Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

FIT IPOD questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:12 PM
alz
I'm feeling a bit dumb here ... I have a 2009 Sport Nav with the USB link. I've take a simple Belkin USB-to-Ipod cord to connect my Ipod to the USB link. The dash system fails to recognize the Ipod.

Is there suppose to be some screen change to note the connection? Is there suppose to be an Ipod tab (next to CD/ AUX / Card) that appears?

I've tried plugging in the Ipod before the car is started and also after the car is started.

Plug-n-Pray tech

Old 11-02-2009, 11:39 AM
New adapter that works

Guys after searching the net and looking at all the options out there for an iPhone in my new fit sport I found an adapter that looked promising the HONPDSDR and orderd it from Uniqtechnology.com. I just thought I would bring it up as I installed it last week and it is all they said it was its intuative and easy to use and i do not get that warning measege when I plug in my iPhone. Just thought i would give another option as all i have read about is the USA spec and after putting it in my wife's Accord we were not happy with it.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM
try update the software on the i-pod, hope it works

Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by rabbitron

lastly, i can't expect everyone to be patient and feel around the back of the radio for the port. i took off the glove compartment because it was easy enough (two screws). i was prepared to do more work, but once i got to that point i reached up behind the radio and could feel the port with my fingers (i never got my whole hand in there). i fed the usa spec port behind the radio just enough to be able to guide it to the port and push it in with my finger tips. i read how some people broke tabs removing the radio and such and i was to trying to avoid that. it took a few tries but i got it in. whole thing took about 20 minutes.

good luck!
Following on from this post , I purchase this HONDA FIT 2008/08 iPOD/iPHONE/AUX/ZUNE/iTOUCH INPUT:eBay Motors (item 380170665407 end time Nov-21-09 11:00:08 PST)

For DD's 2008 base Fit.
and managed (eventually) to install it as per rabbitron's instructions.

I didn't remove the glove box entirely, just dropped it. The other two things I did that made it just a bit easier is 1) flattened out the passenger seat as much as possible and then lay down on it on my side with my head up against the dash and my legs towards the back and 2) when I pushed the connector over the radio, made sure the connector was back the way it has to be oriented to fit in the socket (so in a kind of U shape with the cable at the top). Doing it like that meant that the connector was at the right angle so it just slid right into the socket. I couldn't get it in at all until I did 2) and then it went in the 2nd time I tried. Talk about surprised.

I tried really, really hard to remove the entire head unit and it just would not budge. I was resigned to paying someone to do it but just decide to give the "non-invasive" way another try and was successful.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by doublefit
I tried really, really hard to remove the entire head unit and it just would not budge. I was resigned to paying someone to do it but just decide to give the "non-invasive" way another try and was successful.
I remember having the same problem with my Jazz until I discovered that the head unit can be easily levered out from inside the glovebox using a screwdriver inserted in the right place once the two securing screws underneath are removed.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I did wonder about that - while I had my head and arm inside the glove box I could feel some of the seven clips that hold it on. Can you describe where you put the screwdriver to lever it out? It might be helpful for others (and maybe DD if she ever decides to replace the HU).

Old 11-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by doublefit
I did wonder about that - while I had my head and arm inside the glove box I could feel some of the seven clips that hold it on. Can you describe where you put the screwdriver to lever it out? It might be helpful for others (and maybe DD if she ever decides to replace the HU).
I have a Civic now so I can't nip out and have a look! From memory there were two fairly substantial metal rails at the side of the glovebox which formed a sort of 'V' shape. A long screwdriver inserted into the V then its handle pushed towards the front of the car just levered out the left hand side of the head unit without any risk of damage to the dash. The right hand side of the head unit is then just pulled out at its base to release all the clips. Hope this helps anyone else trying to release it!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Try the DICE Electronics kit. It works much better then the usa spec kit. The Fit isn't in the compatibility list but I know it works.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by mrinstall
Try the DICE Electronics kit. It works much better then the usa spec kit. The Fit isn't in the compatibility list but I know it works.
Specifically, what does the Dice do better than the USA Spec? Both seem to be pretty much the same thing (5 playlists, plug and play, charge the iPod, line-in). I've also read that lag problems plague them both, and that the Dice unit is prone to freezing up.
A specific side by side comparison would be appreciated.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
I just had the iCarkit installed in my 2008 Fit Sport. It works but not as stated in the online description. I would spend the extra money to get a Parrot or other head unit that can do more.

I just flushed a lot of money down the drain.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Stuck on Random

Hi everyone,

This is my first post... We've had our Fit one day and love it deeply. Love the iPod integration, with one problem.

Everything is playing randomly. I pick an artist, then an album, then click on the first song. Once it finishes the next song is anybody's guess. I'm an album guy, who likes to listen to the whole thing in the right order.

I've read the manual, and held down the RDM button to make sure it's turned off. No dice.

If it helps, I'm using an iPod touch 3G.

I'm sure I'm probably just missing some dumb little thing.

Thanks!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey guys!
I agree that the user interface sucks with the ipod being attached to the USB. But since I love my ipod being charged while I listen, I just pick what I want to listen to before I hook it up and I don't have to worry.

I am very impressed with how great the sound is. I just got my FIT yesterday.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I recently picked up an '09 Sport, no nav. I plug my Ipod in with the USB in the AUX plug in the glovebox. Some tracks sound muddled, as if they're recorder too loud & sound distotred. On a bose dock & headphones, tracks sound fine though.. I adjusted the 'level' setting to low, but sounds the same.. Any thoughts?