Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

What makes you rethink your fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Trans doesn't feel good, interior is meh, and its a Hyundai
I've heard mixed reviews.. Still want to test out that 3.8 version they have.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Trans doesn't feel good, interior is meh, and its a Hyundai
True on the trans, the manuals have a gang load of issues from what I've been reading on a Genesis Coupe specific forum.

Interior, meh... Don't care as long as its black and preferably cloth but wouldn't mind putting up with leather. Some of the stuff will be removed and put in storage anyway. Back seat delete anyone?

Don't care about the name just as long as it has what and does I want... and the Gen Coupe (on paper) is one of the best bang for your buck RWD cars that you can get new. Decent low end torque (check), factory limited slip (check), reasonable fuel economy (check), reasonable pricing (check) all sounds pretty good at a MSRP of around low to mid $27k before even thinking about talking deals with the dealership.

The only major deal that I have against the Genesis (aside from the transmission issues) is the practicality compared to the Fit. If it were a hatch or true fast back model (think RS13 hatch) then maybe not so much. Now if BMW sold a their M Sport 118i or 120d as a 3 or 5 door hatch here in the states for around the same price range as the Track/R-Spec 2.0 turbo I4 Gen Coupe then I'd quickly sway towards that and be hellaceously (maybe made up word, extremely tempted in other words :P) tempted to switch up.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
True on the trans, the manuals have a gang load of issues from what I've been reading on a Genesis Coupe specific forum.

Interior, meh... Don't care as long as its black and preferably cloth but wouldn't mind putting up with leather. Some of the stuff will be removed and put in storage anyway. Back seat delete anyone?

Don't care about the name just as long as it has what and does I want... and the Gen Coupe (on paper) is one of the best bang for your buck RWD cars that you can get new. Decent low end torque (check), factory limited slip (check), reasonable fuel economy (check), reasonable pricing (check) all sounds pretty good at a MSRP of around low to mid $27k before even thinking about talking deals with the dealership.

The only major deal that I have against the Genesis (aside from the transmission issues) is the practicality compared to the Fit. If it were a hatch or true fast back model (think RS13 hatch) then maybe not so much. Now if BMW sold a their M Sport 118i or 120d as a 3 or 5 door hatch here in the states for around the same price range as the Track/R-Spec 2.0 turbo I4 Gen Coupe then I'd quickly sway towards that and be hellaceously (maybe made up word, extremely tempted in other words :P) tempted to switch up.
I really liked the Genesis - except for the back seat. Same with the Mustang. It's hard to find a rear-driver with any sort of functional rear seat - I'm single, but divorced with two kids, and I need a back seat for when they visit me. I wanted a leg-stretching two-door though, and was looking at off-lease Accord coupes when I saw my current ride across the street at the Toyota dealer. It's wrong-wheel-drive, but at least manages the low seat, stretched legs position very well - even the Civic SI sits up like a little minivan these days!

Hyundai is quickly turning into the innovator to beat. Sure, you'll get folks who will sneer and say "Still a Hyundai - still means: Hope You Understand Nothing's Drivable And INexpensive - Hurr Hurr!" Honda and Toyota are going down the Oldsmobile/Buick route, and it will hurt them in the end.

Besides, who the hell cares about the snob appeal of the car's name... especially on a forum dedicated to a cheapie car!

Old 08-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks to this thread my wife and I started talking about a different car. We had checked out the Honda web site, looking at a CR-V EX-L. We liked the sage green with the tan leather interior. This morning we went to our Honda dealer and our old salesman (from the Fit) told us he only had one EX-L in stock. It happened to be sage green with a tan leather interior. It had all the bells and whistles we wanted including a moon roof. Brought it home about an hour ago.

I'll say one thing for the Fit. It holds it's value well. Ours was an '09 and with it as a trade we got the CR-V for 13K out the door. I'm very happy with the deal.

Thanks for the several years of amusement.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
2011 Mustang 5.0 GT.

OR

even better

2011 Mustang Boss 302.

If I were buying a car and had the job I'm going to have after college.

I'd buy one of those.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by whaap
Thanks to this thread my wife and I started talking about a different car. We had checked out the Honda web site, looking at a CR-V EX-L. We liked the sage green with the tan leather interior. This morning we went to our Honda dealer and our old salesman (from the Fit) told us he only had one EX-L in stock. It happened to be sage green with a tan leather interior. It had all the bells and whistles we wanted including a moon roof. Brought it home about an hour ago.

I'll say one thing for the Fit. It holds it's value well. Ours was an '09 and with it as a trade we got the CR-V for 13K out the door. I'm very happy with the deal.

Thanks for the several years of amusement.
Fun with numbers:

162/178 = .91 (length)
67/72 = .93 (width)
60/66 = .91 (height)

The Fit is just slightly larger than a 9:10 scale CR-V.

A 9:10 scale 'ME' would be 5'6. (73*.9 = 65.7). So, if a short dude walked up to a Fit, it would look exactly like a CR-V does to me.

The CR-V is roughly a 9:10 scale Pilot. The Fit is in the neighborhood of a 4:5 scale Pilot.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:45 PM
2011 Mustang 5.0 GT.

OR

even better

2011 Mustang Boss 302.

I'd buy one of those.
Please don't tell me you've been in here talking trash about others car choices while you're sitting on Mom and Dad's insurance and/or loan cosign. I'll be very disappointed in you.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
Please don't tell me you've been in here talking trash about others car choices while you're sitting on Mom and Dad's insurance and/or loan cosign. I'll be very disappointed in you.
No.

