General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Any problem with the tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Any problem with the tranny?

i'm thinking to buy this car when it arrive in US.

i'm going to use this car as daily driver so i'm pretty sure i'm going to get automatice since i already have s2000 for daily driving.

does anyone here have automatic Fit? do you guys have any problem with the tranny so far?

Old 09-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Someone that Posts too much
If you totally thrash it and don't service it properly you'll get problems quite understandably.

You must use Genuine Honda transmission fluid or else you will have problems.

There have been a few isolated incidents of warranty work being needed to be done on vehicles in Malaysia but these are Jazzes manufactured in Thailand NOT Japan. Who knows what their owners did to the poor vehicles either.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:26 AM
Reading a review of the latest A Class merc. The CVT transmission is nowhere near as seemless as the Jazz.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by vividjazz
Reading a review of the latest A Class merc. The CVT transmission is nowhere near as seemless as the Jazz.
If the CVT on the Fit/Jazz is anything like the CVT on my Honda Civic HX CVT coupé, I think American drivers will have to take some getting used to.

Unlike normal automatics, CVT's usually "lock" the RPM at a certain level during acceleration, relying on the constantly changing ratios to provide the acceleration performance. That's why Audi "programmed" in some increase in rev speeds during acceleration for the Multimatic CVT used on the A4 models with front wheel drive.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:42 AM
Under some circumstances the revs drop while accelerating which feels quite weird at 1st.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:56 AM
w4s
Original CVT fluid ATF-Z1 don't seem to be optimize.
After 2.5 year, the car is experiencing vibration at 1500rpm.
According to some, changing it to the newly reccommended CVTF or HMMF would relief the problem , provided if the lockup clutch have not been damaged by then.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:48 AM
I'd just go with the 5-speed.

Its so much more fun than an automatic to drive.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:15 PM
I own a CVT model with the 1.5 liter engine here in Thailand. I haven't had any problems with the transmission so far, but I've only got 7000 kilometers on it. I've had automatics and manual transmissions on various other cars in the past, and it definetly takes some getting used to the CVT. If I had it to do all over again, I would go with the manual transmission now that I've driven the CVT. I just can't get used to the engine revs. The seven speed manual option on the CVT helps, but I think the manual is the way to go.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Tranny choice

I own a Jazz CVT model in Thailand and haven't had any problems with the trannsmission; admittedly it only has 7000 kilometers on it, but so far so good. I've had numerous other vehicles in the past with both auto and manual gearboxes, and I would definetly go with the manual transmission in the Jazz. I just can't get used to the way the CVT and engine work together. If you're comfortable with a manual, that's the way to go.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:20 AM
if i get the fit it'll be my work car. traffic here is really bad now..... so auto should be good for me.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Talking

I mentioned it else where, but I ride a Suzuki Burgman 650 and it has a CVT / manu-matic 6 speed and it's really the best of both worlds. In open area's where you want acceleration, auto over ride gives you six distinct forward speeds shifted by a rocker arraignment by the left grip.
When I hit heavy traffic, one button switches it over to full auto CVT.
And if in a bind for more go while in full auto, there's a power button that gives an extra couple thousand RPM’s to the up shift in the CVT's pattern for a little more oomph.

From all I've read the Fit's CVT works about the same except for 7 speeds!
Every U.S. country to the city to the country commuter will eat this tranny up!

PS – It’s also fun passing people on the highway going 100mph on a scooter every now and thenJ