Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Upgraded injectors will only increase your HP... FYI I do not have upgraded injectors on this new kit.... As far as emissions consequences, the only yhing is having to remove it if you get busted with it then put it back on.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
i'm confused. i remember a while back i read that you had them. was that with the old kit? was the dyno with the old or new one where you made in the 140's?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:01 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
yes I had bigger injectors on the OLD kit. Injectors were put back to stock when the new kit was put on.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
so are you still running the cat delete with the base kit?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:06 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
yes I still have the cat delete.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
i figure if you were going to just do an axle back, you could still do the totally stock kit and not have to worry about running lean.
Hey Oscar,

After reading eldaino's post, his comments fired some synapses in my brain. Here is my goal. I want performance, yet stay CARB legal. I need to know:

1) If I am running I/H/E with the 5 lb. kit, will the stock injectors be capable of supplying the necessary fuel for optimum performance?
2) If I run with stock injectors and the 5 lb. kit, with the addition of I/H/E, will doing so compromise the CARB exemption status?

Thanks in advance,
-macbuddy-

Last edited by macbuddy; 02-08-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Okay, I see that Chris is back to stock injectors. Is his set up currently CARB legal?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by macbuddy
Hey Oscar,

After reading eldaino's post, his comments fired some synapses in my brain. Here is my goal. I want performance, yet stay CARB legal. I need to know:

1) If I am running I/H/E with the 5 lb. kit, will the stock injectors be capable of supplying the necessary fuel for optimum performance?
2) If I run with stock injectors and the 5 lb. kit, with the addition of I/H/E, will doing so compromise the CARB exemption status?

Thanks in advance,
-macbuddy-
I'll lend a hand here. If you want the car to be completely california state emissions legal with this kit, you may only install the base kit. Any modification from the original kit used to get the CARB exemption will be considered illegal. The only other thing you can do besides that is to change the exhaust piping, anywhere after the catalytic converter.

PS. You will no longer be able to run your current intake with the supercharger kit. And in regards to question one, I'm pretty sure that the Jacksons tuned it safely enough that even with the addition of a header and aftermarket exhaust that you'll still have a good a/f ratio. In fact it will be closer to ideal combustion than that of their standard tune.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DynamicFit
I'll lend a hand here. If you want the car to be completely california state emissions legal with this kit, you may only install the base kit. Any modification from the original kit used to get the CARB exemption will be considered illegal. The only other thing you can do besides that is to change the exhaust piping, anywhere after the catalytic converter.
DynamicFit,
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am using the DC Sports header which is CARB legal. So, I will be able to leave that intact...possibly?

PS. You will no longer be able to run your current intake with the supercharger kit.
My Bad...That was a dumb question!

And in regards to question one, I'm pretty sure that the Jacksons tuned it safely enough that even with the addition of a header and aftermarket exhaust that you'll still have a good a/f ratio. In fact it will be closer to ideal combustion than that of their standard tune.
I was hoping to hear that.

Thanks,
-macbuddy-

Old 02-09-2008, 05:50 AM
5 Year Member
I would assume that would be yes considering its legal for a person to have both a carb exempt intake and header installed on the car. Both items would have to be ignored in terms of visual inspection when being smogged, but if the car did not pass the emissions portion of the smog test then you have to fix one of the two parts. I highly doubt that the addition of the header will cause the pollutants produced by the KW supercharger to exceed allowable amounts though.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
i would probably swap the header/exhaust back to stock when it comes time for smog checks.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Do we know when in March it's shipping? is it gonna be the 1st week or what?

Old 02-10-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Yo chris,

What B-pipe and Test pipe brands are you running on your setup?

Old 02-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
megan racing.... Can you say free FTW

Old 02-10-2008, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
can you say screw you lol. Lucky

Old 02-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Does this Kit cause any extra wear and tear on the Engine/Auto tranny?

Also since im super noob to all this stuff. Does the Kit cuase any extra noise at low RPM like 3K? Or does it become noticable at a higher RPM or is there any noise at all? I just SC a Teg on Forza and it made a pretty sweet noise but only at higher RPM.
Thank you guys.

Tyler

Old 02-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Does this Kit cause any extra wear and tear on the Engine/Auto tranny?

Also since im super noob to all this stuff. Does the Kit cuase any extra noise at low RPM like 3K? Or does it become noticable at a higher RPM or is there any noise at all? I just SC a Teg on Forza and it made a pretty sweet noise but only at higher RPM.
Thank you guys.

Tyler
As far as wear and tear, as long as you maintain your motor, you dont need to worry. The rotrex is QUIET... you probably wont even hear it unless you have the radio turned off.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
chris,

now that the kit is released can you please put up some detailed pics from behind the engine bay so i can see how the piping looks to and from the sc. it would be a big help.

Thanks

Old 02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
chris...did you get my last p/m bro?

Old 02-11-2008, 03:24 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
chris,

now that the kit is released can you please put up some detailed pics from behind the engine bay so i can see how the piping looks to and from the sc. it would be a big help.

Thanks
sorry I dont have my car at this time.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:25 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WhaTisJDM?
chris...did you get my last p/m bro?
the one with the link to the fowler? thats the last one i got from you.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kits