultimately i just want to know when i can order. some more detailed info would help alot. a week...a month...??? some details.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
I'm done plaing games, I have a tax return ready to go that says I can afford this and my main man "Gettinafit" (of K20A2 swap fame) ready to help me install it.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Ditto!

1. I do not know what is misleading... They ran a bone stock fit with the kit on it and it made 121.... They ran mine and it was 145 at the time. Also a FYI... I made 10whp with the injector upgrade on the old style kit.

2. My car is still at Kraftwerks so I cannot take pics at this time. However there is no secrecy... This has been a very open Discussion where we have answered many questions that we know.

3. i dont know lol

Old 02-11-2008, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Ditto!

hmmm...if i'm not mistaken, i think that siphon mentioned that chris has no cat, (they even popped a joke about not telling al gore about it). maybe the huge gains are more due to this than the injectors?

i don't remember reading where kraftwerks said (in this thread at least) that the gains without injectors would be minimal...as it is, its like a 30% increase in power...just with the charger, you are looking at having a fit that makes about 140 engine producing hp! thats a huge step up from a 109 hp enigne. its not the biggest gain of all time, but it looks good to me.

but i agree, i'd like to see some more shots of the actual kit and i want those auto numbers!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
In order to meet CARB specs, we have used the stock injectors with our SuperCard unit. And these stock injectors have been our big limitation, and we have reached the limit for the little Fit injectors at 121 WHP. Remember this is the Base CARB pending kit and the small stock injectors. We are literally at the limit of what we can do to meet CARB. And we have made over a 30% increase in power, through a stock header and catalytic converter.

Once you add boost, when you upgrade certain engine components it shows huge gains. A header and test-pipe help the supercharged engine breathe so much, you must ensure you have the fueling capability to support it. This is because the free-flowing exhaust will allow the supercharger to fill the cylinders better and have the potential to make more power. But you must be able to fuel that additional power, or you will not make the additional power.

The injector upgrade is what helps support the additional breathing, and will definitely yield power gains.

I still say: The best performance products to compliment your Base SC Fit, besides the injector upgrade, are small ultra-light wheels and high-performance tires.

-OJR
i believe oscar clearly says that in the 1st and 2nd paragraph.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i believe oscar clearly says that in the 1st and 2nd paragraph.

CARB is very hard to achieve, and you still must be inbetween certain standards. The kit is capable of more easily... but for CARB legality it is at the limit like Oscar said.. If you live in a state where carb is no issue, take advantage of the pre order discount and get the injectors with some boltons you will probably make more power than my car.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Thats why I love Miami, no BS carb thing going on. I tell you what if not for all the info and questions answered from evryone at kraft and chris answering question and my questions do not think would be getting this kit.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Approx how much are the new injectors? anyone know?

Old 02-11-2008, 03:35 PM
the one with the link to the fowler? thats the last one i got from you.

Yeah, I'm going to try this on the fit and see how it goes. I imagine it will work fine. No cells FTW!!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:39 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bschook5
Approx how much are the new injectors? anyone know?
The pricing on the plug and play injectors will be released from Kraftwerks soon. If you froogle some upgraded injectors or visit the RC injector site you can get a good price of how much injectors usually go for.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Ditto!

It would be hard to believe if it was on an N/A car, but on a F/I car you get much bigger gains with minor mods. Remember with exhaust your opening up all the restricted back pressure, causing it to flow better. Injectors will just net you even more power because better flow means you need more fuel to compensate (also its just better to be on the safe side)

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kits