Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Yaris vs. Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:00 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nighthawk fit
Go for the Fit the Yaris being a Sedan just doesn't look as good as the Fit.
Hes looking at the Yaris hatchback. IMO the sedan Yaris looks better than the Hatch.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 PM
the Fit is the only way to go and this is comming from a toyota guy

Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty partial to Honda tho... I have three of them!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
the yaris looks wierd, period!

i've never seen a guy in one before either... its coming off to me as a chick car although i could be wrong.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
FIT easily better than Yaris

I drove them both and did a lot of research. One big thing about the FIT over the Yaris is that the FIT is four door. It is much roomier. Drives much better, and as others have said, once you get the safety equipment figured in there isn't much difference in the price. While the FIT auto trans is a crap shoot on the MPG each individual car gets, you for sure can't go wrong with the manual trans if you like shifting. I have the auto trans as I made a vow decades ago to never own a manual trans. (Lazy streak, I guess).

I think I have read just about every review published comparing all the cars in the class, and the FIT has always come out on top.

Just drive them both and you will see the difference. Also, when driving the Yaris, don't forget to ponder if you really want a car that couldn't decide where the speedometer belongs so they stuck it in the middle.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
fit vs yaris

My wife has the Yaris hatch and I have the Fit. The Yaris does get an average of 38 mpg while mine gets 34mpg. The interior of the Yaris does seem very cheap. She got the cheapest deal (no power windows, no fog lights, no ABS). The Yaris has a better turning ratio, and still has good acceleration. I agree that the Yaris seems to be more cramped inside (I'm 5'9"). However, for me, I like the Fit because of performance, looks, and how much aftermarket parts that are available for it. Check out the new Siphon magazines. Fit on the cover of last issue, and Yaris on cover of new issue.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Do not sign on the dotted line for a Yaris until you have looked at and driven a Fit. Do not let the salesman talk you into buying that day, period.

If the Yaris still seems like a good deal after checking out the Fit, by all means go for it. But I really don't think you will:)

Old 04-02-2007, 07:43 PM
It IS a chick car... I'm a chick and I still wouldn't buy one! I have seen guys driving them and it looks odd. Maybe they should make the Yaris in Barbie pink. :)

Old 04-02-2007, 08:12 PM
For Yaris, all major gauges, the dash panel, is located on the right side of your straight view, in order to pay attention to your speed, gas level, etc, you will have to move your eyes back and forth a million times, that's very bad for your brain, best is when the dash panel is right in front of your view when the steering is... so be very aware of this MAJOR issue!!!
Chris

Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah they did that dashboard/spedometer thing in the ECHO too... super annoying. hmmm... I wonder why they discontinued that one... could it be because it looks like a pregnant rollerskate?

Old 04-02-2007, 09:09 PM
The center cluster would kill me

Old 04-02-2007, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
there was a pretty negative review of the yaris in the newspaper this weekend:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000

(don't know how long the link is good for - you can look for it on the LA Times site, written by Dan Neil.)

Old 04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Yaris is a good car... Fit is best car... :D

I chose Fit because its practicality and looks...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by rekcah
The center cluster would kill me

3 years ago I was forced to go for a rental payed by the insurance comp as my Civic was at the body shop, so I accepted to drive an ECHO, at the end of the day I had to run to the drug store to buy ultra-strength headache pills... never ever again in my entire life I will drive such idiotic thing:mad:
Chris

Old 04-03-2007, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
The XA is a better hatch and the Corolla is a better sedan. Even if you want a Toyota, the Yaris is pointless.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
the Yaris will have numb steering and wont handle as well. According to all the reviews, the Yaris will have the charm and feel of an appliance. The fit drives like a taught little sports car.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:51 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Runtie
It IS a chick car... I'm a chick and I still wouldn't buy one! I have seen guys driving them and it looks odd. Maybe they should make the Yaris in Barbie pink. :)

unfortunatly if they made a yaris in barbie pink id swoop it slam it black it out and tint it and say screw the fit lol so its probably a good thing they dont make them in pink :p lol i was thinking about getting a black fit and then melting the headlights open and painting the color match pink and then pink headlights and pink rims lol i think that would be tight also tintiong the fot lamps pink ;) lol im just sayin :D

Old 04-03-2007, 03:08 AM
uhhhh.... sounds awesome s0x :)

Old 04-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Yaris and Fit do NOT belong in the very same category, at least by the Canadian standards!!!

http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/transportatio...icles-2007.pdf

Chris

Old 04-03-2007, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Everything everyone has already said is a mouthful...and more.

However, most seem to be missing what I consider to be the one thing I WON'T do without...the one thing that made the decision for me before even doing much research...

No cruise control on the Yaris hatch.......deal-killer.

Quick Reply: Yaris vs. Fit