Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Jackson Racing please....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Sonorliteman, thanks for the informative link!!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
bump for interest.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:10 PM
No problem. I would be interested in how this JR kit and the AJR turbo kit compare as far as price, product quality/installation fitment, and completeness. The AJR kit will include the Greddy eManage system...any word on what JR plans to provide regarding tuning? Now that I know about the smaller compact centrifugal availability, I'm betting that it would be easier to fab up a kit at home....it would probably be comparable to building your own turbo kit. Not that I'd want to do all the work myself, but depending on the $$ saved vs time spent, it may be worth looking into.

By the way...Did everybody see that part on the Rotrex about maintenance? Seems like they say oil change every 50k miles or 2 years, with only their special brand of oil...which appears to be produced in the mid-west. THe oil system for this charger is unique in that it isn't self-contained, but doesn't use engine oil...it requires a cooler, a resovoir, and a filter, all of which are included.

Last edited by sonorliteman; 10-27-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:21 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
They said the 10lb kit will come with Hondata programming. I forgot what they said the 5lb kit is gonna use.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
i am so interested in doing this but i have to say IMO i am gonna wait until someone comes out with new internals like pistons, rings, etc... Since this is my daily driver and i plan on keeping it for a long time it seems too risky to bolt on something that powerful with the stock internals. Even though they wil probably generate 25 - 30 more hp/tq i don't think the engine wil last stock. For now i am going with the I/H/E and maybe the mytheology underdrive pully if it is available for the US models being that it is dampened.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:30 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Im sure Jackson Racing took stock internals into concideration. Theirs is bonestock, and Oscar Jr said hes been driving the car hard for about 5k? Im sure they know what they are doing. Although it wouldnt hurt to do some internal work.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
i am sure they no what they are doing also. maybe skunk2 will come out with some of the parts they used in their 1.5 rebuild. then i am in like flynn.

Old 10-28-2006, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Superchargers are always safer than turbos, less problems with boost spikes or lack of boost and detonation with lack of fuel, Superchargers being belt driven are more reliable in tuning too!

JR SC with 160 to the wheels, it's comparable to the K20A2 engine HP to the wheels. Which is the motor out of the USDM Acura RSX Type-s! So it is a bolt on affair for probably around $2500-3500. Which might cost about that much for the RSX-S swap! ....... If you got a manual Trans, then i would go with the reliability of a Honda motor and do the swap!! Heck do some N/A to the K20A2 or even slap a blower on that! THen we're talkin!

I'm sticking to the K20A Type R from Japan! I'm a fan of all motor and N/A tunning. But this will cost like $5000 just for the motor and probably $6500 for the complete swap total! I keep telling myself it'll be worth it!..... it'll be worth it!..... Come on Hasport!!! http://fitswap.org

Old 10-28-2006, 11:37 PM
For those of us w/ daily drivers, I don't think swaps are a viable option (yet). Not saying that there won't be a small number who would be up for that. Swapping engines, especially a K into a Fit seems like it will require a TON of work and introduces lots of complexities way beyond bolting a simple turbo or s/c kit on. Not that the K doesn't seem to have it's advantages, but dollar for dollar, the S/C will be a cheaper way of getting to that power level. If you want to go beyond this, then a swap may be more cost-effective...but who knows, it still may be cheaper to build up the 1.5L bottom end and change some pulleys!

For those who don't have the time or $ to make that happen, the bolt-on path including s/c or turbo kits just make more sense.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:05 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I was gonna go K.... but I think im going SC now with some upgraded internals and lightened flywheel upgraded clutch. Im sure it will be VERY quick with upgraded flywheel/clutch combo.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Ok Guys, I have been on the road with SEMA, graphics, and paintshops... I have been behind!

Well, let me start with a few questions, and then we can continue from there.

There is a rendering of the kit and the Fit ready for SEMA at http://www.myspace.com/jacksonracingusa

Jackson Racing, with Oscar Sr. at the helm, is all new from the ground up. We are not using an Eaton Roots-style supercharger, we are using the Rotrex supercharger. The Rotrex has turbo compressor efficiency, with throttle response near a Roots. And it doesn't stop pulling! We are so excited about our new product!

