The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

I fucking hate 95% of you here

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I know it may be difficult to understand but sometimes a project takes more than 45 minutes and sometimes their aren't instructions for it that come in a box. My entire turbo set up probably cost less than your rims.
Your turbo set up cost more than my TE37's? Crazy, I didn't know you could get a decent turbo for less than $200.

/Thread.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:03 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i could deff throw a turbo kit together for less than 2 grand.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb Be Nice Lyon

Lyon This is a perfect example of :

Proverbs 15

1 A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.

This will just get worse all this negativity is absolutely not needed here. I can not agree with any of this. We all have a love for the Fit and when the noobs come on board we'er just exspressing the excitment of owning our Fits. So find something else to spend your time doing if this isn't your cup 'o tea anymore. But ya didn't need to be so rude.
And ya I know I'm just an old dude that has a bling Fit and if you want you can slam me for that, so be it, but it makes me happy, and the older you get it's nice to find something that ya can say that about. Just say'n if ya don't have something nice to say don't say something you'll live to regret.
Take Care Lyon,
Mike Perrenoud

PS you have put out some great info here keep it up.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-31-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Brain Champagne Shaun, from what I understand, when manufacturers run the engines on chassis dynos they do use higher octane fuel if the ECU is capable of optimizing power from it.... In the old days they actually cheated using open exhaust and intake as well as tweaking the timing and putting the proper sized jets in carburetors to make the most power possible... This topic is old hat on this forum and elsewhere but in one of the older threads here a tuner that I believe might have been a tech at Honda and others that at that time had communication with H.O.A. and were informed that there was more power to be had by using high octane fuel in their cars... I have experience in race tuning motorcycles and in my early 20s I owned a VW repair shop and managed a service station in Dallas.... I'm an old guy that is frugal with money but my vice is messing around with machines and improving their performance... When there is no snow on the ground and you can drive normally you can see for yourself whether your car does or doesn't run better and get better fuel Mileage by simply using the 93 octane stuff.... You may want to kick yourself in the ass for not having done so sooner..... I'll send you a check or do a pay pal transaction for the difference in the cost of 93 octane premium and the 87 octane regular fuel you are now using if there isn't a difference in fuel mileage and or performance.. All you have to do is drive like you normally do on 2 tanks after getting a baseline based on 2 tanks of 87 octane before filling up with 93 octane... It takes 12.8 gallons for me to fill my tank to the top of the filler tube after about 40 miles of driving and my tank isn't empty then so if you only put 10.8 gallons in on the first tank you aren't going to have 100% 97 octane fuel in your tank... The 2nd tank should perform better than the 1st because of this. If you were close by I would loan you my scan gauge so you could witness the changes in the percentage of throttle being used at a given speed and difference in the ignition timing advance.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
This post is with regards to what people call Lyon's work is/are stupid.

With a vehicle that has absolutely little aftermarket support on making the Fit (GE8) faster, I am very much interested in what Lyon is doing to show what the L15 can handle.

I don't get those people that say that what Lyon is doing are stupid. At least in my opinion, he is doing us the favor of finding out what it takes to "blow up" the engine at his own expense and what's possible to make power reliably, and yes he spent a ton of time working on his car and made no success with lowering the VTEC threshold because all of his work are "custom" and the same goes for his current endeavor for power, 99% is custom work in his own garage.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, click on my sig to find out if 93 oct. made any significant mileage gains for me. Based on my own observation, none and I did use 93 oct. for more than a tank. Though I must say, during the summer months, I noticed that during the first few miles my car (GE8) is driven after just starting it up (cold start), my car would hesitate by a good bit everytime I stepped on the gas pedal after each shift using regular but with premium fuel, it did not hesitate at all. But mileage and but dyno wise, I found no difference.

Lastly, Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Last edited by onemiglandicho; 12-31-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Its not as easy as filling up once because the gas octane averages out and take at least 5 tanks filling up at a half a tank the cost of a good fuel injection cleaner. The ecu adjusts in steps. I have 2 new cars and my wife uses regular and gets 24 last tank. The engine is noisy and revs but dont go nowhere. I use premium since 4 tank I tried 2 tanks of regular and got 36 first 35 second which told me premium was in there from the manufacture before the dealer fill it up. Then I used midgrade and got 37 and then premium 39-40. We both have the same car and she actually has less miles on hers. My 16 year son even noticed it. How much quieter the car is and how easy it was to get to speed and I drive slow compared because I cant get a ticket. Like Tex, DSM said try it out and see, the better mpg come from better efficiencies of the burn meaning that its torque is higher. Torque is what moves the car and HP is how fast the engine works (premium) meaning more work done using less HP and gas.

