Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

The Official Intake Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Oh cool thanks but ur in SCAL i just moved from SD it only rains like 3 times a year. But yea ur right its really not worth the chance even though i have never heard it happening to any one i know. but i don't want to be the first ethier.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
I don't see why people who live in SoCal worry about hydrolocking. I mean... Really... How much rain do we get a year?
You're right, but some places in our area get really bad flooding due to poor draining. Like on Colima Rd, the whole right lane gets flooded. When i used to drive a lifted Nissan xterra, i used to drive in the right lane for fun, just to see the water splash 6ft into the air. LOL!

Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Oh cool thanks but ur in SCAL i just moved from SD it only rains like 3 times a year. But yea ur right its really not worth the chance even though i have never heard it happening to any one i know. but i don't want to be the first ethier.
Yeah, This just goes to show how much of a worry freak i am. LOL. Its mid january and its 80 degrees right now. But yeah, its not worth taking the chance IMO. Like the member from NY that hydrolocked but got lucky because a local member had done a K-swap so had an extra L15 sitting around. It only takes one bad puddle. besides i'm still paying off the car, it wouldnt be cool if i had to dish out an extra grand for a new motor if something did happen.

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 01-21-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Cool i just bought the intake for 36.80 shiped to me by this weekend. I have to install springs and the intake on saturday

Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Cool i just bought the intake for 36.80 shiped to me by this weekend. I have to install springs and the intake on saturday
dope! I was going to suggest that you pick up the SRI and the CAI. That way you could make it a seasonal thing. So if you dont have money for mods and want to do some wrenching on the fit you can just swap intakes. Its something i would do LOL

Old 01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Yea that would be good the SRI is my dd intake until the guy is ready to get rid of his carbon one, that is going to be my intake for shows and meets. I might still pick up the cold air for $90 its such a good deal they go for $250 i want to say new. And i could go back and forth with those 2 as my DD but for now i could not pass up 36.80 shiped to me by saturday for a intake

Old 01-21-2009, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
where is this one for 90 at? j/w

Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Can someone that has the PRM intake give me some info plz!!! I'm torn between PRM and T1R.
Thanks in advance

Old 03-06-2009, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
I had the AFE and switched to the PRM.
PRM is louder than the AFE, but I think the sound is better.
PRM seemed to make a bit more power than AFE which was better than stock.
PRM was wayyyyy easier to install.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM
I would post the picture I have but network here blocks photobucket for some reason.

I saved picture but never saved member name or link from fitfreak. Who has a silver gd3 with the k20 intake arm/tube with an hks filter. Looks very NON flashy yet nice and I like it a lot. Please PM me if you know what im talking about. I have some questions. and need a part number. thanks!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Hopefully some of you guys might have the answer to this.

I want to buy the Fujita SR-1924 for my 08 Fit Sport.

There are several places on the Internet that sells the Polished version of the SRI (1924 is the polished one). There are some places that sell the Black one (SR-1924B) and there are others that sell the Championship Bronze one SR-1924CB).

But to my surprise I've not been able to locate a vendor online that sells the Gun Metal version that supposedly has been produced for this SRI.

Could someone on here please let me know if Fujita made the Gun Metal version for the SR-1924? If so please point me to the vendor who does have it in stock.

If for some reason there isn't a Gun Metal version of this intake, I'd be ok in getting the Black or Championship Bronze one though I'd rather get the Gun Metal one, but again if it doesn't exist I will settle for either the black or the Bronze one.

Also does anyone know if any of the finishes that Fujita uses: the Wrinkle Black, Championship Bronze, or Gun Metal, are heat resistant? I know that the Polished one can't be heat resistant.

There are a number of ways I can shield the intake from excessive heat but I wanted to know if the finishes have some sort of heat resistance already.

Thanx for your help on this!!

peace,

Old 04-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I dont know why no one has mentioned AEM. I have the AEM cai and love it. I live in Canada and yes it comes off come winter lol. I keep my eye out for big puddles as well. It sound great and notice a small power gain.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
When I was on an accord forum all anyone talked about was DC Sports header and AEM intake all day long. AEM has been around for a while. They've got some good stuff : pulleys fuel rails etc etc But I guess the reason (this is my opinion) why I don't see too much talk about AEM on here is that it's not JDM and heck I think Injen and Fujita have come up with some comperable intakes.

Personally I have always wanted the Fujita (almost bought it for the accord) now I'm looking for one for my FIT.

