General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Cargo Net or Cargo Organizer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:52 PM
superb point

Originally Posted by bdrake
If you have a feed store (as in hay for horses) near you, you can buy a black rubber tub for just a few dollars. They come in various sizes, and the rubber doesn't slide around. We have one of them in the trunk of my wife's Accord.

--Barry
Nice idea! Rep for you! never thought of a feed store!

Old 10-17-2008, 08:23 AM
I agree w/ 5fish: free if unattractive cardboard boxes . if it gets too dirty or beat up or if I simply need more space I just toss it out (or better yet recycle!). If you don't have any boxes at hand go to any supermarket or department store (walmart, etc.) and ask for one. If you don't want it to slide around just buy some stick-on velcro tape and tape the loop side to the box buttom in couple of corners. There is absolutely no reason to spend an arm and a leg for a fancy cargo box.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 PM
OK, a rubber tub or a cardboard box both work, but these are about as cost-efficient as a person can get. I'm more concerned about prying eyes; thus, the cargo cover is the way to go for me. I'm still stunned that Honda did not make this accessory standard in the '09 Sport model.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! I guess there are a few advantages to being a redneck.

--Barry, 08 FS MT BBP, and it gets treated like a truck, just like all my other vehicles have. If I still had my horses, you can bet I'd be seeing if I could fit 8 bales of hay in it.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Bdrake, I did not mean to imply something about your redneck attributes. All I know is that in the Chicago area if the hatch of my Fit has some valuables showing, a great chance exists that I will lose my bling and my rubber tub. I'm guessing that the cardboard box would still be there. I apologize for expanding this topic beyond cargo net/organizer to include the privacy cover....

Old 10-18-2008, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
Hey, no worries. No offense taken. *I'm* the one who called me a redneck. It's true! Check out the photos in the SoCal "Wrench meet retake" thread. I'm the one in the John Deere cap, drinking a Coors. I was born in the city (S.F.), but there's a lot of country in me.

And I understand that there are locales, especially in big cities, where you never want to be seen putting something *in* to your car for the night. I actually keep a "moving blanket" in my car for two reasons. It provides a cover for the magic seats when everything is folded flat and I'm hauling plants or other messy stuff, and it rumples up pretty easily when I want to hide stuff.

--Barry

Old 03-29-2009, 05:15 PM
New to this forum..I will be picking up my new 09 Base any day. I plan on adding a few things and the rubber tub is on that list, great idea. I will also be trying my hand at DIY cargo cover. If I have success I will post pics. Anyone try to create one? Pics please...