Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Sugarphreak 2.0 - Kickoff

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sugarphreak 2.0 - Kickoff

It has been a long time coming; I have been pretty dormant since September on moving ahead with mods. Then came one long cold winter with a recession plaguing everything...

...But it is spring now, I am only about 2 to 3 weeks away from getting everything wrapped up and slapping the ol' SSM onto the Dyno for some real results! I am going to be touching up this thread as things progress.

So far things look good, no codes, all products are performing well with no issues and notable butt-gains are apparent. I am also testing out some tuning modifications today.

Anyway, onto the good stuff

The Overall Plan:

1. Swap in the 3rd revision of the WR Manifold - DONE!
2. Check for EGR issues - DONE! NO ISSUES!
3. Order new light weight wheels - ON HAND! WHITE ROTA C10's

4. Order new tires - STILL ON ORDER
5. Install WR SRI (remove Fujita CAI) - DONE!
6. Install WR Race Header (Remove cat & T1R Header) - DONE!
7. Order wideband sensor - DONE! LM2

8. Get Laptop for tuning - DONE! EEEPC

9. Re-Tune Greddy E-manage Ultimate - DONE!
10. Dyno Car - WAITING FOR TUNE & TIRES!
11. Testing for mileage, autocross performance & overall drive ability - Final Stage

Some More Pics:

Latest Picture as of this morning:

Some product shots!

Questions & Comments Welcome!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 04-18-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
do it have some issue about the weapon r headers?

Old 04-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kurse
do it have some issue about the weapon r headers?
lol, just getting them in!

Is a serious pain in the ass, we had to drop the subframe and spend a lot of time trying to work them in.

At the end of the day they don't leak and the fitment is pretty good. They do push the B-pipe back about an inch from where it should be IMO, but it doesn't really matter as it stays under the heat shield and does not interfere with anything.. Sound levels are up as expected without a cat, but after about a week I got used to it and it isn't so bad.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
have you see some gain?

Old 04-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
should just order 310cc injectors and the kwsc kit and call it a day.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
post some sound clips or vids.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
I don't know why you love Weapon R and stick by their products so much. After dealing with mine, I don't even want to see their name...

But I wish you luck man, cant wait to see the numbers..

Old 04-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
should just order 310cc injectors and the kwsc kit and call it a day.
There are several disadvantages (in my opinion, nothing against people who own and love these kits) to the KWSC kit; first as an FI car the insurance company wants to know... so they can increase my rates; secondly it requires expensive gas instead of the cheap stuff I have come to know and love; thirdly, after seeing the clearances and some of the issues that have come up with a local install here I don't think it is going to offer the kind of reliability I am looking for.

If I really wanted a dedicated power monster I would have bought something else to be honest

It isn't all about ultimate power, I dig having a N/A car. It is challenging to squeeze even just a few extra points of power out of the car, keeps me busy without really having the risk of blowing up something if I screw up.

This is my daily driver; so it offers a great balance between commuting, Autocross, taking my bikes out to trails & road trips. I really don't think any other car with any other mods could achieve so much without compromise.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 04-12-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam21
I don't know why you love Weapon R and stick by their products so much. After dealing with mine, I don't even want to see their name...

But I wish you luck man, cant wait to see the numbers..
I can't blame you, I don't know why things came apart the way they did in your case, it pains me to see other members dealing with nonsense. I have been down that road myself with Battle Endless & a few other companies so I know where you are coming from and I totally sympathize. With the race header especially after reading about it between you and Ray I was skeptical and worried for sure. I bought the product on trust because we have had a good relationship over the past year, they have appeared to addressed the previous issues with it. Not that it exonerates them for putting something that wasn't fully ready on the market in any way; but I think they are making a strong effort to get the R&D and preliminary testing done now on products before they hit the shelves. At the end of the day a crappy company is one that just keeps producing garbage over and over, the good ones learn from their past oversights and use them to grow into a great company. Anyway, I know this is a touchy subject for both sides so I will cut off my philosophizing there

To answer your question though about why I love WR products;I am looking for hard hitting products like the race header, manifold and overkill intake systems. Not a lot of companies produce them, I have to say after running a totally new set of aftermarket parts these ones really have some bite to them. I have also had a pretty good run with WR. They have looked after me thus far despite the R&D issues and fact we are even in different countries! Leo has been great to deal with in my case and whenever I have had a concern or issue he has made himself available to help me out.

With the manifold specifically I am pretty happy that I was able to work with them to resolve some of the issues with prototype products that were previously unforeseen. At the end of the day I think people buying the products we have gone back and forth on they will be happy with them.

After last time I have really been looking forward to getting some new numbers to post, I was getting a pretty hard time from people about it for a while now!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kurse
have you see some gain?
Although no Dyno yet... YES! (is what my butt tells me!)

Old 04-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
post some sound clips or vids.
I tried making some sound clips recently, but my microphone isn't picking up the nice sound... just the crappy popping sound of wind

Old 04-12-2009, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
thank you for the answer

Old 04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
i love college
where did you pick up your race header from? straight from WR? or elsewhere?

Old 04-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
where did you pick up your race header from? straight from WR? or elsewhere?
Leo @ WR hooked me up with a Race Header & Intake system. You can buy direct from them.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:08 PM
i love college
alright cool and im hoping that you dont need the hardcore stuff like emanage for it to work right? or does it throw off AFR?

Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I think you can get away from the E-manage especially considering it is just Naturally Aspirated; but as a counter point if you are going all out on headers, cat removal, full exhuast, air intake & manifold, most people that check are running a touch leaner than they should be. Something less expensive like an Apexi-Neo can be used to correct it.

I would say once you have your setup finished it never hurts to book some time on the dyno and have them throw on a wideband. It gives you an idea of exactly where you stand as far as power goes as well as an indication if you need to tweak anything at all before you start spending money on tuning gear.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
looking good man. i bet it feels real nice with all the WR stuff

Old 04-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
looking good man. i bet it feels real nice with all the WR stuff
I played around with tuning a bit today, things are finally starting to feel a lot better

Old 04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I might have to push out my Dyno again

Tires I have been trying to get in are delayed big time. I have been trying to get my hands on (Khumo XS, as a backup the Bridgestone RE-11's)... but both are looking like I won't get them until mid May now!!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
such a bad ass NA fit.
now lower that bitch!

Quick Reply: Sugarphreak 2.0 - Kickoff