Last edited by SilverBullet; 01-01-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Alright, I figured nobody would read a post of me venting in the wasteland. I want y'all to know I don't actually have any ill will towards anyone it's not really my thing. Even you slowbro. I just finished tightening the last tbolt. Only about 30 minutes until I finish writing my base tune and fire it up. I'm so stupid excited, downright giddy. Working on this car is therapeutic.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Okay, I've made up my mind. I'm going to turn the key at exactly 12:00 am cst.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 AM
That's the spirit!!!

You be alright, man...

I like reading your tech posts, even though I'll never do more than wheels & tires, maybe springs. It's paid for and warrantied, and my only car. I may do some work on my Suzuki SV650, though...

Old 01-01-2011, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
If I see fireworks in the sky, I'll assume its you!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Happy New Year, ya freaks...

(is it obvious who's got no social life?)

Girlfriend is outta state visiting her parents.

So lonely... sniff...

Oh, well back to bad cable & browsing the web during commercials!

Old 01-01-2011, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
Yep, just as I thought, out driving the shit out of the thing and jacking with A/F ratio or ignition timing.... Probably both..... Hope you make some positive progress, I don't think I can handle it if you get frustrated and ventilate out loud again...

Old 01-01-2011, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
Woot! I have officially built and driven my first boosted honda. Feels good man. Well, until my oil line literally blew up! Oil everywhere.everywhere.. Who the hell makes defective braided oil lines WTF. But o man. When I heard that pssssshhh. Music.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
I guess you are the first to pull off a GE8 turbo.... Congratulations..... Fuck Engine Swaps ........... BOOST Is Best.........Happy New Year >>>>>>> Lyon's got #1<<<<<<<<

Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Woot! I have officially built and driven my first boosted honda. Feels good man. Well, until my oil line literally blew up! Oil everywhere.everywhere.. Who the hell makes defective braided oil lines WTF. But o man. When I heard that pssssshhh. Music.
make sure its far away from any heat. i almost screwed up my engine because my braided oil line was 6 inches from my exhaust manifold. the hose inside the braid melts and ruptures without any signs of wear. thank god for oil press. gauges. i also recommend geting a kevlar coated line for a little more peace of mind.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
:eek :

Got a few questions for ya.

Simple one, it all fits under the hood?!?

Not so simple one, why'd the oil line pop? Was it from heat, pressure or combination?

Lacking the technical knowhow needed (not to mention the $$$) to have a turbo installed, I'll resign myself to watching this on youtube or something... Turbo'd GE8!!!

Congrats on pulling it off!!!

Last edited by Goobers; 01-01-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the offer, Texas Coyote. Money's not an issue for me, and I'm happy to run a test.

I'v opened a new thread to talk about what I plan to do.

It's here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/eco-...tml#post946619

Old 01-01-2011, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Oil line popped where it attaches to the fitting. Failed due to pressure. Didn't even get to drive it long enough to heat it up fully. Had to shut her down the second oil pressure dropped to save the engine. Then had to call a friend to drive me back home to get a jug of oil and another -3an line. I'm just going to let it idle for a few hours and check for leaks before I go street tuning again. And yes it fits under the hood lol, clearance was te big issue with this project though. Every takes twice as long whenyou can only use one hand behind the engine. On the bright side I can now take off the cowl in less than 4 minutes, probably blindfolded.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Well the oil pan was tough too. The fact that it's not leaking after the hack job I did with the liquid gasket is a miracle. It's insane what you have to do to get the pan off to begin with too. 3 component covers have to come off. Ckp sensor has to come off. The drove belt has to come off the ac condensor has to cone off. The pry points are next to impossible to get to. And then when it finally comes loose you realize that there is an omission in the freaking service manual about how you have to disconnect the shift linkage, which is now pinned under the oil pan. I about damn near wanted to fly to japan and slay whatever engineer designed this thing.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Question

Seriously, too many of you are spineless fucktards who spend all day fascinating over rims and drops and posting pointless LMGTFY shit. Then there are those of you who put in an intake and exhaust and think that you are freaking automotive engineers. And then there are those of you who can't do research and post shit about rattles, feeling your wipers in your brakes or nonsense warranty shit because you are too inept to turn a wrench. I hate so many of you. If you spent less time playing fitbook and actually read an automotive article from time to time you might be slightly less retarded. You know who you are. To the rest of you, thank you for your information, insight, experience, and humor.

PS: I'm sick of reading reviews of the fit you just bought. Quit posting that shit. We all own the god damn car and we know what the fuck it's like.

Bad Day Lyon?

Quick Reply: I fucking hate 95% of you here