I'm on MY insurance.
I pay my own loan with NO cosigners.
I pay about half my school fees (4 year university) in cash, take loans out IN MY NAME for the rest
I put down a sizable downpayment (OF MY OWN CASH) on the Fit.
I bought the 5 cars prior to my Fit...with my cash.

All this by 19.

That's what happens when you work your ass off.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
No.

I'm on MY insurance.
I pay about half my school fees (4 year university) in cash, take loans out IN MY NAME for the rest

All this by 19.

Yeah man I feel you on the working your ass off thing.. Nobody ever wants to give youngsters any credit..

But on the whole "it's a Hyundai" thing, that's a pretty ignorant thing to say.. If you look at the facts the gen coupe is a hell of a car for the price..

I looked into the s2k a while back and realized that (even though the s2k is a nicer car) the gen coupe is somewhat comparable and I can either choose a 5 year old car with 60k miles or a new car with 0 miles in the same price range..

The whole "it's a Hyundai" thing doesn't apply at all anymore.. I heard reviews of the gen sedan that compared it to a 7 series BMW..

Old 08-06-2011, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drock305
Yeah man I feel you on the working your ass off thing.. Nobody ever wants to give youngsters any credit..

But on the whole "it's a Hyundai" thing, that's a pretty ignorant thing to say.. If you look at the facts the gen coupe is a hell of a car for the price..

I looked into the s2k a while back and realized that (even though the s2k is a nicer car) the gen coupe is somewhat comparable and I can either choose a 5 year old car with 60k miles or a new car with 0 miles in the same price range..

The whole "it's a Hyundai" thing doesn't apply at all anymore.. I heard reviews of the gen sedan that compared it to a 7 series BMW..
Yeah for the price.

With Hyundai EVERYTHING is 'for the price'

I'm not anti-Korean car, but nothing made by Hyundai has ever impressed me in the slightest.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
No.

I'm on MY insurance.

All this by 19.

I'm in the same boat bud. 19 years old and I pay for my own shite much to the disbelief of everyone that knows this.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah for the price.

With Hyundai EVERYTHING is 'for the price'

I'm not anti-Korean car, but nothing made by Hyundai has ever impressed me in the slightest.
Ok. Well there's obviously no changing your mind on the subject nomatter what the facts are..

Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Present me with some facts. My opinion can change.

Give me one way in which the Genesis sedan is superior to a 7 series.

Or a coupe superior to a Mustang.

That doesn't mention, for the price.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Present me with some facts.
Battle of the Sixes: Ford Mustang V6 takes on Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 and Nissan 370Z
Views from people that review cars for a living. The Gen Coupe beats the mustang overall.
And the thing about the seven series was a review I read in a magazine talking about build quality, quality of the materials and overall feel of the vehicle when they first came out.. And unless you've personally driven these cars you really can't sway anyones opinion away from what a PROFESSIONAL tells me.

And nothing was ever said about the gen sedan being superior.. I said it was comparable.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, you mean the top spec Genesis coupe vs. the base Mustang w/ performance pack.

hmm

27-28k gen coupe vs. 23-24k mustang

I think it should be

27-28k gen coupe vs 29-30k mustang 5.0

Let's see those results.

Also, I've driven a 2011 Mustang V6.

Its good.

Very good.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
2011 Mustang 5.0 GT.

OR

even better

2011 Mustang Boss 302.

I'd buy one of those.
I honestly would rather get a vasectomy than to get a new Mustang, but that's just the anti-Ford MoCo guy in me speaking. Nothing actually wrong with the brand if you're a fan of it, its just one of those manufactures from a specific continent that I irrationally despise (like Mercedes from Europe, Toyota from Asia). I do give Ford credit for creating a coupe/convertible that comes in a wide range of packages that can almost fit anyone's requirements though.

Aside from that, they too also have fragile manual transmissions like the Genesis as well as Mustangs still have a live rear axle (majority of RWD cars in class have some sort of independent rear) and the current chassis does not appeal to me.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  subaru_86.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  139.2 KB
^
^
^
THIS >>> 2012?13?

Old 08-07-2011, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
^ oh hell yes!

Old 08-07-2011, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Ha ha nice... with a Subaru badge on...

Old 08-07-2011, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
I honestly would rather get a vasectomy than to get a new Mustang, but that's just the anti-Ford MoCo guy in me speaking. Nothing actually wrong with the brand if you're a fan of it, its just one of those manufactures from a specific continent that I irrationally despise (like Mercedes from Europe, Toyota from Asia). I do give Ford credit for creating a coupe/convertible that comes in a wide range of packages that can almost fit anyone's requirements though.

Aside from that, they too also have fragile manual transmissions like the Genesis as well as Mustangs still have a live rear axle (majority of RWD cars in class have some sort of independent rear) and the current chassis does not appeal to me.
:O

I understand your opinion, however I'm going to continue gushing over the Mustang.

BUT THEY SOUND SO GOOD (even the V6)
THEY LOOK COO
THEY CHEAP
The BOSS 302 CAN LAP TRACKS AS QUICKLY AS AN M3
THEY GOOD FOR DRAG RACING (+1 for live rear axle)
THE GT GETS 26 MPG!

and Ewww to the FT-86/whatever the name is.

Boxer 4 + Ugly design = Do not want.

Quick Reply: What makes you rethink your fit?