Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Yellow fog light vinyl film Installation, questions, answers

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
^ I cleaned them really well then just did a soap/water mix to position them in place.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Retired Moderator
My last stupid question, when i apply the film does it go on the inside or outside of the fog light?

Tyler

Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Film goes on the outside of the foglight.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:02 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Why do you want to put film over your foglights? Just change out the bulbs.

Optilux Extreme Yellow Xenon bulb

They're much brighter than stock and they'll look really really yellow when they're on. Just think -- more light AND yellow color!

I have them in my car and I am very happy with them, even when it isn't actually foggy.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:02 AM
Rad
Originally Posted by Tiffany
How long have you had the stain glass paint on. I have used that before for house windows. Requires a primer too. any cracking. I think that would happen with all the heat.
ive had it on for a few months at least now
no cracking
still looks great!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Reading this post makes me want to return the X-pel film. I ordered the Nokya's and the film at the same time. I wanted the yellow output at night but the yellow "look" during the day, plus the added protection. But it looks like you can't have both.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Yea I like my Nokya yellow with independent fogs

I guess film + Nokyas doesn't produce as much yellow as Nokyas alone?

Old 09-28-2008, 10:45 PM
I think the film may lessen the output but I'm more concerned about the film burning since the output of the Nokya's will hotter than stock. So unless you have HID foglights, having the film on is not possibe.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shortwave
I think the film may lessen the output but I'm more concerned about the film burning since the output of the Nokya's will hotter than stock. So unless you have HID foglights, having the film on is not possibe.
actually it depends on which film you have and how u do the film install. If u followed my instructiosn correctly, u shouldn't have burning even with a hotter burning bulb. I installed some yellow lamin-x on his foglights and he has nokya yellow's also and he's been running them for 8 months, no burning. However i did have 2 replace the lamin-x yellow film prior to putting xpel, only after 2 months of usage.

Xpel > Lamin-x

Plus, the whole reason why we do the film install is to protect the foglights cuz that's the main concern while using the oem bulbs. Color comes next on which shade u want. Plus the xpel plus nokya's are no different then the oem bulbs and the film.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
actually it depends on which film you have and how u do the film install. If u followed my instructions correctly, u shouldn't have burning even with a hotter burning bulb. I installed some yellow lamin-x on his foglights and he has nokya yellow's also and he's been running them for 8 months, no burning. However i did have 2 replace the lamin-x yellow film prior to putting xpel, only after 2 months of usage.

Xpel > Lamin-x

Plus, the whole reason why we do the film install is to protect the foglights cuz that's the main concern while using the oem bulbs. Color comes next on which shade u want. Plus the xpel plus nokya's are no different then the oem bulbs and the film.
Thanks for the advice. I bought the Xpel film and the Nokya's are on their way. I am going to install them the way posted. I'm also going to install my taillights per your other post. Great write-ups!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
anybody ever ordered or heard anything about headlight armor? im looking at their fog light flim kit and the film quality sounds decent but havent heard anything about it.

i dont mind the extra cost too if its computer cut and i dont have to do it.

http://www.headlightarmor.com/07-08-...ction-kit.aspx

let me know anything

Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey, for those guys that did that stained glass. Did you guys spray the inside? or outside? and do you think it would make a difference? Cause i want to do the stained glass look with a clear film to protect it from rocks. Any advice? Thanks.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:51 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit4afit
Hey, for those guys that did that stained glass. Did you guys spray the inside? or outside? and do you think it would make a difference? Cause i want to do the stained glass look with a clear film to protect it from rocks. Any advice? Thanks.
Most people spray the outside... I think with spraying the outside and the clear film you should be good. Usually the paint chips overtime with rocks as you drive... but the film will prevent that.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Most people spray the outside... I think with spraying the outside and the clear film you should be good. Usually the paint chips overtime with rocks as you drive... but the film will prevent that.
Alright, ill give it try as soon as i can thanks for the info

Old 10-14-2008, 08:31 PM
hey i just had one question. i have the xpel film on my fog lights already and i love how they look during the day, but im not getting that golden yellow color at night so much. if i add any type of yellow light bulbs will that increase the foglights yellowness at night? i think i read somewhere that someone said that it de-ehanced it for someone but not sure. thanks

Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 PM
I installed the xpel film and the nokya hyper yellow bulbs this past Friday and I LOVE the way my fogs look. Very yellow at night and the film adds a nice visual contrast. Get the Nokya's and it will cut though!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 PM
ohh alright sweet, i think i will. where did u buy the nokyas from? and what do u mean cut through? thanks for the help!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by SoCal is Here
ohh alright sweet, i think i will. where did u buy the nokyas from? and what do u mean cut through? thanks for the help!
I got the bulbs here...
Nokya Hyper Yellow H11 [NOK-7618] - $22.99 : Car Lighting Xenon Halogen headlight upgrade bulbs HID

When I mean "cut through" I mean that the lights will "cut" through the darkness. It will be a bright yellow and noticeable!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 AM
ohhh thanks so much, appreciate it. ill get on that and order me some!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Socal is Here are wanting the IS look? if so xpel and Nokya will not get you the golden look.....

You want something like this?
Name:  IMG_8226.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  86.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8224.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  126.8 KB

Quick Reply: Yellow fog light vinyl film Installation, questions, answers