Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Vandergriff Honda in Arlington, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Vandergriff Honda in Arlington, Texas

When I purchased my Fit, I went to the other side of the Metroplex to Vandergriff Honda in Arlington. Their lot is pretty big. The saleslady and the internet sales manager were both nice. I even mentioned several things I had researched on the Fit to the saleslady and she learned from ME.

Of course, as with any new car transaction, the closing of the deal was the tough part. Mainly, it was me grappling with the decision to deal with a higher payment, all thanks to the Saturn I had before which was upside-down on the loan and lacked much desired safety features. The finance guy wasn't hard to deal with.

My Fit did have extras tacked on to the sticker price, and most of the add-ons are actually useful (i.e. tinted windows, LoJack, DigiShield). I think people in Texas know the value of tinted windows. Yeah, I bet it could be cheaper to do it after you buy a car, but the convenience of it coming with the car is good.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my Fit and the buying experience was good. I hope that when I take my Fit for its first service that the Service Dept there will be hassle-free. We'll see what happens.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 AM
congrats, hope to see you around dallas!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Beware of "express" service

I have lost faith in this dealership, all thanks to their service department.

Apparently, scheduling a maintenance online is useless, as they routed me to their express service department. They just seemed so disorganized, and they were also busy as well (which couldn't be helped, of course). I figured a honda dealer would do better for their customers.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 PM
After sending Vandergriff an email earlier this week, I got a call today from the Express Service manager. We talked for a bit and he wants to do what he can to keep my business.

I think I'll give them one more chance and I'll go back when my next service needs to be done. And from what I'm told, the next service will be at no charge (since I didn't get my free first oil change).

We'll see what happens when the time comes........

Old 07-19-2008, 01:15 AM
All I have to say about vandergriff honda...

1. The salesman, David Nguyen, was a nice guy, but he had half inch long fingernails with like.. clumps of dirt underneath of them. It really, really bothered me for some reason. I heard his fingernails on the paint when he opened the door.

2. They hassled me to no end even when I told them it would be two months before I was ready to buy. I told them over and over. I gave them my cell phone and one of my emails, but somehow they ended up with my home phone in KANSAS and my main email. I got calls all the time, emails all the time. It was really, really annoying.

3. All of those extras... I just wanted a plain jane fit but they told me they couldn't deliver me a fit without tinting/lojack/that paint protective film, so I couldn't get one for less than $17500 before tax. Bah I got my fit for 15.6 in kansas.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I hear some Honda dealers can be aggressive. Luckily, I didn't have that problem. It was a lady named Sharon that sold me my Fit, and I bought it the same day I went in there. She was nice, but of course, making the deal was not fun. However, I was really wanting to get rid of my old car, which had not been acting the same since I had an accident last November.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd have been pissed off too if they kept calling me like that.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
I would find LoJack and window tinting (lifetime warranty, for both) beneficial, especially driving in Texas. Not to mention, any auto insurance carrier would provide discount for LoJack security system (already installed, that is).

As for the paint protection film (DigiShield, I believe), I had it replaced entirely with 3M clear bra elsewhere.

Not to digress, the parts department will match the lowest price online for Honda accessories, if interested.

Damien