Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   KTuner ECU Reflash (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/86764-ktuner-ecu-reflash.html)

bensenvill 12-21-2014 11:58 PM

I'd pretty certainly be in for this pending some additional feedback, both from the first batch of forum members that give it a try and specs of what is available for adjustment (IE my interest starts with being able to override emissions tests).

I'm a 09 MT. I'll dredge up my ecu code.

keeping a close eye on this.... someone might want to post a thread in the GE sub-folder linking here as I'm sure some interested members are missing this thread.

KTuner 12-22-2014 09:02 AM

No need to add individual part numbers to the original post (That's going to be tedious). I'll have the entire series available on the website once I'm ready to take testers.

07fit916 12-22-2014 10:29 AM

Subscribed. Was gonna pull trigger on a boomslang/aem setup pretty soon too! Glad I waited.

Waiz 12-22-2014 01:15 PM

Subscribed

Good thread, thanks for posting OP

KTuner, welcome to the forum. We have been waiting for support for the GE for a long time!

Myxalplyx 12-22-2014 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1283516)
No need to add individual part numbers to the original post (That's going to be tedious). I'll have the entire series available on the website once I'm ready to take testers.

10-4 :thumbups:

BTW: I posted a link to the KTuner Facebook page in the original post. If you like dyno results like I do, check the link to it out and keep scrolling through it all.

SLW_FiT 12-22-2014 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1283237)
But I have R18 support already. :)

Thanks for the interest shown so far guys. I'll FIT as much as I can into the short term schedule and ask for some testers shortly. :)

I'll gladly be one of those testers!:)
Subscribed. Super interested

Immortal_BLG 12-22-2014 05:39 PM

Interested!
But I have only one question, whether there will be a support for JDM ECU's?
As far as I know hondata didn't support JDM...
Thanks!

hotkey 12-22-2014 10:39 PM

^ depends on part number. Mine is 37820-RB7-P64, which is different from USDM.

We may need to send our ECU's to get support.

SlowFit13 12-22-2014 11:24 PM

yes! please release this , i have cash in hand!!!

VitViper 12-24-2014 08:27 AM

I'm happy to see development happening on all kinds of fronts -- putting the Fit into the mold is a great addition. Hopefully in the near future we will have support for the whole Honda line up ;)

And as always, I keep these units in stock and on the shelf, and will be supporting the KTuner platform via eTuning and dyno tuning (for any locals)!

Myxalplyx 12-24-2014 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by VitViper (Post 1283844)
I'm happy to see development happening on all kinds of fronts -- putting the Fit into the mold is a great addition. Hopefully in the near future we will have support for the whole Honda line up ;)

And as always, I keep these units in stock and on the shelf, and will be supporting the KTuner platform via eTuning and dyno tuning (for any locals)!

Thanks for joining Vit and again Merry Xmas.

DWils 12-24-2014 10:27 AM

Watch out! Vit's finally on FitFreak! Welcome, Vit!

Steven Hung 12-25-2014 09:53 PM

2009 Honda Fit Sport, 5 speed manual 37820-RP3-A03 6800-107591

07fit916 12-25-2014 11:42 PM

posted on ktuner forum topic but ill post here too just in case
2013 Fit Sport M/T - 37820-RP3-A17
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7515/...996a730b_z.jpg

Myxalplyx 12-26-2014 09:42 AM

**Update 12/26/14**

I know I have been quiet. With Xmas, family time and working a 72hr work week, I have been swamped. I received the unit on 12/24. My plan is to start datalogging tonight and/or tomorrow. Will see how it all goes. :thumbups: Updated the first page with this info.

BMW ALPINA 12-26-2014 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1284106)
**Update 12/26/14**

I know I have been quiet. With Xmas, family time and working a 72hr work week, I have been swamped. I received the unit on 12/24. My plan is to start datalogging tonight and/or tomorrow. Will see how it all goes. :thumbups: Updated the first page with this info.

Wow, Congratulations,
This is very exciting !

