Ram Air Duct for GK5 - Page 3 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:35 PM

If it improves mpg, then I'm definitely interested. I'm disappointed in the lack of intakes for our Fit, especially CARB legal ones.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjerry14 View Post
If it improves mpg, then I'm definitely interested. I'm disappointed in the lack of intakes for our Fit, especially CARB legal ones.
In my experience it hasn't improved MPG, but certainly hasn't hurt it either.

I don't think you'd need CARB certification as this is just a scoop and not a change of filter, but not an expert.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:34 AM

Was changing out the air filter in my wife's Kia Forte SX the other day, her 2.4L engine has the very type scoop/intake/whateveryawannacall it stock from the factory, looks about the same as the prototype here, maybe even larger/wider. Now I want one even more on the Fit...
Old 12-01-2017, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
In my experience it hasn't improved MPG
So what does it do? Is throttle response better? Power increase? Just more noise?
Old 12-01-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneefy View Post
So what does it do? Is throttle response better? Power increase? Just more noise?
Does it make any differences or just suck up leaves?
Old 12-01-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjerry14 View Post
Does it make any differences or just suck up leaves?
Apparently there isnt enough of a sample size stateside that would suggest that it improves anything. But if 2Rismo2 agrees since he and I are the only ones with the air duct stateside, that at the very least it does improve throttle response, from my experience at the mid-range is noticeable. Since its gotten colder the past month where I live, intake temps have been cooler and throttle response a lot more noticeable in the colder environment. As far as sound, about a notch or 2 louder. Harder to tell now that I have the RV6 catless DP exhaust sound in the way.

My plan to dyno and share the data would help. Unfortunately I havent gotten to that point. Too busy modding the car still lol
Old 12-01-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneefy View Post
Throttle response is better. Power increase, hmm not sure as I haven't dynoed it. It definitely pulls better at mid to high speeds though. Intake noise has increased as well.

I documented my experience starting here: Ram Air Intake
Old 12-02-2017, 05:48 PM

What is the current list at? I am interested, especially after seeing your MPG difference.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:53 AM

I found a couple videos that people may find interesting. One includes what appears to be the development of it. Pretty cool to see the fabrication process.

Installation:

Anyone able to translate?