Nothing wrong with the AEM intake it's solid piece of equipment, lots of info on the AEM on the net.

peace,

Old 05-26-2009, 02:17 PM
By far the easiest short ram is either the SSI or the Fujita by the looks. In my experience: K&N hah! the easy part is attaching the heat deflector plate, the mandrel bent tubing. Though it is hard to do w/o dropping a nut or two... But the filter is to go between the battery and the front brace. I guess if I were to pull the battery, cut off a piece of front frame around the hood holder pole it would just drop in: It does not. Very poor filter design; cannot be forced. w/o modifications will not just drop in. I do like the J's Racing which even with taking off the bumper guard would be easier to re-charge or replace that the K&N Performance. Currently waiting for the Return Authorization!!
If anyone would have a mechanic put this in and/or take the filter out to re-charge would probably cost: $85+ and I am not made of money. But I do have faith in K&N.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
I installed the Fujita Short Ram on my 07 Auto and the throttle just doesn't feel the same. It just FEELS better and more natural stock. In low gears like 1st, 2nd, it seems to jump RPM's to bring air in. There's no steady rpm climb to the next gear, it's kind of jumpy. I guess it's just a change in throttle response, really. I wonder if other short rams are like this. I'm thinking about going back to stock and dropping in a K&N filter.

Above 4 RPMs you def. notice a difference in sound but I haven't dynoed it or got track times. The best thing about the Fujita Intake is def. the sound. I mean it sounds MEAN coming down the street.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
This past week I installed the Injen cold air intake SP1511 for my slushbox.

I previously had the PRM intake installed. Installation/uninstallation is super easy. I love the sound of this intake! Sounds so awesome! Design and apperance looks high quality as well. Performance was comparable to the H-Fit Supa Sucka Intake; definitely better than stock that's for sure.

I had purcahsed the Injen CAI and was lazy to test it out, on top of that I was still happy with the PRM. But now it was time to clean the filter and I had a free day to install the Injen so I went ahead and did it! This has got to be the intake that requires the most work.. taking off the bumper, snaking the silicone through the frame and aligning/connecting all the pipes was a chore! I have fog lights and it seems teh filter element might be touching the foglight bulb.. Not sure if anyone else experienced that. I took my time on this because I did not want to screw up the bumper, but overall I think it was worth the effort!

Some immediate things I noticed were: distinct sound, increase in mid to top-range power. The sound is like a deep toned muffled vacuum. Probably because the filter isnt in the engine bay but in the wheel well area. It doesn't sound bad, it's pretty unique and subtle. A lot quieter than the PRM in all RPMs. Now in mid-range to top-end power, i feel some extra pulling power. More noticable than the PRM..

But to defend PRM, when I installed the WeaponR Street header while I had the PRM intake, I did not reset the ECU. So the only thing I noticed was a little better low-end power. Not sure if resetting the ECU while I had the PRM/weaponR header combo would see the same gains I see now with the Injen.. and with the amount of time required to uninstall the Injen, I don't think I want to test it out lol

Old 05-28-2009, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
I just removed my "I was a Supa Sucka" cracked intake and installed the PRM. I swear to God the throttle response is punchier and the car just seems faster, above and beyond the increase in sound. I'd sure like to hear that Injen, I would be happier with a "...deep toned muffled vacuum."

Old 05-28-2009, 05:17 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
I installed the Fujita Short Ram on my 07 Auto and the throttle just doesn't feel the same. It just FEELS better and more natural stock. In low gears like 1st, 2nd, it seems to jump RPM's to bring air in. There's no steady rpm climb to the next gear, it's kind of jumpy. I guess it's just a change in throttle response, really. I wonder if other short rams are like this. I'm thinking about going back to stock and dropping in a K&N filter.
Did you reset the ECU and do the idle re-learn procedure? If not you definitely want to do that before pronouncing judgement.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wdb
Did you reset the ECU and do the idle re-learn procedure? If not you definitely want to do that before pronouncing judgement.
No, I actually haven't reset the ECU. It's just pulling the negative battery cable right. How do you do the idle re-learn procedure?

Old 05-28-2009, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
No, I actually haven't reset the ECU. It's just pulling the negative battery cable right. How do you do the idle re-learn procedure?
there's a stickied thread in the DIY section
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...procedure.html

Old 05-29-2009, 06:31 AM
My TODA CAI

Quick Reply: The Official Intake Thread