Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

T1R Clutch=Big Time FAIL

Old 08-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
T1R Clutch=Big Time FAIL

Well..... where do i start? i guess ill start when i put the HKS turbo kit on my fit, which is awesome. i drove it for a few weeks and noticed that the clutch was starting to slip going into 2nd gear. so being an automotive technician myself i lifted the car up and took off the clutch inspection plate. what i found was, nothing, no dust no flakes no nothing. so against my better judgment i went on the AJ racing web site knowing they were the only ones that offered a clutch and pressure plate for the fit. what i read was very enticing. they went on and on about how this clutch was better and could hold up to 200 horse power and the how pressure was %30 stronger then stock and how it could be used on turbo or N/A cars. now the web site has changed drastically and says nothing about the capability's of this clutch, but that is besides the point. i bought the clutch and with out going into two many details it took WAY to long to get here, again besides the point. so with my new clutch in hand i took it to my local Honda dealer for them to install it because i only want the best to work on my car. this is where the "fun" starts, the tech who took the OEM clutch out told me there was noting at all wrong with the stock clutch it was not even showing any signs of ware. i told the tech that this is good because this new fancy T1R set has this %30 more grabbing power pressure plate and that will solve my slipping problem. the tech shook his head and told me that he had a good amount of the other techs look at it and none could tell the difference between the OEM and the T1R, pressure fingers, springs and surface all the same. same with the clutch disk it self ,it is all the same. well, i trusted this Canadian company and had Honda put it in anyways. the result is same pedal feel, same grab pressure and now today SAME SECOND GEAR SLIP, i am absolutely irate. i spent $500 dollars on this clutch and $400 for Honda to install it and now im right back were i started. i have not called AJ racing yet because i dont really want to deal with them but i know they post on this forum, so if they read this i just want them to know that some of my colleges have suggested legal action on the basis of false advertising but i dont want to go that rout. i would like a $450 dollar refund. i get to this number by taking half of the product cost and half of the labor cost and paying them my self have having the company at fault pick up the tab for the rest. i think that this is only fair, dont you my fellow Fit freaks?

Old 08-07-2008, 05:21 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
The clutch is made by Exedy... Exedy sells a OEM replacement kit only right now. So i think it is THE SAME as stock. but cheaper.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
so what if they are on this site? tell your experience because i wouldnt want this to happen to anyone else.

hell i bought a spoon spoiler and paid $500 for it and it took 4 months to get it and then it was broke and almost a month later its still broken and no one has done nothing about it.

yes REFUND!!!

Last edited by redrumm; 08-07-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:25 PM
wow that sounds like some bs,I sure would be asking for alot more than 450...false advertising bitches!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
The clutch is made by Exedy... Exedy sells a OEM replacement kit only right now. So i think it is THE SAME as stock. but cheaper.
lol i found this out 2 late but AJ made a big hype and made it out to be this hard core racing clutch and then changed there site right after i bought it

Old 08-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by redrumm
so what if they are on this site? tell your experience because i wouldnt want this to happen to anyone else.

hell i bought a spoon spoiler and paid $500 for it and it took 4 months to get it and then it was broke and almost a month later its still broken and no one has done nothing about it.

yes REFUND!!!
this is what im trying to do. dont make the same mistake that i did

Old 08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye
wow that sounds like some bs,I sure would be asking for alot more than 450...false advertising bitches!
well im a fair guy and i think that almost fair

Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
this is what im trying to do. dont make the same mistake that i did

what mistake?? buying from them? cause i already bought it and i still got it. body shop said it was manufactures error on the spoiler and AJR denies it was and it was damaged in shipping.

Last edited by redrumm; 08-07-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Fa1
Like I said in your other thread before you even put it in, it was an organic clutch and there would be minimal if any changes at all. You should have known from the pics aj-racing used. But it was also wrong for ajr to hype it up to what you thought it was so it could go both ways. In the future don't buy a clutch without actual torque holding capacity numbers.

its funny how people talk shit about buying rotas,or ebay parts...when you see right here two reputable companies (spoon,t1r) are making sub par parts. I was running an ACT/Toda combo on my S2000 and it was awesome,ACT making anything for the fit?

That sucks Josh hopefully they refund you the money because it's ridiculous that this can happen.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
thing that sucks is they could say NO to the refund since he used it

Old 08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Is this the same clutch here?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...ne-2008-a.html

Hi Guys,

We have developed a sport clutch kit for the Honda Fit. This clutch is designed and made by Exedy Japan according to our specifications. It handles up to 200hp so will be competable with the T1R Turbo kit

We used Ultra Fiber disk instead of cerametallic for long life span and easy operation with a almost same pedal feel as stock so you will not break your legs under stop and go traffic. This clutch grabs 40% over stock units.
Maybe there was a mix up and they sent you and OEM replacement instead.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
I am very upset but i think this post wont yield me any refund. but hopefully it will deter the rest of you from buying this thing.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Is this the same clutch here?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...ne-2008-a.html

Maybe there was a mix up and they sent you and OEM replacement instead.

nope, no mix up thats the one

Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
nope, no mix up thats the one

you should print that and save it

Old 08-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
We have developed a sport clutch kit for the Honda Fit. This clutch is designed and made by Exedy Japan according to our specifications. It handles up to 200hp so will be competable with the T1R Turbo kit

We used Ultra Fiber disk instead of cerametallic for long life span and easy operation with a almost same pedal feel as stock so you will not break your legs under stop and go traffic. This clutch grabs 40% over stock units.

lol i just noticed this lol i thought it was 30% lol lolol what a crock of SHIT!!!!

errrrr im so mad

Old 08-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Josh, Glad you put this up. Al though some might think youre "black mailing" the company.

It needs to be brought to peoples attention as the clutch was stated as a performance clutch. If it cant hold 145whp how is it a performance clutch?

Originally Posted by JDMchris
Its posted as a performance clutch. And its not cheaper than the OEM from what I remember. He could have pieced an OEM disc and pressure plate for cheaper than the T1R clutch.

And it had a T1R stamp. When Josh got the clutch thats all the difference was from stock.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Josh, Glad you put this up. Al though some might think youre "black mailing" the company.

It needs to be brought to peoples attention as the clutch was stated as a performance clutch. If it cant hold 145whp how is it a performance clutch?

Its posted as a performance clutch. And its not cheaper than the OEM from what I remember. He could have pieced an OEM disc and pressure plate for cheaper than the T1R clutch.

And it had a T1R stamp. When Josh got the clutch thats all the difference was from stock.

atleast his had a stamp mine didnt even come with anything from spoon.....im jealous

Old 08-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Fa1
Hi Guys,

Clutches are never rated by the horsepower they can handle. They're always rated by how much torque they can handle. It could be a k20 with 200hp/130tq compared to something like what gd3kamiwanaB has at 145hp/139tq.

As far as I know, almost all exedy's organic clutches are oem replacements. Their cerametallic or stage II line is where the performance starts and the pedal feel is only a bit different from stock.
And as far as grabbing 40% over stock, there's no actually torque capacity rating.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T1R Clutch=Big Time FAIL