The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

I fucking hate 95% of you here

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Yes, to get back on topic... some people just blindly post a question that's been answered over and over again. BUT-

Some things are hard to search for.

For example- when I searched for GPS the website said it was too short a term to search for.

And if you search for snow tires or wheel sizes you get so many threads that may not answer your question that after an hour or two of reading I can understand why someone would end up reposting a question that's been answered (but hard to find quickly).

Old 12-31-2010, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
Hasn't THIS thread taken that to new heights! I USE the search function AND when I don't get the answer I hope to AM guilty of sometimes asking newbish questions.
It's just about the most incendiary, immature, POS thing I've ever seen someone "respectable" post on a forum

Back on topic? What's the fucking topic? Bullying and arguing over the stupidest thing in the world, that is now turning political? In the time spent typing out all this shit, half of you could have made enough money applying that time to what you can get paid for, and it would probably offset the costs/benefit of running different octane fuel in the engine for the life of the car!!

If the Wasteland is unmoderated, then I don't want it showing up in my "new posts" feed. The disclaimer was not presented to me prior to clicking on the message.

I've been on forums like this since before some of you could read, and over thousands and thousands of days of keeping up with various ones, I've NEVER seen a thread like this stay open.

The OP is a coward who hasn't come back to even comment - letting someone else do all the dirty work, speaking of whom, I'm not quite sure why he puts so much effort into anything but providing solid info that he is capable of. That'a a lot of energy DSMonsters.

There is such a thing as overdoing it. Your combination of energy and fire is curious to me anyways. Not really very normal, dude. Must be fueled by something that I am unfamiliar with in life. I could use 10% of your determination.

Yall know what the real problem is? Been saying it for months now. The forum is poorly organized. For whatever reason, I can't find anything on here without searching. This isn't google. It's a message forum - and the worst one I've ever been a part of in that way.

I, for one, will always be happy to help people with little things on their car, because people prefer to interact with another person in case any other questions come up. I see nothing wrong with this, nor do I about people posting new pics of the car that THEY are proud of just buying. It's also a role that people like me can play on the forum, leaving all these other people to handle power-adding wisdom and what have you. Why are those people mad at the threads that are so obvious, you don't need to click on them to know what they are. If it's just static to you, then maybe try increasing the signal of what you want instead of adding negativity to the board. It's more destructive that you know. I'm not as enthused anymore about this place honestly.

Sucks.

Empathy. Some people need to try it on here, but I doubt they are capable.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Not trying to ruffle feathers, but if you have a weak stomach, why would you click on a thread titled "I fucking hate 95% of you here?" It's pretty clear that it is a wasteland topic even if it did show up in "your" new posts feed.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:44 AM
true

Originally Posted by hayden
Empathy. Some people need to try it on here, but I doubt they are capable.
Humanity in general has trouble with that one. fitFreaks are no different.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thefit09
Not trying to ruffle feathers, but if you have a weak stomach, why would you click on a thread titled "I fucking hate 95% of you here?" It's pretty clear that it is a wasteland topic even if it did show up in "your" new posts feed.
Weak stomach!??

If you only knew dude.

I'm a justice person. This thread is not aimed at me, and if it is, I don't care. Standing up for the forum, because more than a few people who were more directly involved, are probably not going to have the same kind of fitfreak experience as before, and for no good reason. Make sense? Some people just feel that way in the world. A lot of times they become professionals that do the same thing, which is to help people, or stand up for the little guy and point out injustice when it comes up.

You have a peace sign on the side of your car. What's THAT all about then?

Old 12-31-2010, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
Humanity in general has trouble with that one. fitFreaks are no different.
I read a study yesterday about how college kids now vs. 30 years ago are far less empathic. Who Cares? Not College Students: Study Finds Co-ed Empathy Decreasing - TIME NewsFeed

Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Why is there so much win in this thread?

Btw just spent the last 16 hours in the garage working on the fit. Used up my entire day off from work. Crushed a finger and cut my palm. What did the sissies do? Don't get a paper cut from the Volk catalog.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 12-31-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
This is almost the exact same shit that goes through my mind at least once a week here.

But there are still that 5% who are genuinely cool guys going out of their way to learn many of whom have decades of real experience to share as well, and are actual car enthusiasts who happen to own a Fit.

Hang in there man! Like Dee said, sometimes you need to just take a break

No worries. I'm not actually mad, just... Disappointed

Old 12-31-2010, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden

You have a peace sign on the side of your car. What's THAT all about then?
A lot of things you probably wouldn't understand.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
What did the sissies do? Don't get a paper cut from the Volk catalog.
Yeah, pretty much! haha

My ass hurts from sitting in a chair in front of a screen for a few days of holiday down time.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thefit09
A lot of things you probably wouldn't understand.
Try me in person sometime should the opportunity ever arise!