Please kindly post here what kind of tuning your K-Tuner unit can do for you.
Can it adjust Timing, Bigger Injector, Support Supercharger/Turbocharger and any other function available,... Thanks

Myxalplyx 12-26-2014 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA (Post 1284111)
Wow, Congratulations,
This is very exciting !

Please kindly post here what kind of tuning your K-Tuner unit can do for you.
Can it adjust Timing, Bigger Injector, Support Supercharger/Turbocharger and any other function available,... Thanks

What can I do with KTuner?
KTuner allows full tuning of ignition, fuel, cam angle, and additional supporting parameters. Paired with essential datalogging parameters at high speeds, KTuner can be utilized to tune your application properly. KTuner also has custom developed features that can help you achieve your tuning goals beyond the factory capabilities. From this link --> HERE

I know it does more but Ktuner can define what more is. I think their main focus is naturally aspirated support but with turbo/supercharging somewhere on the horizon. I'm sure they chime in with more info.

BMW ALPINA 12-26-2014 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1284121)
What can I do with KTuner?
KTuner allows full tuning of ignition, fuel, cam angle, and additional supporting parameters. Paired with essential datalogging parameters at high speeds, KTuner can be utilized to tune your application properly. KTuner also has custom developed features that can help you achieve your tuning goals beyond the factory capabilities. From this link --> HERE

I know it does more but Ktuner can define what more is. I think their main focus is naturally aspirated support but with turbo/supercharging somewhere on the horizon. I'm sure they chime in with more info.

Oh, yes, I read those before at KTuner website,
but I think he post somewhere on this thread,
where he actually ask us to give him any idea what we would love to had,
and since your unit is the first one for GK,
perhaps it does not have all the functions that he offer for other Honda Model.
But if it have all the functions describe on his website,
that would be excellent.
Thanks

KTuner 12-26-2014 02:48 PM

Initial release is just that, an initial release with the basics. More features will be added over time.

Myxalplyx 12-27-2014 12:05 AM

***Update 12/26/14***

I just did my first datalog. It was non-eventful. Just your regular day to day driving with a wide open throttle here and there. I saved the file and sent one to Ktuner (Just to be sure I'm doing this right) and one to VitViper for Tuning. VitViper is **Closed** for the holidays until 1-5-15 (1.5 weeks). So no news until I receive a reflash.

Some words of advice for ya'll!

1) If you have anti-virus software, it could interfere with installation. My McAfee wreaked havoc on my installation and cause me hours of delay because I didn't know it was stopping me from installing the software. I was installing Ktuner on my job's laptop so McAfee was particularly aggressive (which is good actually) with interfering. I have not read about anyone else having this issue as they probably have been using their personal laptop (recommended).

2) Make sure you read the .pdf/help files Ktuner provides. They are very helpful. I'll be doing some tinkering between now and the reflash to get accustomed to the layouts and other items the software has to offer. Look at the videos Ktuner provided on their website --> Overview of KTuner Software
I can tell you guys that I know nothing about tuning ecu softwares and such. I can tell you now that I'm a little familiar with setting up 2d/3d graph options of air/fuel ratios, cam angles, ignition tables, etc now. I'm only looking and reading. There's a ton to learn. Following the video's guidance on this helps me get familiar with the software quickly. For me, it'll take time but it's fun. I'm currently looking through my 25 minute or so datalog and trying to make sense of things. I won't be changing zilch.

I can see that you have the option to uncheck the following OBD2 monitors: Fuel System Monitor, Oxygen Sensor Monitor, Catalyst Monitor, Misfire Monitor, Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Monitor and Evaporative Emission Control Monitor. The EGR is first up on my list since I have a check engine code for EGR low flow (Due to the J's Racing Cat Delete pipe eliminating the EGR pipe).

Other options that can be disabled are Primary O2 Sensor, Secondary O2 Sensor, Evap System Pressure, Maf Sensor, etc. There's a laundry list of things. There is also an option to disable the Immobilizer.
It looks like the Drive By Wire can be adjusted as well.

I won't have any days off until late next week. Will update as more info comes.