Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Lets get some custom carbon started

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
this question is more for rogue fit but is the cf of the hood a different type than the test prototype of the cowl piece that is on fit of rage FIT...

Old 05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Originally Posted by 07fitsport
this question is more for rogue fit but is the cf of the hood a different type than the test prototype of the cowl piece that is on fit of rage FIT...
It is a different weave. I didn't know 'fit of rage' had a carbon hood, but after seeing the pics he has plain weave or 1x1 carbon. I don't know why but it seems that within the industry many of the engine parts are made with the 2x2 twill (like the sample cowl cover, and fit of rage engine cover) but most of the hoods and hatches available are only in plain weave. Since this is the case I will be offering the parts in a variety of materials including 1x1 and 2x2 twill, however the carbon kevlar parts (like the red and black cover) will only be available in the 2x2 twill, as will the silver cloth.
I have made a few tweeks to the cowl cover mold and have included the two tabs on the back of the part the will help secure it in place along with a couple strips of double stick tape. I should start selling these parts next week and will post in the merchant section when they are available along with the price and what materials they are being offered in. I am looking at offering 10 parts for the GB price of $40.00 including USPS shipping within the US (a little more postage for outside US). I hope that sound reasonable to everyone.

Thanks,

Jim

Old 05-08-2008, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
what's happening with the scoop?

Old 05-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by dbcmaster
what's happening with the scoop?
The scoop is getting test fitted this weekend and if everything is good it too will be offered next week as a group buy.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
here are some pics of the scoop, doesnt fit well but looks really good. Cant wait to get the final product in had
Name:  dashoot067.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  133.4 KB
Name:  dashoot068.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  90.0 KB
Name:  dashoot069-1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  91.7 KB

Old 05-08-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
That scoop looks like teh seks. I can't wait for GB!!!

Scoop GB pre-list:
1. kmdebit

Old 05-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
yeah! scoop looks awesome!! Will that be offered in CF?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit of RAGE
yeah! scoop looks awesome!! Will that be offered in CF?
yes. this is just one of the test pieces, no point in making this test piece in carbon

Old 05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
did the scoop make any difference in under hood temps?

also when is the group buy for the scoop and cowl starting
how will item ship via fed ex..ups, dhl??

Old 05-13-2008, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rogue Fit
It is a different weave. I didn't know 'fit of rage' had a carbon hood, but after seeing the pics he has plain weave or 1x1 carbon. I don't know why but it seems that within the industry many of the engine parts are made with the 2x2 twill (like the sample cowl cover, and fit of rage engine cover) but most of the hoods and hatches available are only in plain weave. Since this is the case I will be offering the parts in a variety of materials including 1x1 and 2x2 twill, however the carbon kevlar parts (like the red and black cover) will only be available in the 2x2 twill, as will the silver cloth.
I have made a few tweeks to the cowl cover mold and have included the two tabs on the back of the part the will help secure it in place along with a couple strips of double stick tape. I should start selling these parts next week and will post in the merchant section when they are available along with the price and what materials they are being offered in. I am looking at offering 10 parts for the GB price of $40.00 including USPS shipping within the US (a little more postage for outside US). I hope that sound reasonable to everyone.

Thanks,

Jim
Shipping info posted earlier on the same page!

Anyways I am in! Sign me up for a carbon scoop... I am also curious as to how this will help in temps? any help at all or just a looks product? either way CF looks great.... PS is this easy for someone to rip off?

Old 05-13-2008, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Hey George02- could we maybe get a few snaps away from the car with some normal front views, side view, and an angle?

Sweet job man, any word on the trim for the dash and what it will look like?

Old 05-13-2008, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
any chance of making the carbon plate for those driving on the proper side of the road???

Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
did the scoop make any difference in under hood temps?

also when is the group buy for the scoop and cowl starting
how will item ship via fed ex..ups, dhl??

as for temps, It actually did lower the temp. Im usually at 183 degrees when on the highway, and now im down to 178. reg driving im at 180 degrees, which is an improvement. This scoop is very effective, it will be a great buy and a very well crafted one at that.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
ok...what is the status of the scoop and the cowl cover....
i am sure several of us are ready to buy this...

Old 05-16-2008, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
ok...what is the status of the scoop and the cowl cover....
i am sure several of us are ready to buy this...
havent heard from Jim, hopefully he'll chime in on this

Old 05-16-2008, 11:47 PM
I was very curious of the air temps aswell. Thanks George02 for the temps. Maybe the gains will help out us that have done header swaps seeing the engine bay temp seems to be higher. Form and function. I love it. Cant wait for them to be released.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Is there any word on if there is going to be an OEM stock or sport grill coming out? If so will you have the spot for the " H "?

Old 05-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
Just an idea I had was carbon inserts for your head lights kind of how a lot of people are painting them black but have a smooth carbon overlay.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Sorry I have been off the radar this last week, I got sick and have been trying to get caught up on work.
The last fit of the scoop (thanks George02) helped establish a couple things, but the part still hits the hood on opening. The easy way to remedy this would be to have everyone notch their hood, but then I thought I would probably have to supply a grinder with each scoop, so I opted to rework the part. I am trying to keep the scoop as large as possible so as to provide some function, and I think I am on track to a good solution. I should have the reworked part ready this week.
The cover is pretty much done and ready, I have a part out for one more test fit, but I think they are ready. I have a pic of one done in aluminumized fiberglass that I will post soon, but I am having problems with the host for my site, and since this is where I have the pics, they are not working right now.
Again thanks for your patience, and thanks for the continued suggestions.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
It would be awesome if someone could make a gauge pod for underneath the HVAC

Quick Reply: Lets get some custom carbon started