We have gotten closer to a final pricing, at around $3500 for the 5lb kit. This kit is CARB legal, and will be available November/December. 10lb kit will be priced after SEMA, and I will keep you guys updated.

We have had over 6500 miles of boost in this car, all stock. Most of the miles have been at 10lbs, and so there is no need for building the internals. We build our kits so its easy for you. A kit that makes you build this and that yourself, is incomplete in my opinion.

All our kits come with fuel management. The 5lb kit will come with Jackson Racing electronics. With the 10lb, you will have a Hondata reflash, revised Jackson Racing electronics, and bigger injectors.

An AT kit will be built. The AT kit will feature an AT inlet tube, and revised tuning.

For the NA guys...

Jackson Racing will have a full NA Program. We also have dyno graphs of our CAI for the Fit, and CARB legal header.

For you raceheads... I will also post pics on Jackson Racing MySpace of the BEAUTIFUL Titanium Race Header! Thats what I said... Titanium!

I am about to run out of laptop battery... so I have to go... hope this chis clears up some stuff.

Somebody please post a scanned copy of the dyno graphs.

Thanks,

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Last edited by Jackson Racing; 10-30-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
Oscar thank you so much for the update! I just have one question...

You said that each kit will come with a fuel management system but do the kits come with a fuel delivery upgrades such as injectors/fuel rails/pumps? Or is this something we should add on our own?

Thank you again for this updated post and I think you guys should sign up to become a Forum vendor. =)

Old 10-29-2006, 01:58 AM
will the kit work on a non-usdm fit? we dont have the drive-by-wire throttle you guys have, just the conventional mechanical cable throttle among other small differences

Old 10-29-2006, 01:23 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
ok i got around to scanning the Dyno charts

Supercharger:

NA:

Old 10-29-2006, 08:44 PM
To clarify, the Stg 1 kit is the 5 lb kit? If so, great gains for little boost.

Wonder what we should get w/ the AT.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by sonorliteman
To clarify, the Stg 1 kit is the 5 lb kit? If so, great gains for little boost.

Wonder what we should get w/ the AT.
Incorrect, It is a typo by our sales staff. That is the 10lb kit. The 5 lb kit is around 135HP, if I remember correctly.

Sleeper,
We have not tested on any Non-USDM Fit/Jazz. The 5 lb setup should work internationally, because the JR electronics would not be effected by the cable throttle. For the 10lb, a different Hondata computer flash might be needed, so that is questionable at this point.

Of course that is just the electronic side of the international differences. There of course might be different "things" in the way of mounting our kit. We will see...

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Last edited by Jackson Racing; 10-30-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dacalac

You said that each kit will come with a fuel management system but do the kits come with a fuel delivery upgrades such as injectors/fuel rails/pumps? Or is this something we should add on our own?

Thank you again for this updated post and I think you guys should sign up to become a Forum vendor. =)
any answer to this question?

Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Jackson Racing
Incorrect, It is a typo by our sales staff. That is the 10lb kit. The 5 lb kit is around 135HP, if I remember correctly.

Sleeper,
We have not tested on any Non-USDM Fit/Jazz. The 5 lb setup should work internationally, because the JR electronics would not be effected by the cable throttle. For the 10lb, a different Hondata computer flash might be needed, so that is questionable at this point.

Of course that is just the electronic side of the international differences. There of course might be different "things" in the way of mounting our kit. We will see...

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Oh ok i'll be optimistic im from the Philippines btw, so we are Left hand drive just like you guys

here's a pic of how our engine bay looks like.

I hope it would help address fitment issues as me and a few others are really interested in obtaining your new kit

If you require more pictures of the engine bay or certain sections of it i can email them to you as much as you want. In the hopes that you will be able to give the green light on your kit being suitable for international customers like us

P.S. My fit is an automatic hope you got an appropriate kit

Last edited by Sleeper; 10-30-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by dacalac

Dacalac,

Sorry about that. Like I said in the previous post, our kits come ready to go, with no need for you to personally upgrade anything.

With that said, our 10lb kit does come with bigger injectors. I forgot to inlcude that in my kit description above. I will go add it now.

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
wow, I cant wait to see some pics.. are these tests run on the stock exhaust also?

Quick Reply: Jackson Racing please....