General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Anyone in US got their Fits yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Round Rock is a suburb of Austin - not exactly what I'd call a small city. This is making me wonder when mine will show up...lucky for my dealer I'm not home till mid-May.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Someone has

I test drove a white sport auto today at Bob Howard Honda in Edmond Oklahoma. They recieved four yesterday and have sold two of them already. They sold one yesterday before my salesperson called me to tell me that they had arrived. I loved the car. It just felt right. It was quick to accellerate from a stop. The steering was nice. I have driven cars in the past that I wasn't used to driving and was careful to start with. This little Fit felt like I had been driving it already. Everything felt like it should feel. I drive a Dodge Intrepid now and the Fit is easier to get in and out of than my bigger car. They are asking msrp+destination+ $199.50 documentation fees for a total of 16,719.50. My wife had turned her nose up at the idea of a small car and she liked the Fit. I know that the white one I drove and want will be gone by the time I can buy one but if I have to wait on one I will. It should be some time in the next few weeks.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Here in san antonio, my dealership got in about 8 fits so far. I just went to go see mine and i have the only white sport 5 speed so far. It seems like it is going to be a fun car. can't wait!

Old 04-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Maine, again

My dealer has three. I sat in the black one they had and test drove the vivid blue pearl sport 5 speed. Nice car. Feels like a civic hatchback. Feels like it driving on the local roads. I did not drive it on the highway yet.

I don't know if they sold the third one. They didn't SAY they did, so I assume they didn't.

They didn't get all their dealer prep done yet. No dealer sticker on it, didn't look washed. They pulled off the plastic and that's about it I think. The marketing stuff was on the counter inside and I was reading through their dealer training book. "Sales tip... "

Running the numbers tonight to see if I want to do it.

They don't have any of the accessories yet. I'll want to add the rear cargo cover and am considering getting the iLink for it as well. At the least, I'd have the AUX jack in, which is better than what I have right now.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:33 PM
I took delivery of my silver MT Sport at 3pm today for 15,770. My dealer received 4 with 3 already sold. I'm luvin it!

Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Talked to a few folks around the Dallas area. Each dealer has about 4 or 5 in as of today (4/19). Most of them AT, most of them sports, and most of them Silver, with a few Red, Blue, and White.

Sounds like tomorrow anyone can go test-drive one. That's what the majority of folks told me. Don't know who's car they'll let you drive, as most of these first ones are paid for already. Think I'll go drive one tomorrow.

My dealer is trying to find the one I want in the meantime - Sport, MT, Red. 'Cause red is hottt (esp. with tinted windows)!

Old 04-19-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm in New Jersey, and I put got 70 + miles on it today after I picked it up. It is now it is sleeping on my driveway. They should have called the Fit the Honda 'Fun' because it is fso much fun to drive. It is a blue sport with an auto. tranny.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
So is everyone paying full MSRP right now?

Old 04-19-2006, 10:42 PM
I took delivery of mine yesterday - Vivid Blue MT Sport with Ipod hookup - I love it. BTW McDavid in frisco had sold 5 of the 6 they had received when I left last night.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:49 PM
I wanna go check them out tomorrow at my local dealer here in SoCal, hopefully they have a few.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Rcv'd Tonight!

Just brought my FIT AT Sport home @ 2130hrs CST before the storms rolled in...almost had to wait until tomorrow due to a "recall" or fix that was mandated by tomorrow. Front windshield trim @ the roofline evidently caused some to noise @ highway speeds. By 1800hrs, my saleman said the GM was content w/ letting it go tonight. First one on the road here in San Antone!?!? Wow...am impressed. The fit/finish and road feel is so much better than the '06 Chevy Malibu I've been renting for the last few weeks. Plus, I've got room in the garage to walk around it! The Nighthawk black is awesome and just so happy w/ the simplicity of the vehicle so far....can't wait to drive it to work on Friday and show off to the Prius owners what their missing. Oh, have to return the rental tomorrow first.....

P.S. - Dealer still had no listings/prices of optional equip available, i.e. HFP wheels, etc.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:47 AM
I have a question: the SECURITY SYSTEM WITH REMOTE ENTRY that comes standard in Sports--- would it mean that it has car alarm with remote entry?

Old 04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Fits are here -- First test drive in mine

Picked up my Fit this morning and drove it to work. My co-workers piled out of the building to have a look. One teased me: "Gee, we'll miss seeing you broken down by the side of the road." I tried to download photos, but I'll have to recharge the camera battery first. Mine is a Storm Silver. I also took photos of Blue Pearl in the showroom. The dealer had a black one out in the lot. Not sure what the status is on the orange and the red -- they may also be sold. All are Sport versions. They're selling at MSRP plus $395 for dealer prep.

The drive into work, which is long and ordinarily a chore, was sublime. The engine purrs; can't even hear it at the lights. Like my Accord, though, the road noise from the tires is excessive, but unlike the Accord, the Fit screens out noise from other vehicles very, very well.

Wow, what pickup! I lightly touched the accelerator and the Fit shot out from the light. I was startled to see everyone lengths behind in my rear view mirror. It wasn't straining. Luckily I glanced at the speedometer and slowed down. There was a police car coming up behind me and I may have been within a minute or two of getting pulled over. I've been driving rentals and a borrowed car that were sluggish by comparison, and I was used to using a heavier foot, even on my Accord (before it died), which I thought of as pretty responsive.

Only criticism -- just like my Accord (1995 -- new ones are better), I think the seat pan is too firm. I'll be adding a cushion. Honda also needs to add an adjustment to raise the seat pan. I rented a cheapo Chevy Aveo that isn't half the car, but it did allow me to crank the seat up higher off the floor. The Fit's seat isn't bad, but I do like to play around with the adjustments rather than setting and forgetting. My daughter's ancient Toyota Camry has the best driver's seat ever. My armchairs in the living room aren't as comfortable.

The Magic Seats are a snap to adjust. Front passengers will love being able to adjust the seat before getting into the car -- no smashing knee caps on the dash.

After putting up with crackly radio reception, the audio system was another treat. Didn't have it on for the whole trip, though. I was enjoying listening to the engine purr and noticing that noise from vehicles to either side weren't getting on my nerves. I took a different route this morning because of the location of the dealership. On the way home I'll be able to take it up to higher speeds.

The Euro kit puts the exterior really low to the ground. I'm glad I live in flat country. Now that I'm finally able to see the Fit "in person" I've confirmed for myself that it is reminiscent of the Honda Civic wagon. I hope to be driving my Fit for many years.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Cool, great writeup. Makes me anticipate getting mine all the more...