General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fight the ticket

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
We dont need to sign and accept the ticket here like you guys do in cali. They hand us the ticket that is that you pay or you opt to go to court your choice.

Ok Goobers I see where you are coming from. Let's say I was driving down a road with no stop signs. All of a sudden i decide I want to stop on a dime for no reason. The guy behind me riding my ass slams on his brakes but hits me any way.

Who fault is it?

Maybe you guys arent getting how far I was through the intersection. Same with the cop according to how he drew the diagram. When he hit me at an angle my car WAS FULLY through the 4 way intersection. The reason the guy hit me there and at that angle is because

1. He didnt make a full stop.
2. He left before he should have.
3. He cut the inside corner almost placing him next to my car.
4. He was way to close.

I was told ON SCENE that if the cop felt necessary he would issue me a careless driving ticket. I understand because I stopped that this would make a bit of sense.

Then they ticket me for an offense/crime I did not commit. I did not run a stop sign. I waited and waved another car through the intersection safely. I crossed the intersection safely. After the intersection a guy wan on top of me I slowed my car down. He hit me. I'm trying to make the situation as clear as possible.

Now even though i did something careless they can not prosecute me for the ticket they issued me. They have no proof that I ran a stop sign. No un-biased witness and no physical proof. (I didnt T bone a car... i was rear ended.)

@MattM I have the same information for you. All your points make sense for a careless driving but I was issued a failure to stop ticket.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 PM
I understand what your saying but the officer cited you for running the stop sign because he feels like he can prove the offense in court.

Let me ask you this. Was the other party cited as well? Is it possible that you were both cited. Honestly there is no point in arguing that you didn't commit the offense. You are better off arguing why the other person is responsible for the collision. A collision occurred so SOMEONE wasnt following the rules of the road. Your testimony in cour will determine if the judge thinks that person is you or the other driver.

To be honest, your freakout breaking scenario sounds a little suspect. Several people including yourself have mentioned how this is a strange thing to do given the circumstances. A judge may interpret the situation as you brake checking the other driver as punishment for him rushing his turn at the stop sign which won't win you any points. Point being, make sure you tell the truth in court. Judges can spot a phony story a mile away and they become far less willing to cut you a break afterwards.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
The officer showed up. It was not the first officer on scene or who i dealt with. Turns out the officer who was mean, and obnoxious was the supervisor and he told the younger officer who was helpful in court to write the tickets.

No fines, no fees, case dismissed.

Thanks for those who spent some time to try and help me.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Hey Ciggy, well done! Hold your ground and let the truth be told.

I was sure you were going to get railroaded, kudos to you.