1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
took out the shifter bezel that had paint chipping... sanded it, cleaned it, and painted it vbp... close enough anyway...

pics to follow after reinstallation...

Old 05-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I got married and drove off into the sunset in it! Pics to follow

Old 05-08-2010, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
^ Congrats!!!

Drove to the airport during the wee hours of the morning and wiped some paw prints off the hood.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
...and wiped some paw prints off the hood.
That is too cute!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Installed my coilovers

Old 05-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member

Here is what my Fit did today! We won this for Top 70 cars from a show that normally does not even acknowledges imports. The show was a big one with lots of American muscle, hot rods and some really nice cars and bikes plus trucks. They were only awarding one tuner trophy but the Fit, a Honda Accord and an Evo actually all made it in the Top 70 listing. We were happy that the judges thought enough of the cars to include us with the more classic cars. A man came up and said he actually owns a Fit but it did not look like mine. He is wanting to mod it but his wife won't let him touch it. I told him about the forum and he said he might join up.

Cat :x

Last edited by Cat; 05-08-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Cat, I am so happy for you and not in the least surprised.... Most people that are into "modding" their Fits are totally dedicated until another fad that becomes the up and coming rage catches their attention.... Currently the after market is creating one thing after another that is trendy and always something else comes along and supersedes it in popularity...... Your car has been recognized for standing out in a venue that represents enthusiast with interest beyond those that frequent this forum and stood out because of the obvious good taste that it exhibits.... Trends and fads fade quickly but class never goes out of style.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Talking :x

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Cat, I am so happy for you and not in the least surprised.... Most people that are into "modding" their Fits are totally dedicated until another fad that becomes the up and coming rage catches their attention.... Currently the after market is creating one thing after another that is trendy and always something else comes along and supersedes it in popularity...... Your car has been recognized for standing out in a venue that represents enthusiast with interest beyond those that frequent this forum and stood out because of the obvious good taste that it exhibits.... Trends and fads fade quickly but class never goes out of style.
Could say it better myself Tex.
Congratulations Cat :x

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 05-09-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
ordered slotted cnc'd and zinc-coated rotors from thatrotorshop.com...

i'll be putting them on with some porterfield r4-s pads... as previously mentioned, i'm tired of the hps lacking initial grip, lower wet grip, and paint-pitting dust...

excited though

Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Drove it to work. Yesterday, took my daughters to my mother's house in it, and my wife went with her sisters and mother to see Date Night. Her reaction was that we need to get a sitter and see it together.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
installed hid fog lights and ordered some more parts...

Old 05-10-2010, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
bought some cleaning supplies to make the fit shine.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Looked at the forecast and sighed as I resign myself to driving the car to work dirty for the next two days. Cleared code 0507 for the three hundredth time. Maybe I should get around to doing the "idle learn" one of these days?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Looked at the forecast and sighed as I resign myself to driving the car to work dirty for the next two days. Cleared code 0507 for the three hundredth time. Maybe I should get around to doing the "idle learn" one of these days?
Please grtpumpkin get it figured out and corrected so I will not be afraid to do the same modification to my manifold..... It is off of the car now so I can change out my injectors and do some other things that will help me get places 30 minutes early when I start out an hour late..... Maybe that only works with a DeLorean in movies.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:02 PM
The only reason i have the idle issue with mine is that hole I made in the roof of the mani while removing the last of the flow restrictor. I made three holes actually, each smaller than the tip of a pencil eraser, and they are proving difficult to patch. The elastic glue i am using works wonders but its proving very tricky sealing those dad-ratted holes! I may work up the nerve to chop open my original OE manifold and modify that one (only without the extra holes LOL) I also want to try my down-sized runner idea. So go ahead and let-er rip man, you won't be sorry!

Old 05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
The only reason i have the idle issue with mine is that hole I made in the roof of the mani while removing the last of the flow restrictor. I made three holes actually, each smaller than the tip of a pencil eraser, and they are proving difficult to patch. The elastic glue i am using works wonders but its proving very tricky sealing those dad-ratted holes! I may work up the nerve to chop open my original OE manifold and modify that one (only without the extra holes LOL) I also want to try my down-sized runner idea. So go ahead and let-er rip man, you won't be sorry!
I remember your post where you talked about what you did. Are you sure its only leaking from those 3 holes? Also have you tried a plastic welder?

Old 05-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Yes, I am sure its only the three holes in the roof that are leaking, i've done the WD40 test and it failed. Yes, I have thought about a plastic welder as well, Harbor Freight and Eastwood both have decent ones at good prices right now. But at the end of the day, the car runs so blessed strong and the idle thing is more of an annoyance than a real problem to me that I just haven't felt like ripping the mani back off to fix it. (hows that for a run on sentence?) I also need to order a new upper mounting flange to replace the one I butchered re-installing the mani the last time I had it out.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
solidified the crutchfield receiver fit-kit with the stock internal metal bracing... no more rattles!

also had the recall done... was quick...

told them about the acceleration ticking and "we don't hear anything out of the ordinary"... typical... so i'm going to readjust the valves myself one of these days...

Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
I am over my budget at the moment and over whelmed due to physical crap and the effects of pain medication on my ability to remember where I sat down a wrench or part that I am looking at or holding in my hand..... I am sold on doing this in the future after I get all of my other stuff finished and pick up a plastic welder..... I think I will see about finding a used plenum chamber online.... I think I need to set up an appointment to have a MRI done on the knee that I took a ridiculously low settlement on after it got screwed up by an old bitch in a brand new 72 Pontiac that ran a stoplight. I was in a 67 Empi VW Beetle and my then girlfriend spent 6 weeks in the hospital.... All of the old injuries you laugh at when you are young will come back to haunt you sooner or later and it gets worse every year without warning....

Old 05-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
It was cold and rainy all day, I usually wash the car on Tuesday but couldn't. It wasn't on the car but I got three of the four wheels put together and ready for tires to be mounted. My tires should come Thursday or Friday along with the rest of the parts for my last wheel. Hopefully I can have the new wheels on the car by next week.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?