Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Lets get some custom carbon started

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Lets get some custom carbon started

So where should we begin? I’ve read a number of great ideas for carbon parts and now would like to narrow it down to just a couple to get things started, but with that in mind I do plan on doing a roof cap and some other larger items.

Keep in mind that this is not yet an offer to sell, once we determine a part of two to offer a thread will be started under Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales.

One product I would like to get some input on first would be a lower hatch cover. What I was thinking was to get rid of (cover over) the license plate indent to create a smooth hatch, and then fill the lower section to match the shape of the rear bumper. I don’t know if anyone has done this but I think a part in carbon or even glass that could be painted would finish off the rear nicely, and of course the plate would have to be re-mounted, probably in the bumper. Please let me know your thoughts.

A couple parts that may be a good place to starts could include carbon fog light housing, grill top insert, mirror covers, or door handle covers. Please let me know if there is much interest in any of these parts or if there is something else like interior trim that would be preferred. Keep in mind too that the part doesn’t have to be a replica of the original part or of someone else part, if we have some good ideas we can develop something unique.

Something further to consider is the material of the parts. It would usually be best to keep group buys to one specific material such as plain weave carbon, 2x2 twill, carbon Kevlar or aluminumized fiber glass (often called silver carbon). These various materials can be offered for most all parts but I will usually try to see what type of material would be preferred first.

Thanks for all the support, I look forward to the input.

Jim

Old 03-28-2008, 01:47 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i want a roof for sure if you make them. consider one already sold.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Im game for the Mugen SS style grill in CF, mirror caps or covers in CF, pretty much any interior piece and the rear wiper garnish w/rear wiper in CF. Those are my ideas atleast.

"Edit" Nice call Kelosdeez im in on a cf roof as well.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
cf hood w/ yellow and black weave!

Old 03-28-2008, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
j's racing grill in carbon would be bad ass

Old 03-28-2008, 05:36 AM
hmmmm

My priority is a dashboard but i might be interested in a roof cover i cant really picture it in my head but im sure it'll look neat

Old 03-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I'm in for the Mugen RR Grill, CF Foglights and CF Mirrors

Old 03-28-2008, 09:45 AM
CF fog light housing!!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm down for doors! If there's a set, I call shotgun

Old 03-28-2008, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
CFs I want the most:

Roof
OEM Sport Grill (Like the Mugen RR)

CFs I would like to have down the road:

Fog Housing
Side Mirror

Old 03-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Im glad my Idea for the RoofCap will be Considered! Tailgate garnish in CG may or maynot look cool but its a idea. The ring around the shifter would be cool in CF. Rearview mirror cover, like the mugen or zoom one. Im only ionterested in the roof cap, but hopefully some people will like these ideas as well.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I have a question about the Mugen grill, I have found a couple pictures and it looks like it is an insert that goes in the grill opening, leaving the actual opening a little smaller and creating a lip around the opening, and does not have the provision for the "H" logo, is this correct? On the previous thread there was a photo of a nice piece that only covered the top bar of the grill opening and the center extended down to hold the logo. Which style of grill is the preferred?
There is a Mugen grill on ebay like the first I described and wow, big dollars. I would estimate I could provide this style of grill in carbon for under $100 and the one that is just the top bar for $60 to $70 if we have 5 orders, does that sound reasonable?
Also does anyone have a photo or link of an interior piece, like the sifter ring, that could be offered as well?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
NOOOOO, don't make another mugen fit grill copy.

what we want is the OEM Sport grill in carbon, to look like the Mugen RR. Which is just the top bar.

Google Mugen RR and you will see what I'm talking about.

You should really try to do something different and original, give us something exciting instead of just another copy.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
If you need a Fit to test some parts on, I can drive up to Casa Grande - only 45 mins. CF center console would be insane.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
id be in for a cf center console aswell.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by diedwater
NOOOOO, don't make another mugen fit grill copy.

what we want is the OEM Sport grill in carbon, to look like the Mugen RR. Which is just the top bar.

Google Mugen RR and you will see what I'm talking about.

You should really try to do something different and original, give us something exciting instead of just another copy.

Thanks, I actually prefer the style of this one, and I agree 100% and don't intend to make direct copies, rather just need to see what other like as something to build from.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Skibum
If you need a Fit to test some parts on, I can drive up to Casa Grande - only 45 mins. CF center console would be insane.
Thanks Skibum I will likely be taking you up on that, and my son live on the north side of Tucson so I make it over there occasionally too.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rogue Fit
Thanks Skibum I will likely be taking you up on that, and my son live on the north side of Tucson so I make it over there occasionally too.

same here. I live in glendale, so if you need any loner parts let me kno. I currently have my rear wiper garnish off my car cuz im sporting a seibon cf wiper delete, so if you need that part?? I want something that you can make and that will really fit and not break, unlike these guys asking for a bunch of crazy things. sorry but fog light covers will be shattered QUICK, we get enough rock chips on our plastic ones as it is. Im for the cf mirror caps, and shift boot ring

*edit*
I noticed jdmchris saying about the rear view mirror cover. I have a mugen cover that you could mold a cf piece out of

Last edited by George02; 03-28-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Can you create some sort of ball massager and then make it out of CF?

Old 03-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by osborne
Can you create some sort of ball massager and then make it out of CF?
I guess you'll have to see if this is something the Fit community really needs.

Quick Reply: Lets get some custom carbon started