Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

NST pulley...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
NST pulley...

I know its been a long time since ive talked about the NST crank pulley... i must say its pretty good. Since the honda Fit wasnt meant for Speed, but around 1-4 gear there a lil kick as you come down to the last gear 5th it dies down... Hopefully soon when i go down to a track i can run against my buddies Spec-V ( i/h/e/nismo cams/UR pulleys) i should be able to keep up with him ...

Old 12-13-2008, 04:38 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
I have a quick question about pulleys in general, if anyone could possibly answer.

What if I got an aftermarket crank pulley like the NST, then took the Fit in to the Honda dealership for services (have to get the full services in order to maintain my free-oil-changes-for-lifetime deal). I've taken the fit in with the I/H/E for previous services by the way. Is there a reason (like warranty) that I should not do this (or even with just the i/h/e mods)?

Old 12-13-2008, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
I have a quick question about pulleys in general, if anyone could possibly answer.

What if I got an aftermarket crank pulley like the NST, then took the Fit in to the Honda dealership for services (have to get the full services in order to maintain my free-oil-changes-for-lifetime deal). I've taken the fit in with the I/H/E for previous services by the way. Is there a reason (like warranty) that I should not do this (or even with just the i/h/e mods)?
if you going for regular service you should be fine... but if its like a warranty problem then might void the warranty, but to do that they have to prove that the Pulley or I/H/E is causing that problem, they cant just void the warranty like that... if so just go to another honda Dealership

Old 12-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info. I only go for regular service changes as the maintenance minder comes up. If something was wrong and I needed to fix under warranty, I'd change out the aftermarket parts back to stock before going.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
Thanks for the info. I only go for regular service changes as the maintenance minder comes up. If something was wrong and I needed to fix under warranty, I'd change out the aftermarket parts back to stock before going.
pretty much...

Old 12-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Fit Freak Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
I know its been a long time since ive talked about the NST crank pulley... i must say its pretty good. Since the honda Fit wasnt meant for Speed, but around 1-4 gear there a lil kick as you come down to the last gear 5th it dies down... Hopefully soon when i go down to a track i can run against my buddies Spec-V ( i/h/e/nismo cams/UR pulleys) i should be able to keep up with him ...
Hey, you can always brag about the fact that you can get way better gas mileage than him

Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit Love
Hey, you can always brag about the fact that you can get way better gas mileage than him
lol so many times i have lol....

Old 12-18-2008, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
How did you even get it on there? I was at Mike's shop (the owner of NST) and we had everything ready to go, but as we "tried" to put the NST pulley on, it wouldn't slide on. He tried to hammer it on but stopped after saying that it's not fitting correctly. Come to find out, the center bore was not correct. He had to have the whole batch redone.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
lol so many times i have lol....
funny, whenever my friends give me shit about my Fit being so slow i challenge them to a long-distance race. 1 full tank, person who gets the farthest wins

more info on the NST crank pulley, i may get one of these after the holidays

Old 12-18-2008, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Saved
How did you even get it on there? I was at Mike's shop (the owner of NST) and we had everything ready to go, but as we "tried" to put the NST pulley on, it wouldn't slide on. He tried to hammer it on but stopped after saying that it's not fitting correctly. Come to find out, the center bore was not correct. He had to have the whole batch redone.
does that mean that there are a batch of NST pulleys that won't Fit floating around

Old 12-18-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Saved
yeah it didnt fit the first time i tried it, pretty much took me about 45 minutes to get it on... they were off by .180 but i had to smooth out the inside of it fit in like a charm... they are working on the 2 other pulleys for the Fit so ill let you know... and its working Fine on my car
hopefully that helps

Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Well that explains a lot. I thought mine was the only one that didn't fit! I bought one from NST off ebay, got it but it wouldn't go on. I sent it back and n they shipped me another one and same prob. I took it to a machine shop today to get it bored out but I obviously needed the diameter of the crank so they can bore it out to the correct spec. So .18, cool.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iambenny5000
Well that explains a lot. I thought mine was the only one that didn't fit! I bought one from NST off ebay, got it but it wouldn't go on. I sent it back and n they shipped me another one and same prob. I took it to a machine shop today to get it bored out but I obviously needed the diameter of the crank so they can bore it out to the correct spec. So .18, cool.
yeah that might be the right numbers... everytime your bore it out make sure you keep measuring the OEM pulley to be 100% correct...it took me like 4 tries

Old 01-22-2009, 02:43 AM
I have the ones that fit correctly. NST makes great products, I have their pulleys in all my cars.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:02 AM
any updates if they fit GE fit?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by d1nzfe
any updates if they fit GE fit?
i can find out for you..

Old 01-27-2010, 02:07 AM
are there any of u using A/T transmission
changing crank pulley such as NST or any other ??

some says error could occur when it applies on A/T transmission ???

Old 01-27-2010, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ku8o
are there any of u using A/T transmission
changing crank pulley such as NST or any other ??

some says error could occur when it applies on A/T transmission ???
im not sure if nst has it for the A/t but i know couple of ppl use the UR pulleys on the A/T and works Great

Old 01-28-2010, 05:39 AM
im not sure if nst has it for the A/t but i know couple of ppl use the UR pulleys on the A/T and works Great
hey i thought there was no difference between A/T and M/T crank pulley ???

is it true, T1R had already dynoed, before and after changing those light weight pulley and some of the result on A/T were decreased Horse Power ????

Old 01-28-2010, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
there is very little difference. not even enough to feel that it made an impact.