Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Lets get some custom carbon started

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
Forgot the most important one!!!

CARBON AIR SCOOP TO REPLACE THE SMALL BLACK PLASTIC PANEL ON THE DRIVERS SIDE ABOVE THE BRAKE FLUID RESEVOIRS (ABOVE THE HOOD).

also like Chris's idea for "The ring around the shifter would be cool in CF"

beat you to it already. I talked to him about this, and its in the works to be made

Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rogue Fit
dash and door trim (much of this may need overlay)
This should be an overlay, I've looked at the design of the parts, and the best method would be in overlays.

I've been dying hardcore for some red/black carbon fiber on these parts...

Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by George02
beat you to it already. I talked to him about this, and its in the works to be made
Well put me on the list to buy one as soon as its ready!!!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by George02
Ohhh. Im interested in that as well seeing the guy who tried to sell them a while back never got back to any of us. Is there gonna be any mesh inside or is it just gonna be the scoop itself?

Old 04-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
This should be an overlay, I've looked at the design of the parts, and the best method would be in overlays.

I've been dying hardcore for some red/black carbon fiber on these parts...
I look forward to some carbon fevlar, so red/black will be available.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Ohhh. Im interested in that as well seeing the guy who tried to sell them a while back never got back to any of us. Is there gonna be any mesh inside or is it just gonna be the scoop itself?
I like the idea of mesh so will be approaching it that way.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Sounds good Rogue Fit. Any idea what parts your gonna start first, price, and when to expect them made? Sorry but im all excited about these parts. haha

Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds good Rogue Fit. Any idea what parts your gonna start first, price, and when to expect them made? Sorry but im all excited about these parts. haha
I plan to get started on some of these within the week. If there is interest I can start an overlay GB next week. If we have 5 to 10 parts for overlay you figure most small parts can be done for $20.00 to $50.00 plus shipping.

Thanks again,

Jim

Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Gotcha. I had to read back into the thread cause for a second there i thought you were Jim, George02. haha. I must have missed that or just plain forgot. My bad. Thanks though

Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Gotcha. I had to read back into the thread cause for a second there i thought you were Jim, George02. haha. I must have missed that or just plain forgot. My bad. Thanks though

haha no problem brother

Old 04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Well I've got a few things in the works and will try to keep everyone informed of the progress.

As far as getting things started with a couple parts for overlay, are the plastic inserts on the steering wheel difficult to remove? Or maybe the small panels on the doors? Any other suggestions for a couple parts that owners could easily remove and live without for a few days?

Old 04-03-2008, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
really like the idea of cf fog covers, cf air scoop just above brake res.,
cf mirror covers...rear and side mirrors, cf ring around shifter and mabye cf door panel covers around the switches in doors. and like to see cf overlays over the silver pieces on both sides of the steering wheel air bag

also maybe considered is the "hump" over the gauges in front of driver to make a cf overlay to cover on top of just that hump..

Last edited by 07fitsport; 04-03-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: xx
Old 04-04-2008, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
I have all the plastic pieces for the doors, and I can get the ones for the steering wheel.

If you want the steering wheel piece, let me know, I can go to honda and pick them up sometime friday (tomorrow) or monday.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rogue Fit
Well I've got a few things in the works and will try to keep everyone informed of the progress.

As far as getting things started with a couple parts for overlay, are the plastic inserts on the steering wheel difficult to remove? Or maybe the small panels on the doors? Any other suggestions for a couple parts that owners could easily remove and live without for a few days?

not really?? I have a stock fit steering wheel that I dont use, if you need me to send those pieces out to you?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:26 AM
I will be meeting up with Jim on Saturday to give him my center console and manifold cover. I am debating between a CF center console or painted fiberglass.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome, I wont have to get another center console, since the one I have... seems to have been run over.. *COUGH*

I have all the door panels, and will be picking up the sports model padel shifters and steering wheel inserts which have the cruise control buttons, and speed control.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Got the steering wheel parts thursday, got the armrests and all the panels for the power windows all in a bag bubble wrapped, waiting for the gas cover, so I can just finish the package.

Will see about doing a road trip up there, would like to see you in person if possible, and see where my car may be staying if I leave it with ya.

-Anthony

Old 04-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Sounds good Anthony, I look forward to seeing the parts.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
How much money do I or should I throw your way to get the cannards started? lol if you can't tell I'd really like a set.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry to say I'm a little bit away from getting to the canards, but plan to do so. Do you have pictures of the type you like, not necessarily on a Fit? I've seen a number of different ones, like J's racing which are fairly small, their double canard, to quite large winglets. If I can get some ideas in mind, I can get a better feel for what it will take to produce them.

Originally Posted by SpokanejdmGD3
How much money do I or should I throw your way to get the cannards started? lol if you can't tell I'd really like a set.

Quick Reply: Lets get some custom carbon started