Ram Air Duct for GK5 - Page 6 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
update:

added a k&n drop in filter
also, blocked off the intake resonator for smoother air flow

I guess it feels more peppy .... no dyno to prove anything though. I can say, it didnt make the car any worse
exactly what i did but used electric tape so it blended in the color.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:22 AM

For anyone curious -- I checked into this and Touge definitely wasn't ripping anyone off. Like others have mentioned, the price point would be much nicer at $50-75. In Taiwan they sell for 2,350 NTD which is $77 USD. But shipping is another $70 if not more. I just checked USPS site for quick numbers and don't know the exact dimensions. So you're already at $150 minimum, so Touge was doing everyone a solid. Only way to get the cost down would be for someone to buy a quantity and boat ship them (1-2 months shipping).

For reference if anyone wants to try to purchase one:

https://shopee.tw/%EF%BC%8ASumole%EF...5590.827907581
Old 06-28-2018, 05:22 PM

any thoughts on, what is a good minimum qty to buy, to get that cost down?
Old 06-29-2018, 09:38 AM

We need to figure out the volume. Can anyone give me an estimate on the size of the box it came in? Then I can see how much we could save by container shipping. Buying in bulk would just allow us to get the pricing down from the supplier.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:37 PM

If this buy is still going on, you can put me down as interested