Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

The Official Intake Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by SpokanejdmGD3
GREAT NEWS For those looking for an ARC induction box for the GD3.

Response:

Dear Micheal,

Thank you for your e-mail.
Induction box for GD3 is under development.

Regards,

Maiko
ARC International (arc@arcinter.co.jp)
this is very exciting.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up ...and the verdict is:

After reading just about everything on Fitfreak labeled "Intake" and talking with several members, I have ordered a H-Fit Supa Sucka. The SS thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ighlight=H-Fit is a recommeded read for anyone interested. Will add my impressions after I get it installed.

Last edited by der Mond; 05-30-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 06-02-2008, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
I sent a follow up email:

Thank you for you quick response.

I do have a couple more questions that have come up from the GD3 Honda Fit community in the United States however.

Is there an estimated date of release for the induction box? Also is it going to be compatible with the USDM GD3 Honda Fit? The current GD3 New Type Induction Box has been stated to not be compatible with the USDM GD3 and some of us ARC loyalists would love to be able to sport the induction box in our USDM Fit.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Micheal Bush

and....................the response. I know it is brief and all but I believe this is good news. Sounds like the panel filter box is going to be available for the USDM car.....when it comes out. (Oh yeah and remember when you read this the guy's first language isn't English so the first sentence might seem kind of odd)

Dear Micheal,

We don’t know when it released and the price.
New super induction box for GD3 that Japanese model was not fit to US car.
We are going to develop it as super induction box type. Not cone filter.

Regards,

Maiko
ARC International (arc@arcinter.co.jp)

Old 06-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
i am almost posotive that koolkevin is the one who is running the power box. try asking him about it.
Hey thanks for the tip. Will surely ask him. Have heard a lot of good reviews on the Power box, so might go for it!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R
Hey thanks for the tip. Will surely ask him. Have heard a lot of good reviews on the Power box, so might go for it!
no problem, i remembered he had it because i saw it on one of his youtube videos. plus i used to want it really bad. i my self havent heard that much about it but it looks just like the t1r intake and that one seems to perform great so i would imagine that the power box is just as good.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Name:  KevlarEngineFIT.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  124.5 KB

Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
still reminds me of a chicken leg......I like the fact that it matches ur mani cover. Any thoughts on the new battery? I like the black headlights & HIDs too.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:57 PM
it kind of does look like a chicken leg.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
That looks better than I imagined it would. I still think I'll hold out for the Super Induction Box though.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
any carb legal intakes

Old 07-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by overheatedfit
any carb legal intakes
Absolutely none so far. Fujita has applied for exemption at least a year ago, AFE has also applied, K&N never will, and H-Fit is still thinking about it.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by manxman
Absolutely none so far. Fujita has applied for exemption at least a year ago, AFE has also applied, K&N never will, and H-Fit is still thinking about it.
sounds about right, the thing that sucks most about that is that applying for carb exemption usually takes a minimum of two years.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
I recently installed my H-Fit SSI. I've only had it for a week now and overall i'm happy with it. Where I'm living in NJ right now has a lot of hills on 2-lane 50mph roads. A lot of time you get stuck behind someone unfamiliar with the area going 40mph or so, this can be tricky when your going up a hill and trying to stay in 5th gear. The reason I wanted this intake was for its good torque. I have to admit that I did not see a difference in the low end torque where I wanted to see it. Although I can't feel the difference on the uphill at 2k rpms, I can definately feel it in my 0-60 time and at highway speeds. I can accelerate much faster at high speeds. Sometimes on a slight uphill going 70mph I couldn't accelerate to 80mph very fast, now its a matter of seconds. Lastly is the sound, its quiet at low rmps, but when you get to about 4k its sounds SWEET!

Josh

Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
I'm looking for a cheap, short ram intake, like the Weapon R or the Fujita, or the HPS.
I don't really want to pay over $140 or so, and i don't really care if i can't feel any added performance, i just want something that will sound good.
I saw an HPS SRI on a website that i now forgot for $95
Can somebody give me some advice?

Old 07-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I love the T1R carbon piece!!!! My Fit donesn´t have the L15A engine, but the L12A 1246cc 78 hp 110 Nm....European model... (Portugal) Will the T1R carbon induction system fit on my Fit?? Just plug and play?? The throtlle body as the same diameter??

Old 07-24-2008, 09:27 AM
i saw the ARC intake for the US fit.... Its really only an intake with a Metal Filter and an ARC sticker.... the over seas version is better its a Induction BOX, but they say it wont fit us models. i think it will with a smaller battery. its looks Gangsta on the fit. theres a video on Youtube of a fit with the box and some other over seas goodies

Old 07-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Fa1
Originally Posted by da9rood
i saw the ARC intake for the US fit.... Its really only an intake with a Metal Filter and an ARC sticker.... the over seas version is better its a Induction BOX, but they say it wont fit us models. i think it will with a smaller battery. its looks Gangsta on the fit. theres a video on Youtube of a fit with the box and some other over seas goodies
I emailed boomplustoys a few days ago. According to them the old style induction box is still under development.

The newer super induction box is available through them but they said it requires slight modification to fit the us-spec fits.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
4. hks super suction kit $663.39 at bullerproofautomotive.com

(copied from bulletproofautomotive.com) High capacity racing intake kit made of aluminum. 70mm-60mm piping
this is nice... has anyone installed HKS Super Mega Flow Reloaded? I'm confused about it cause I don't see any aluminum pipe. just an aluminum adapter and the air filter. so like its gonna attach to the stock/rubber pipe? how does that help since the idea is to remove the stock? plz explain.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by vi0007
this is nice... has anyone installed HKS Super Mega Flow Reloaded? I'm confused about it cause I don't see any aluminum pipe. just an aluminum adapter and the air filter. so like its gonna attach to the stock/rubber pipe? how does that help since the idea is to remove the stock? plz explain.
the intake in the picture is an hks super suction kit. it is basically a fancy short ram intake. and it cost a butt load of money.

the super mega flow reloaded that you are refering to is simple a less restrictive filter that bolts on to the stock intake arm, basically another short ram intake. it just doesnt cost as much as the super suction kit does.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Thumbs up

Im going to go with the password:JDM intake, I like the way its looks

Quick Reply: The Official Intake Thread