Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

GB: Tiger Tuning KMR Fit Chassis Brace Sets!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by beangrower
quick question. the front lower tie bar...is it a simple install. as in, jack up, unbolt, hold up lower tie bar, and then bolt back up? or do i need extra jacks to support anything down there? i know of possible fitment issues. im just worried that if i do unbolt the two, everything will come apart. sorry for lack of knowledge...and proper grammar. lol.
Exactly, one jack, two jack stands, one socket wrench with socket, 15 minutes at most.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by beangrower
quick question. the front lower tie bar...is it a simple install. as in, jack up, unbolt, hold up lower tie bar, and then bolt back up? or do i need extra jacks to support anything down there? i know of possible fitment issues. im just worried that if i do unbolt the two, everything will come apart. sorry for lack of knowledge...and proper grammar. lol.
I think all you need to do is to jack up the two front end, unbolt 2 bolts that hold the tie bars, put the tie support bar in, bolt the two bolts, and taorque to the specc. However, if you have fitment issues, you might need to eapand the hold on the tie support bar. This is the simplest bolt-on.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
thanks y'all. stuff would fall out if not properly supported like the whole axle popping off the trans when trying to swap out springs.
hope to get'er done.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Could this be a reason for the window cracking? Noticed this part of the seal coming out when I took my cowl off to do my coilover.

Name:  HgFzxl.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  XHdeTl.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  30.5 KB

Old 07-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Possibly. Mine wasn't like that. Mine was perfect, but still cracked. However, the new glass with all of the suspension and now EBC 3G rotors and Hawk HPS pads still is holding up. The car is a TON of FUN to drive.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 AM
hahaha after all this time i still havn't install my braces!!!!

lazy me....

post some pix pls I want to see how the 4 point ladder and rear sway looks after install!!!

hehe =)

Old 07-21-2011, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j's_fit

lazy me....

post some pix pls I want to see how the 4 point ladder and rear sway looks after install!!!

hehe =)
Look back through the thread and you will find my pic of the ladder brace.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member

lazy me....

hehe =)
Don't feel too bad, I haven't installed any of mine yet either...

Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks Jim I see it......

anyone with rear sway installed???

Java^FiT - have you install your N1 suspension yet???

Old 07-21-2011, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member

Nope not that either although I think I am going to try and be ambitious this weekend and install all bars, suspension, mud flaps and change my oil...

Old 07-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Tiger Tuning I guess I've waited long enough for my bars and they are not delivered nor even tracking number yet.

May I ask for a refund instead since I've waited that long and no response so far ?

Old 07-22-2011, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
I don't remember getting a tracking number but they did refund the money I paid for one part that they couldn't ship... I would certainly get in touch with them and see what they have to say about it... If they don't respond you can get in touch with PayPal and let them know about your problem... There is a time limit on how long you can wait before contacting PayPal for a refund so get in touch with them soon.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:18 PM
I tried Paypal, and Paypal said that I could not dispute the case after the $ was paid for more than 45days.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Static-X
I tried Paypal, and Paypal said that I could not dispute the case after the $ was paid for more than 45days.
Did you try to call Tiger directly?

http://tigertuning.com/contact.html

Old 07-22-2011, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
hi Jim,

just wondering what do you do with those 4 extra pieces for your ladder brace??

b/c mine didn't come with an instruction!!

did yours came with one?? if so can you be nice enough to scan it so we can see!!!
Sorry dude, I guess I never noticed your question. Yes, the extra pieces (kinda like short L brackets) are for the ladder brace. No, instructions not included!

If you haven't already figured it out, they fit in the channel on the backside of the frame. They secure the nut so you can tighten each of the 4 bolts since there's no way to get a wrench on the backside of that channel. You use one long and one short bracket on each side because the access hole is not centered between the mounting points. You can see a little of the red tab poking through one of the access holes in that frame channel in these pics:

I hope that helps a bit!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member

I finally noticed you posted a question to me about the ladder brace install a few threads back - I just answered it. Oops!

Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 PM
I have a GE8 Fit and am interested in buying the whole kit. Are you still offering it discounted? Also, do you guys accept check of moneyorder?

Old 07-23-2011, 02:29 AM
No I have not tried call them directly as I'm a overseas customer who's waiting for my bars to arrive at my freight forwarder.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Well it took almost a month to arrive, but I got my front lower tie-end bar a few weeks ago, and put it on last week. It didn't come with instructions (not necessary, though) and where there's a KMR sticker on the bars in other photos, mine had a rectangular glue outline where the KMR sticker apparently once was. It also didn't come with a Tiger Tuning sticker as I've seen in other photos. None of these things are important, but are odd inconsistencies.

That said, the bar itself made a noticeable improvement, and I love it. I am a little worried, though, because I have been scraping it on bumps and dips. Once it happened going over a crest at 30-35 mph, and felt like a pretty severe impact. I pulled over to make sure I didn't lose my front end.

Should I be worried about damage to my control arms or endlink bolts over time, as the bar smacks and scrapes pavement? Has anyone else had any issues with it scraping, and any more sever issues stemming from that?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Umm, it looks like your a bit too slammed. That's why you have these issues.

Quick Reply: GB: Tiger Tuning KMR Fit Chassis Brace Sets!