General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

i'll buy a fit when...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:40 AM
^^ werd hahaha

Old 05-30-2006, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
I like the 6 spd manual gear box idea, with my luck it will come out right after I get my 5 spd :P then I will be sad...

Old 06-15-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Hasafraker
I like the 6 spd manual gear box idea, with my luck it will come out right after I get my 5 spd :P then I will be sad...
trade up then ^^

Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Considering the lack of any amenities in my current car I really won't miss what's not there. My driving is adjusted to no dead petal/no armrest because i have neither. I can live without maplights (I actually will probably do the same DIY that I saw somewhere else on the forums - the dude that bought a light at Target since I have one of those sunglass holders anyway) and I've never owned a car that you could height adjust the seat so I'm not missing anything there. Actually at 5'8'' I'm only slightly taller than the average American so I luck out a lot with things like that. (Now being a tall *female* is another story but that's a rant for a different board).

But come on - my strip model '94 Saturn SL has a telescope steering wheel! The Fit I test drove today was a comfortable wheel position for me but my boyfriend would go nuts.

I'm still getting one of course, but if there's one major thing Honda overlooked, I think this is it.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
The day I step off the plane in VA, if I can walk into the dealer and take delivery of the trim, transmission, and color I want.

Despite the following gripes (all except the dead pedal available to the rest of the world)

No rear disc brakes
No height adjustable driver's seat
No locking gas cap/filler cover
No center armrest/storage compartment
No dead pedal

What Honda really needs to do is give us the civic hatches. If the Fit is an "entry level" car, where is the next move. Is anyone who realizes the efficiency of a hatch going to be willing to "move up" to a sedan? Give us the 3 and 5 door civics, especially the 3 dr Si, and you will sell them as fast as you can make them.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by DRum
Just don't take mine.
Or mine.

JonasM

Old 08-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by BKKJack
What Honda really needs to do is give us the civic hatches. If the Fit is an "entry level" car, where is the next move. Is anyone who realizes the efficiency of a hatch going to be willing to "move up" to a sedan? Give us the 3 and 5 door civics, especially the 3 dr Si, and you will sell them as fast as you can make them.

Amen - while looking for my fit, several honda dealers tried to sell me a civic instead (since they had plenty of those in stock). I always responded with "sure! ...if you can show me a hatchback civic..."

Old 08-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by BKKJack
The day I step off the plane in VA, if I can walk into the dealer and take delivery of the trim, transmission, and color I want.
Good luck on that one...

Old 08-04-2006, 11:17 AM
I had a mustang prior to my wonderful little BMO Fit - The mustang was obviously rear wheel and my honda was my first rear wheel - I prefer the front wheel over the rear - I think the car handles much better, especially with parking. And yeah, it's a 16,500 car - if you want to bitch about it - then buy something else. No one is pushing the fit in your face. And I feel like I got every penny I paid for out of my car.