Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! would there be any MPG decrease when going with the bigger injectors?

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
The pricing on the plug and play injectors will be released from Kraftwerks soon. If you froogle some upgraded injectors or visit the RC injector site you can get a good price of how much injectors usually go for.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bschook5
Thanks! would there be any MPG decrease when going with the bigger injectors?
essentially yes... However my claim of 36-37mpg avg with the best tank of 41mpg was on the old kit with upgraded injectors.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Do you guys have any idea's when the AT pre order discount deal will come available? Im really thinking about selling my Dirt bike for the SuperCharger.

Tyler

Old 02-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Do you guys have any idea's when the AT pre order discount deal will come available? Im really thinking about selling my Dirt bike for the SuperCharger.

Tyler

DO IT! lol... im not sure how much longer, shouldn't be too long tho.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
DO IT! lol... im not sure how much longer, shouldn't be too long tho.
Haha yea. If that doesnt happen ill have one by the end of summer.
I NEED BOOST!

Tyler

Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Chris, do you have any 0-60 vids i can see??

Tyler

Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
not right now sorry.

BTW Oscar wanted me to let everyone know hes been sick so he apologizes for not being on the forum.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Retired Moderator
Can you take one for me when you have a chance, it will help alot of people see the actuall diif. it makes, thanks man.

Tyler

Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
i believe oscar clearly says that in the 1st and 2nd paragraph.

the only thing i see is how they have reached the limits of the stock injectors.

and he still states that this kit, with stock injectors, stock cat and exhaust/headers still produces a 30% increase in power.

adding the injectors 'allows' for bigger gains, but the dyno doesn't like...for all stock components, its a very decent gain, not a minimal one.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
never said it wasn't decent gains. if you read it again you will see where he says that the injectors are needed to fuel the power from having more air in the cylinders from the cat delete/header so i was just questioning how the base carb kit can make close to 30 whp more without them.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
never said it wasn't decent gains. if you read it again you will see where he says that the injectors are needed to fuel the power from having more air in the cylinders from the cat delete/header so i was just questioning how the base carb kit can make close to 30 whp more without them.
ah i see. i know you didn't actually say you thought they weren't decent gains, i thought you quoted kraftwerks as claiming that the gains on the stock injectors are minimal, but like you said, 30whp doesn't sound minimal to me.

i guess the base kit can manage these numbers simply because the rotrex is such a good design, and its mated to such a tidy little engine.

leonine, you are not looking for carb exemption though right? your doing the whole shabangabang?

I'd love to be able to do that off the bat, but i'll probably just end up doing the kit and an axle back. (which will be mostly for looks and sound, and well, yeah the 2 whp it'll add. ) i'll save the injector upgrade, headers and b pipe for after honda says the car is totally mine.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i am going for broke. the whole deal. that is assuming it is going to be available for the A/T. Yes i know sarcasm but that's all i have right now.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
is an a/t fit even gonna make it to 109 whp with the 5# kit, looking at the official m/t 5# dyno... wish it was a 6-7# base kit. maybe somebody will have some "post-CARB" recommendations of increasing the power. i thought their base m/t fit dyno'd at 90 flat after warmed up.

Last edited by xorbe; 02-13-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
is an a/t fit even gonna make it to 109 whp with the 5# kit, looking at the official m/t 5# dyno... wish it was a 6-7# base kit. maybe somebody will have some "post-CARB" recommendations of increasing the power. i thought their base m/t fit dyno'd at 90 flat after warmed up.
this has been covered. if you want to add more power, you can upgrade up the injectors and add a header and catback. you can also change to a high-flow cat or a cat delete (though i don't personally condone the latter). you could be looking at 155-ish whp in a manual with these upgrades.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I just noticed th weapon r intake mani coming out as well! i wonder what kind of #s we'll make with this installed as well! i need to win the lottery lol...

Old 02-13-2008, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
so if I get the base kit (CARB legal) and eventually decide to get larger injectors and increase airflow with some bolt ons, how will I know if the A/F ratio is good? will the computer tune the A/F ratio itself? because I don't want my engine to blow and I want it running at its full potential!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whitefitsport
so if I get the base kit (CARB legal) and eventually decide to get larger injectors and increase airflow with some bolt ons, how will I know if the A/F ratio is good? will the computer tune the A/F ratio itself? because I don't want my engine to blow and I want it running at its full potential!
Exactly!

Oscar needs to show us in the dyno. that is the only way we will know for sure before we buy it.

I for one am going to invest considerable money into this and i also want to see the numbers before hand. Last thing i need is to pay 4+ grand and then get it on the dyno and find out i am running too rich or too lean.

From what i have read here and heard from others that have dealt with the oscars they build top notch stuff but it can't hurt to set everyone's mind at ease. Just my opinion.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Exactly!

Oscar needs to show us in the dyno. that is the only way we will know for sure before we buy it.

I for one am going to invest considerable money into this and i also want to see the numbers before hand. Last thing i need is to pay 4+ grand and then get it on the dyno and find out i am running too rich or too lean.

From what i have read here and heard from others that have dealt with the oscars they build top notch stuff but it can't hurt to set everyone's mind at ease. Just my opinion.
that is exactly why i will not get the base kit. it will come with the supercard which cannot be reflashed. it is very important to me to know that if adjustments need to be made that there is some provision to do so. to each their own. with the different tuning tools available to optimize your power and minimize your knock and know with certainty that your tune has a good margin of safety, i just couldn't encourage people to forgo those tools.

in short, i wouldn't spend $3500 for 120 whp and not know for sure that the tune is safe or that i'm not leaving a bunch of power on the table. doing so represents both a risk and a waste of money.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned
You guys neither asked for nor need my approval, but I commend your logical thinking and extreme care. I am content to just sit back and read this endless thread because it is so informative, and I have the opinion that the Kraftwerks know exactly what they are doing. When you consider the huge scope of this design and marketing program, for JUST ONE CAR, and the risks to their business that would come from any mistakes at all, the missing info. that keeps you all holding your breath before buying is completely understandable.

Even after reading the reviews that are sure to flood this forum after the first 50 sales, I will take a long weekend to drive down to Corona, if I decide to buy, and pick my system up. Then will drive a few miles to Lake Elsinore to a buddy's house, install and test the system, and enjoy the 7 1/2 hour drive back to Central Coast CA. Maybe 6 1/2 hours with the new lungs.

Last edited by manxman; 02-13-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
you must be one of the lucky ones with an M/T. i would love to get the high boost kit but there is no hondata reflash for the A/T. It would be nice to know how it works and what parameters it is controlling/adjusting.

Please Oscar what's the good word on the A/T kit???

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kits