Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:45 PM
So you decided not to go with the bright orange on the cage? Either way looks really good!

I feel your pain on removing the sound-deadening goop...been there, done that - except my wife didn't help in the removal process.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
hah thanks guys!

yeah i thought about going nuts with the cage and colors but im going to keep the wheels bronze. so incase i bend one, i can just order one and not have to paint the wheels to match haha.

and this was sooooooooooooooooooooooo much damn work lol. /lazy

Old 06-28-2011, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
It looks too pretty inside now, don't get a queen's carriage personality going on and just show this thing now that it looks DISGUSTINGLY GOOD!!!

Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 AM
beatiful interior! great job man! qbout your odessy pc680...did u get the one from pwjdm? i ask cuz the pc680 they have for sale at most retailers here in town are all for like fouwheelers and lawnmowers

Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
beatiful interior! great job man! qbout your odessy pc680...did u get the one from pwjdm? i ask cuz the pc680 they have for sale at most retailers here in town are all for like fouwheelers and lawnmowers

yeah I got it from PWJDM. only because I was getting their bracket also. their price for just the PC680 was like 25 dollars higher than eBay with shipping. I just wanted 1 package to come in and plus they DID include the SAE terminals. where as some sellers on eBay make you pay 16 bucks more or don't include them at all. I wanted to make sure I got the Odyssey brand terminals and PWJDM ensured me that I would. I also did NOT pay the full price that PWJDM was asking for the mount + the battery and terminals. call them and tell them you are a fitfreak member and honda-tech. I also got a military discount ^_^ freaking good guys!

ABC auto here in tyler off the loop 323 by the HWY 64 intersection has the EXACT same PC680 I have. Their price was like 140 or something like that. But .. If you want, ill buy it for you with my military discount there or lie and say you work at brookshires for 20% off.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
It looks too pretty inside now, don't get a queen's carriage personality going on and just show this thing now that it looks DISGUSTINGLY GOOD!!!

haha thanks man! Im ready to see some 555 work done!!!!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
Sooooo nice! Damn J, I am jealous as hell.
Originally Posted by apexanimal
subtle but nice... good work

thanks guys!

I put most of her back together yesterday. I was weary of mounting my stuff back to the cage with the fresh paint. didnt want to scuff it up like my mirror mounts and helmet hook and how my harnesses ride on my harness bar.

But SCREW IT! thats what they are for.

BECAUSE RACE CAR!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
poor audi's...

Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
yeah I got it from PWJDM. only because I was getting their bracket also. their price for just the PC680 was like 25 dollars higher than eBay with shipping. I just wanted 1 package to come in and plus they DID include the SAE terminals. where as some sellers on eBay make you pay 16 bucks more or don't include them at all. I wanted to make sure I got the Odyssey brand terminals and PWJDM ensured me that I would. I also did NOT pay the full price that PWJDM was asking for the mount + the battery and terminals. call them and tell them you are a fitfreak member and honda-tech. I also got a military discount ^_^ freaking good guys!

ABC auto here in tyler off the loop 323 by the HWY 64 intersection has the EXACT same PC680 I have. Their price was like 140 or something like that. But .. If you want, ill buy it for you with my military discount there or lie and say you work at brookshires for 20% off.
i think ill just buy from pwjdm for the same reasons as you. i went to abc and the battery they had did have the cranking amps it needed. actually i almost bought the battery you speak of! lol

Old 06-28-2011, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Loving the progress man. Your tire setup is pretty interesting. How does she handle with that particular setup?

P.S. I'm hosting a track day at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in Desert Center, CA on Sunday, September 18, 2011. Think you can make it?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
Loving the progress man. Your tire setup is pretty interesting. How does she handle with that particular setup?

P.S. I'm hosting a track day at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in Desert Center, CA on Sunday, September 18, 2011. Think you can make it?

