Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Ram Air Duct for GK5

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
If it improves mpg, then I'm definitely interested. I'm disappointed in the lack of intakes for our Fit, especially CARB legal ones.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingjerry14
If it improves mpg, then I'm definitely interested. I'm disappointed in the lack of intakes for our Fit, especially CARB legal ones.
In my experience it hasn't improved MPG, but certainly hasn't hurt it either.

I don't think you'd need CARB certification as this is just a scoop and not a change of filter, but not an expert.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
Was changing out the air filter in my wife's Kia Forte SX the other day, her 2.4L engine has the very type scoop/intake/whateveryawannacall it stock from the factory, looks about the same as the prototype here, maybe even larger/wider. Now I want one even more on the Fit...

Old 12-01-2017, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
In my experience it hasn't improved MPG
So what does it do? Is throttle response better? Power increase? Just more noise?

Old 12-01-2017, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
So what does it do? Is throttle response better? Power increase? Just more noise?
Does it make any differences or just suck up leaves?

Old 12-01-2017, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingjerry14
Does it make any differences or just suck up leaves?
Apparently there isnt enough of a sample size stateside that would suggest that it improves anything. But if 2Rismo2 agrees since he and I are the only ones with the air duct stateside, that at the very least it does improve throttle response, from my experience at the mid-range is noticeable. Since its gotten colder the past month where I live, intake temps have been cooler and throttle response a lot more noticeable in the colder environment. As far as sound, about a notch or 2 louder. Harder to tell now that I have the RV6 catless DP exhaust sound in the way.

My plan to dyno and share the data would help. Unfortunately I havent gotten to that point. Too busy modding the car still lol

Old 12-01-2017, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
Throttle response is better. Power increase, hmm not sure as I haven't dynoed it. It definitely pulls better at mid to high speeds though. Intake noise has increased as well.

I documented my experience starting here: Ram Air Intake

Old 12-02-2017, 04:48 PM
What is the current list at? I am interested, especially after seeing your MPG difference.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
I found a couple videos that people may find interesting. One includes what appears to be the development of it. Pretty cool to see the fabrication process.

Installation:

Anyone able to translate?

Old 01-19-2018, 09:27 PM
I'm interested if the price drops to a reasonable. I like mods like this. However it is a simple chunk of plastic..

For $150 Id rather find another stock piece to modify into similar fashion. Or just straight up make my own out of aluminum

Old 02-08-2018, 12:29 AM
I’m interested in this. Any news on where the list is? Seems like a reasonable mod, wish it were a bit cheaper but I understand there are some manufacturing/importation costs

Old 02-28-2018, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Hi All,

Placing an order for 10 units. It has been difficult negotiating a price for a bulk quantity as this part is very popular in South East Asia. If I can get a headcount, I can make reservations for 10 people total, so please confirm your interest.

Will be selling these at $175 shipped. I will update the interest list until it is filled.

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2018, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Order placed for 10pcs. Will get another update March 5th.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
updates added on 1st page regarding these working on 2018+ Fit models. Also I have 3 commitments. 7 more units available for anyone else who wants to get their hands on one. I think this will be the only order I'll make. These are just way to expensive and my supplier doesn't want to budge for a bulk order. I tried my best.

Thanks!

Old 03-11-2018, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Is this still happening or are you still waiting to get 10 people to confirmed?

If in hand, I'm interested.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by orataro
Is this still happening or are you still waiting to get 10 people to confirmed?

If in hand, I'm interested.
He HAS placed an order for 10, with 3 commitments, and is awaiting delivery from overseas, as I understand it.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
He HAS placed an order for 10, with 3 commitments, and is awaiting delivery from overseas, as I understand it.
Thanks for your inquiry Orataro! Like Fuelish shared, 10 have been ordered and have arrived in the US. I am expecting to receive them this week. Much faster than anticipated.

I will PM each of the priority interests the payment details soon.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Br,
TougeMonster_GK5

Old 03-12-2018, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Thanks for your inquiry Orataro! Like Fuelish shared, 10 have been ordered and have arrived in the US. I am expecting to receive them this week. Much faster than anticipated.

I will PM each of the priority interests the payment details soon.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Br,
TougeMonster_GK5
Cool....thanks for the update

Old 03-12-2018, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
FWIW,, I've tested a few different intakes on various cars over the years(Including some fairly exotic open wheel cars) and what the tuners/shops typically forget is that on a drive on dyno there is no air flowing at the front of the car, to do an intake test in reality you need a dyne in a wind tunnel calibrated to match wind speed to tire speed, or your really not testing the full potential.

So your real test is on a highway with a on car engine tuning system to calibrate the tune then some 1/4 to half mile timed runs to calculate the power change..

Old 03-12-2018, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
...to do an intake test in reality you need a dyne in a wind tunnel calibrated to match wind speed to tire speed, or your really not testing the full potential.
Never really thought about it, but that sounds appropriate

Quick Reply: Ram Air Duct for GK5