Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Ram Air Duct for GK5

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
And after all this time, I finally got another round of prototyping in! I 3D printed the part using FDM Technology (Stratasys printer) with TPU material.
More info to share soon. This juat arrived and excited to test it out!

Not aethetically pleasing but I think this can suffice! I will be showing this off at this year's TFC meeting in Fresno/Sanger, CA. And will take interests on a group buy!

Again, stay tuned for more info after I test fit!

Old 05-16-2019, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Who cares how it looks so long as it works.

Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Here is the part installed.
Fit better than expected!
Clips snap snug thru the tabs.
Looking to get a group buy going. Any interests? I'll post pricing in a bit when I revise the thread's intro page.

If you're interested in the material specs, here it is:
https://www.stratasys.com/materials/search/fdm-tpu-92a

Cheers!

Old 05-17-2019, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Looking to get a group buy going. Any interests? I'll post pricing in a bit when I revise the thread's intro page.

Cheers!

That looks really cool! From far away it almost looks like a wood texture. I checked my filter a month ago and it is still quite clean after months of having the original version on. Very happy with it!

Old 05-17-2019, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member

Cheers!
Yep, if the price is right I'd buy.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by bdcheung
Yep, if the price is right I'd buy.
+1 to that! More cool air never hurts!

Old 05-28-2019, 09:43 PM
I love the work you're doing with this. Seems very underrated as a nice sleeper mod. Would the price be the same for the new 3D printed ones?

Old 05-28-2019, 10:42 PM
It all boils down to the price.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Guys! I finally updated the Intro page to this thread with updated info and pricing. Looking to do a run of 10 pieces but will need a commitment list going.
I will add you to the list after receiving you direct message to me.

Thanks!
TMGK5

Old 05-29-2019, 05:43 AM
Man thats still alot of money for a small piece of plastic. I appreciate the effort however I cannot justify that cost.

Good luck

Old 05-29-2019, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Malibuguy79
Man thats still alot of money for a small piece of plastic. I appreciate the effort however I cannot justify that cost.

Good luck
Not alot of people can. There are other cost effective alternatives I suppose. Goodluck with your build as well fam.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by orataro
A easy mod, Plug and play.

Hello guys
anyone know where can i get one of those air ducts
looks amazing

Old 06-19-2019, 04:54 PM
Hello FF! First, thanks for being patient with me on finally bringing the community some updates. 8 months ago, my loving wife and had our 2nd born and life got busy quick. After almost a year after sharing this part with you all, I finally got my 3D scan of the original Sumole airscoop 3D printed. It took me 2 rounds of prototyping to finally get the desired outcome, well lets just say its the closest so far. So without further adieu, here are the details of the part I can have available for you:

TM Ram Air Scoop

Direct bolt on ram air scoop for the 2015-2017 Honda Fit. (Can fit on 2018+ model years but requires some modification to the front grill cover)
The part was printed using a Stratasys Fortus 900 FDM Printer with the material TPU 92A (a thermoplastic polyurethane with a Shore A value of 92).
(Link to TPU 92A Material Datasheet: https://www.stratasys.com/materials/search/fdm-tpu-92a)
With the combination of a drop-in high performance air filter and applying the resonator delete modification, you turn your OEM air box into an exceptional ram air intake system.
There has yet to be any data proving any power gains, but majority of those who have purchased this part from me as well as those who use it in Asia have reported improved throttle response, colder air intake temperatures and a sportier throttle note.
Other notes: There have been some questions regarding the vulnerability of the part concerning water entering the ram air scoop. The part was designed to have water that enters the scoop to flow out threw the bottom and drain into the engine bay on top of the radiator. So far no one has complained about the application since it was made available last year.

All that is required to install this on your 2015-2017 Honda fit is to remove the existing top air induct assembly (Part No. 17252-5R0-000), remove the driver side rubber hood seal (Part No. 91520-SCC-003) and install the TM Ram Air Scoop using the existing plastic push clip. No additional hardware needed.
** 2RISMO2's install of the ram air scoop for your reference: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1380369) Thanks again 2RISMO2!!!

Made to order, 2-3 day leadtime. PM me.

I will be selling this at $160 each shipped via USPS priority to 48 lower states.
The reason for the price is the time it takes to print and post process this part, and I am not selling this to make a fortune, rather would like to share my creation with the community and open your interest to the wonderful world of 3D Printed parts!
Printing time takes 9 hours, and post processing is half a day. But you get an awesome, unique, organic looking part in the engine bay of your GK5, that looks factory.
MADE IN USA.

**Disclaimer: Myself nor is FitFreak.net responsible for any damages on your vehicle when using this part.**

***2018+ GK will require minor modification (cut piece of top grill cover) in order for the scoop to sit properly:

Cheers!

original thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...air-scoop.html
hello there i want to order one of this amazing duct
where and how can i get one

Old 07-01-2019, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Bump bump bump it up!

Old 07-07-2019, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
I thought this piece would be selling like hot cakes. If I come back to the Fit and the grille is still designed similar, I'll be picking one up.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I thought this piece would be selling like hot cakes. If I come back to the Fit and the grille is still designed similar, I'll be picking one up.
I got a couple of the 3D printed versions sold, but looks like others are opting for the other aftermarket options, but thats OK. thanks for the support buddy!

Cheers

Old 07-08-2019, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
I got a couple of the 3D printed versions sold, but looks like others are opting for the other aftermarket options, but thats OK. thanks for the support buddy!

Cheers
I'm so glad I got in on the original group buy. The scoop is works really well.

Were you able to smooth out the 3D printed version?

Old 07-09-2019, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I'm so glad I got in on the original group buy. The scoop is works really well.

Were you able to smooth out the 3D printed version?
Thanks for sharing your experience again 2Rismo2. Currently the 3D printed version is not since the print orientation is already optimized as configured, any other orientation will cause the snap on features not to print right. I might be able to fiddle around with it more, but i doubt I could get smooth surface on tue part. I wanted to go Injection Molding, but didnt have funds to invest in the tooling. I am simply selling the part not only to share with the GK community, but at the very least get my money back for the investment in R&D. It costed an arm to get an reverse engineering company to 3d scan my part.

Cheers

Old 07-09-2019, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
How much for the 3D printed part?

Old 07-09-2019, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bdcheung
How much for the 3D printed part?
PM'd. Also info in post #1.

Quick Reply: Ram Air Duct for GK5