Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FortHoodFIT
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a National Fit Meet? lol that would be one of the biggest meets in Fit history! I would go.
That would be pretty cool to have a US Fit meet, maybe even a North America Fit meet. Have it located near a city around the center point of the US like either Wichita, Topeka, Kansas City (all 3 in Kansas), Lincoln (Nebraska), Denver (Colorado), or some other city/town in that circle.

Just the trip alone for people to just get there would be interesting to think about with convoys of Fits coming to one place. People might end up having Cannonball/Bullrun/Gumball/Gold Rush style rallies and either high tail it over or party at every spot on the way.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
That would be pretty cool to have a US Fit meet, maybe even a North America Fit meet. Have it located near a city around the center point of the US like either Wichita, Topeka, Kansas City (all 3 in Kansas), Lincoln (Nebraska), Denver (Colorado), or some other city/town in that circle.

Just the trip alone for people to just get there would be interesting to think about with convoys of Fits coming to one place. People might end up having Cannonball/Bullrun/Gumball/Gold Rush style rallies and either high tail it over or party at every spot on the way.
I would so be game, never been to Colorado.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
I would need a passport and a full gun rack

Old 08-12-2011, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
if anyone is interested in low offset wheels with <1k miles on tires, then i have ame shallen lx for sale. 15x8 +25f and +15r

Old 08-12-2011, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
I would so be game, never been to Colorado.
Its niiice there, it probably has the most diverse scenery there out of any of the states in the US. Has mountains (of course), plenty of hills, forests, desert areas, and plains throughout the state.

On one section of highway that I can't remember at the moment, you can see a section of Pike's Peak off in the distance about a mile or two from the road. It looked like a giant rock wall if from you looked from its base all the way up towards the top which disappears into the clouds.

Originally Posted by Black3sr
I would need a passport and a full gun rack
Only in 'Merica.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Lol yea the cannon ball run with Fits would be amazing. Maybe get all the fits in tx to take a road trip to cali or something and grab every fit club in the states we go through. Then park all along the beach and take pics. Lol I'd have to get a loan to make that trip. It cost me $160-180 to get to Salt Lake, Ut. And I drove through the left bottom tip of Co. It was really breath taking, the scenery if you have never seen mountains up close is very spectacular. If Steve hosts another meet I think Tx Fits should make a road trip up to Utah, maybe bring some tents and camp out at a rest stop lol cause I can't drive 23 hours straight. I think either those two ideas would be fun as hell to do but probably impossible with yalls work scheduling and school. All I have to do is take leave, I got vacation time building up I can take lol.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'm on permanent vacation but I would need to kidnap a chiropractor and have an adjustment done on my entire skeletal system about every 10 to 12 hours.. FortHoodFit, I want you to know that I love your enthusiasm.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Can anyone direct me to a DIY to remove my driver seat? I dropped my wedding ring down the center console and can't find it

Old 08-13-2011, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
What chassis generation do you have? I forgot and don't want to look run a search. LOL

Anyway, here is a link if you have the older GD chassis. Mind you, this might be for right had drive but still some what relevant.

Front Seat Removal/Installation (L12A/L13A)

Old 08-13-2011, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
What chassis generation do you have? I forgot and don't want to look run a search. LOL

Anyway, here is a link if you have the older GD chassis. Mind you, this might be for right had drive but still some what relevant.

Front Seat Removal/Installation (L12A/L13A)
oops, I have the 2010 Sport. I'll check out the guide. Couldn't find anything relevant in the search so thanks!

Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Man I have yet to see a 2010 - 2011 Fit, the honda dealer hete is still selling 09's. Lol good for me cause they hold parts in stock that I need. I finally got my door visors and I got my wipe blades replaced, they have been ripped for Idk how long.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Round Rock isn't that far from you

Old 08-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Man I have yet to see a 2010 - 2011 Fit, the honda dealer hete is still selling 09's. Lol good for me cause they hold parts in stock that I need. I finally got my door visors and I got my wipe blades replaced, they have been ripped for Idk how long.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nuwde
Can anyone direct me to a DIY to remove my driver seat? I dropped my wedding ring down the center console and can't find it
Just pop the caps of and take a 10mm wrench to the bolts. May want to disconnect battery first so as not to set off airbag.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks, I will be trying this today. I don't plan on actually removing it from the car, just going to see if I can shake it a bit and find my ring (maybe some other goodies, too)!

You don't suppose I need to disconnect battery anyway, do you?

Old 08-14-2011, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nuwde
Thanks, I will be trying this today. I don't plan on actually removing it from the car, just going to see if I can shake it a bit and find my ring (maybe some other goodies, too)!

You don't suppose I need to disconnect battery anyway, do you?
If you are not moving much it should be OK w/o disconnecting.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
I would go ahead and disconnect the battery.. Just be sure that you know the 5 digit code for the radio... It would be dangerous if the air bag was to go off and expensive to replace.. An air bag deploying could kill you.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
The temperature dropped 30 degrees and it is raining... I have been outside with the old lady and mutt dancing around with my face pointed toward the sky... I'm going back out and enjoy it some more.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The temperature dropped 30 degrees and it is raining... I have been outside with the old lady and mutt dancing around with my face pointed toward the sky... I'm going back out and enjoy it some more.
Oh my gosh. I am so happy for you! Maybe it will get down here at some point. We are parched!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:22 PM
You and all of Texas. :/ the rain kinda goes around base, it never hits us. Oh but noooo, when hell freezes over we get rain and sleet to make things difficult on these hill infested lands.:/ darn fort hood. I had to push my Sgts car up a hill before I got my fit. That sucked, it almost slid back a couple times too. Can't wait to see what mother nature has for is this winter.

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread