Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

LED Replacement Headlamp Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Got it, so bait and switch for more money it sounds. Oh well

Old 08-19-2019, 11:38 AM
so basically, unless the car comes with LED from the factory, its not really worth to replace halogens with LED ..

=S

Old 08-19-2019, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ercdvs
chiming in again since I have become dissapointed with my replacement LED bulbs ( These ) DRL are fine, no flicker, but i feel the projected brightness isnt out as far as I want, and the close in fill isnt as good as I want them to be. I have really noticed it a lot more driving in places where there are no streetlights and hardly any other cars next to me that seem to enhance my cars lighting.

I probably can adjust them, but I am scared to raise the cutoff any higher for fear of blinding oncoming traffic. I light even just pick up bright halogens to compare to make sure im not being dense ..
I have these same bulbs and like their performance. It's way better than the stock ones. I drive a few miles with no street lights in a rural area and I don't even need to use the high beam anymore as these illuminate so much better. Today I drove my wife's Odyssey and I can remember why I swapped to the LED bulbs and I will be buying her some LED bulbs since the winter is coming.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone who has installed any of the superbrightleds LED lamps that have an 9 volt to 32 volt spec, can you tell me how bright the highbeam filaments were when in DRL mode? Were they the same brightness as when configured as normal highbeams, or did the PWM system manage to make them a little dimmer?

Old 10-02-2019, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
How did you get the steering wheel on the right side? Is there a kit for that?

I am actually here investigating OEM replacements after coming too close—much too close—to a deer while driving on a rural US Interstate with low-beams into oncoming traffic. The Fit does poorly on the IIHS Headlight test (along with most current models, it turns out).

Reading through here, it seems there is no obvious solution that is legal, long-life, reasonable cost, a warm/near stock color, does not throw error codes, but also provides more light in the distance than OEM.

Old 12-25-2020, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
My solution, at least for now, was to install a pair of driving lights that use halogen H3's. The additional light helps when I need it on really dark roads. I have them aimed like high beams so I shut them off when there's oncoming traffic. I also leave the stock fogs on all the time, so can see the edges of the road but also so I can be seen (same reason I have a rear fog.

Old 12-30-2020, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dll932
My solution, at least for now, was to install a pair of driving lights that use halogen H3's. The additional light helps when I need it on really dark roads. I have them aimed like high beams so I shut them off when there's oncoming traffic. I also leave the stock fogs on all the time, so can see the edges of the road but also so I can be seen (same reason I have a rear fog.
The obvious solution is to require deer to wear reflective clothing when galavanting along the road at night.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator
The obvious solution is to require deer to wear reflective clothing when galavanting along the road at night.
That would help.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:44 PM
2007 fit with new led headlights

installed by my service station. Now the daytime running lights do not work. Is there a fix, or do I drive with headlights on?

Old 03-23-2021, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
You can get pulled over and get a warning or even a ticket for that. Used to happen to me with a previous car but since it was so old it didn't have daytime lights they'd wave me off once they realized that. Still a nuisance getting pulled over though.

Yeah you can probably drive with your low beams but you'll probably forget to turn them off when you get out of the car. In fact you'll probably start to forget to turn them on when you get into the car. .......

As far as getting daytime running lights working with LEDs no idea. You should have done that research before putting in the LEDs.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by woof
You can get pulled over and get a warning or even a ticket for that. Used to happen to me with a previous car but since it was so old it didn't have daytime lights they'd wave me off once they realized that. Still a nuisance getting pulled over though.

Yeah you can probably drive with your low beams but you'll probably forget to turn them off when you get out of the car. In fact you'll probably start to forget to turn them on when you get into the car. .......

As far as getting daytime running lights working with LEDs no idea. You should have done that research before putting in the LEDs.
thanks...i went by the advice of my service mechanic. They got a kit and installed it. I wondered about a workaround.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Ask your mechanic if the kit they installed has a feature to allow daytime running lights because its kind of useless if it doesn't.

Old 04-24-2023, 01:06 PM
Per your post. (From @Uncle Gary)

I ordered the 'superbrightled's' and they are as you say. Simple install, dust shields fit and DRL's still work. VERY HAPPY with these. Thanks for the post!

Last edited by Soconfused; 04-24-2023 at 01:08 PM.