Tires are in but the wheels are not in yet. so I'm not staggered just yet. about 2 more weeks for the 9s to be here ^__^

I've never been to CA in my life haha. But im always looking for reasons to see other parts of the world and U.S. Is there like a link to your track day? I'm going to google search the track and tell my buddies. Im sure they would all want to go if I had my heart set on it. Let me see how things go with this swap. Swapping the fit will tie me down for a little while so I'm not sure how available me and the fit can be haha. Thank you much for the invite and I will look into this and my swap time frame.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
Tires are in but the wheels are not in yet. so I'm not staggered just yet. about 2 more weeks for the 9s to be here ^__^

I've never been to CA in my life haha. But im always looking for reasons to see other parts of the world and U.S. Is there like a link to your track day? I'm going to google search the track and tell my buddies. Im sure they would all want to go if I had my heart set on it. Let me see how things go with this swap. Swapping the fit will tie me down for a little while so I'm not sure how available me and the fit can be haha. Thank you much for the invite and I will look into this and my swap time frame.
The registration information for the track day won't be available until the first week of August. We are focusing on promoting our car meet and Hot Dog Time Attack Contest at the Super Street FF Battle 3 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA on Saturday, July 30, 2011. I'll create a thread on the track day ASAP.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
j - do you still have the stock front sway bar?

Old 06-28-2011, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by apexanimal
j - do you still have the stock front sway bar?
I do! It is currently still installed. Haven't really thought about downgrading with a bigger one for the front. going to keep the front one stock and in conjunction with my 22mm in the rear, should be crazy oversteer with the staggered 9" wide wheels in the front.

right now on the 8s all around, the fit handles like a damn go kart. I really cant explain how damn rigid and fun it is. I tell it to do something, and it does EXACTLY that. the chassis is sooooo responsive to my commands. I really dont express this enough but I wanted to.

the last few days, while my car was apart and non operable, I borrowed my buddy's huge $30k jeep. pretty nice jeep but VERY squirly. Like, I would tell it to do something, and it would just do what the hell it wanted haha. I got used to it but wow sooo squirly. then here at work, Ive been driving the government dodge caravan. Not gonna lie, I drive the shit out of this van lol but its sooooo soft and boat like. then, yesterday was the first day for me to take my car on public roads again. OMG how I took the stiffness and response for granted. I missed it soooo much. You really dont appreciate your car until you drive something else for a while and forget what its like. It almost scared me haha. So glad to be reunited with my fit.

Last edited by JCrimson; 06-28-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
I know exactly what your saying. I went from my Fit to a 94 Crown Vic. The steering on the Vic is so vag and sloppy it took me some time to get use to it, not to mention its a big car. I cant wait to get back into my car again.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Just picked up some JDM swimming pool noodles >_< haha

Old 07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
yes... i love the jdm noodles. also on a side note ive been looking for racing seats for my fit for 3 months now and i noticed urs. im going to get the same ones but reclineable. they are cheap and they look super clean. my search is over. thanks bud.

cant wait to see the k20!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
yes... i love the jdm noodles. also on a side note ive been looking for racing seats for my fit for 3 months now and i noticed urs. im going to get the same ones but reclineable. they are cheap and they look super clean. my search is over. thanks bud.

cant wait to see the k20!!!
haha thanks man!

you must be talking about the seats I had before I got these recent fixed back ones. Dood, those seats were SOOOOOO amazingly comfortable. wow. and the fabric and quality was amazing to me. I sold them to my buddy next door who used them, rolled his 2007 civic si with them installed. He rolled on Texas World Speedway, 3 complete rolls across the track, and the seats held up perfectly! He used harnesses with them and a harness bar. he still has the seats. they are sitting in his living room as video game chairs. Hes about to put them in his new TL. (even though you arent supposed to reuse safety gear after crash..) great seat IMO.

Thanks again for the comments and support!

PS: If you talk to F1Spec for the seats, make sure to ask for Ming and mention you are a fitfreak.net member and I referred you. Get that discount!

Old 07-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeeeeeah....someone's build thread probably ain't the best place to put up a "for sale" post.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:24 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
that cage looks so good paint matched. it seems rare to see that in these days.

when is the k swap planned to be completed?

Quick Reply: JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!