Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

New Products: Bisimoto

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by 5speedwonder
Every car I've built myself, every car was a monster.
Thats the only way to do it IMHO.

And sorry, most of that was in the event I had someone like xm8 try and start some non-sense, not necessarily aimed at you.

Always nice to run into someone who owns or owned a 1G they built themselves! 200HP/Liter no less!

Though not quite as stout as the B/H/K series the L series is proving to be pretty tough for being the baby of the bunch.

The sound of a built and boosted B18 revving north of 8k is enough to give someone chills haha

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-13-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
yessir, I love the 1g's I was kinda wondering what was up with the comment lol.

I still have my 4g63 in my garage and I just ordered a berrien rail buggy frame...and...well...I think you see where this is going. lol. Anyway, back on topic...yay for someone offering a proven built block option AND the option for us to do the work ourselves!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by 5speedwonder
yessir, I love the 1g's I was kinda wondering what was up with the comment lol.

I still have my 4g63 in my garage and I just ordered a berrien rail buggy frame...and...well...I think you see where this is going. lol. Anyway, back on topic...yay for someone offering a proven built block option AND the option for us to do the work ourselves!

A 4G63T powered sandrail would be pants-crapping-ly fast. If you can't find any of your 1G sensors like a Karmann MAS or other obscure odds and ends lying around I may have some stuff to donate to that cause if the need arises! I have 2 6-bolt long blocks and 1 '98-'99 revised split thrust-bearing 7-bolt block in the garage lol...

And Amen, I just want to see some of these serious L15 builds that are coming out of the wood work now! Unfortunately looks like the real hardcore ones are overseas at the moment.

Mine is waiting on me to get my school and other build priorities sorted. And my GD's warranty is just about up. Then mock-up and real wrenching begins! As long as my finances allow, but the budget is currently looking like this could be done by the end of Fall '11.

My quest to compete in some Standing Mile events this summer has my full focus at the moment. So I gotta hustle and do the other projects for friends and aquaintances so I can afford to get my fire suppression system, roof rails and a 200MPH legal cage installed. Then it is off to inspection.. to learn what else I need lol

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-13-2011 at 08:50 PM.