General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Looking to get a Fit, one big question though...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by fitsburgh_steelers
If cost is a concern, check with your insurance agent first to see what a fit will cost you. You might be not-pleasantly surprised...!

Another thing, if you really want a fit sport GE, i saw that some people got them at 15,xxx, so deals can be had unless you have a preference for a hard to get color or MT option, etc.
Oh most definitely. But Carmax has one near me with the automatic, so tomorrow I'm going to go test drive that beast and see 1) How much I like it, obviously, and 2) if the flappy-paddle is nice enough that I can live with it.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dougalicious
Oh most definitely. But Carmax has one near me with the automatic, so tomorrow I'm going to go test drive that beast and see 1) How much I like it, obviously, and 2) if the flappy-paddle is nice enough that I can live with it.
Automatic Fit gets less miles per gallon compare to manual Fits but its okay if that's not an issue to you.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Well I'm coming from 13-18mpg so one or two all the way up there near 30 isn't going to kill me haha, I also like the fact that the auto revs lower - I've been kind of spoiled with 2000 RPM @ 70 mph

Old 04-20-2010, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
I'm 6'3" 215 pounds, with a disproportionately long torso. I have no problems with headroom or footroom. However, the steering wheel doesn't telescope as high as I'd like it too, so I can't see the top of the speedometer without crouching down just a tad. If not for that one flaw (common to many cars designed by short people), it would be a perfect car for tall people, considering that it actually offers more headroom than most full-size sedans.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:21 PM
I test drove an 08' Fit and an '09 Fit back-to-back. I felt that the '08 offered significantly more headroom and the seating position for me (6'2") was more comfortable.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Dougalicious
My sister has a 2000 Civic that doesn't quite offer enough headroom
I am just under 6 feet and I always feel like I am going to head my head on my husband's Civic. Definitely test drive. Or at the very least, test sit

Old 09-04-2010, 01:56 AM
6'2 190ish and I fit just fine

Old 09-04-2010, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
Within the sub-compact class, outside of The Versa- A rather bland Nissan version of The Fit (imo), I don't think you are going to find a vehicle that offers the roomy feel of The Fit and the ergonomics. It's very well designed. I'm not a small guy, I'm 6"1 and The Fit offers me more headroom than I've ever had in any vehicle that wasn't a large SUV or Truck.

That being said, you are going to have to get over your understandable fear of pushy salespeople and actually go sit it one. Seat comfort and how it feels to anyone is very subjective.

I wouldn't hesitate to give The Fit a recommendation to anyone, even a big person. Again within it's class, I don't know if you could do much better. If The Fit, doesn't "fit" you, then you almost have to think about moving up to mid-size vehicles or larger.

The Fit is the smallest vehicle I've driven in decades. I came from a Honda Accord. I do not feel cramped and/or desirous of more ergonomic space with The Fit, infact partly due to the layout, and visual design of the dashboard and windshield, The Fit "feels" as open and roomy as any vehicle I've ever been in. I've posted before, that with the huge windshield riding around in The Fit reminds me of a distant memory. Don't laugh, but the only vehicle that compares in my experience as far as open, visual feeling? 1970's AMC Pacer.

The Pacer became an Iconic "joke" but I had an uncle in the 70's that owned one, and a friend in the 90's that drove one...and riding in a Pacer felt like riding around in a living room with wheels.....The Fit...sorta has that same feeling. With all the window surrounding you.

So anyway, in anycase, Yeah, I think The Fit "might" work for you. I wouldn't cross it off my list if you like it....but you still will have to sit in it. Honda did a lot of things right to make the Fit seem roomy and feel roomy. The Fit has a lot of glass, and a tall roofline...good luck.