Last edited by hayden; 12-31-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Why is there so much win in this thread?

Btw just spent the last 16 hours in the garage working on the fit. Used up my entire day off from work. Crushed a finger and cut my palm. What did the sissies do? Don't get a paper cut from the Volk catalog.
Wow! You can spend 16 hours working on an autotragic Honda Fit and not improve it in any way! HIGH FIVE!

Whereas, I can spend a couple hundred and get strong, lightweight, good looking wheels or buy nice, high quality coilovers.

MIND ASPLODED

Note to self: Never buy any cars/parts from the OP

Old 12-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Slowbros
Wow! You can spend 16 hours working on an autotragic Honda Fit and not improve it in any way! HIGH FIVE!

Whereas, I can spend a couple hundred and get strong, lightweight, good looking wheels or buy nice, high quality coilovers.

MIND ASPLODED

So you've got me wondering, is concentrating that much stupid into one post painful?

Old 12-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
So you've got me wondering, is concentrating that much stupid into one post painful?
Where's the stupid? I'm sure whatever he did, his car was not improved.

And for the few hundred for volks/coilovers

It's very possible

Old 12-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Peace on Earth
Goodwill to All

Happy New Year!!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
In the meantime I'll put the gas in the car that Honda ...(edited)... suggest.
Just to check, what gas did Honda suggest?

Last I checked, they said "87 or higher." Meaning, the only suggestion they have is a minimum. And this is from the very car manufacturer you are talking about.

I'm not saying it's the same as computers... but rarely do you ever want to play games using the minimum specs.

Otherwise, I'm not entering the debate about premium vs regular.

But yes KC, Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Just to check, what gas did Honda suggest?

Last I checked, they said "87 or higher." Meaning, the only suggestion they have is a minimum. And this is from the very car manufacturer you are talking about.

I'm not saying it's the same as computers... but rarely do you ever want to play games using the minimum specs.

Otherwise, I'm not entering the debate about premium vs regular.

But yes KC, Happy New Year!
That is the way I interpret it also and the difference is apparent on a scan gauge... This is an engine that international sanctioning bodies have created a new racing class for (Formula 4) and is being used in experimental aircraft and helicopters. It is capable of adjusting the timing and air to fuel ratios that maximize it's efficiency by using higher than the minimum required fuel... What I hear Honda saying is that 87 octane isn't going to hurt anything... It has a compression ratio of 10.4 to 1 which is higher than a lot of cars that are specified to run on premium fuel only.... One more thing, you can feel a difference between 87 and 93 octane.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Peace on Earth

Goodwill to All

Happy New Year!!
This. You freaks.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:12 PM
I don't know anything about racing but I'm a pilot so I know a bit about aviation engines.

Experimental means, essentially, homebuilt. That someone puts a car engine in a homebuilt plane doesn't sell me on the idea and I wouldn't fly one.

Here are a few ways real aircraft piston engines differ from car engines:

1. Redundancy. An engine failure in a car isn't as unforgiving as in a plane, so airplane engines have, for example, two spark plugs per cylinder, two magnetos, etc.

2. Almost always air-cooled, although they typically have a small oil cooler.

3. No transmission. As a result they tend to run for long periods of time near max. rpm. This alone is apparently a major factor in engine design, and also aircraft engine oil is not the same as auto engine oil.

4. Air/fuel ratios are typically adjusted by the pilot via a knob (the mixture control) though a couple of new engines have electronic controls that do this automatically. It takes almost forever for new technology to make it into aircraft engines, due to FAA requirements and the obvious risks involved in engine failures. And the mixture needs adjustment because air pressure's a lot lower at 10 or 20 thousand feet. Oh, it's a lot colder up there too.

Even now there are debates in aviation of the risks and benefits of running aircraft engines rich vs. lean.

5. While newer engines will run on unleaded, avgas is almost always 100 octane low lead (in the U.S.) and older engines won't necessarily run on unleaded so they continue to add lead to avgas. For a very long time the industry has been working on a solution to this problem but so far there hasn't been a consensus and so they're still adding lead.

I am not saying that higher octane fuel won't help but if it does, I wonder why Honda wouldn't be saying that while 87 is just fine the car may do better with higher octane. Or why, for example, Car & Driver, et. al., when testing a car, wouldn't try it also with higher octane fuel and report those results too.

And yes, I know, if there's carbon or if the knock sensor is changing things, sure, higher octane will help. But if those aren't factors, where's the industry on this?

Old 12-31-2010, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Slowbros

MIND ASPLODED

I know it may be difficult to understand but sometimes a project takes more than 45 minutes and sometimes their aren't instructions for it that come in a box. My entire turbo set up probably cost less than your rims.

Quick Reply: I fucking hate 95% of you here