07 Can't Get it Started - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

07 Can't Get it Started

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 08-09-2018, 09:36 PM
BLP
BLP is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 9
07 Can't Get it Started

Sorry this post is my first. I dont know where else to turn lol

Searched the forum heavily and havent been able to find a solution to my issue. Here's what im dealing with:

Have owned my 2007 Fit for about 30k with no issues. Currently @ 117k. Drove the car around with no issue yesterday. Even changed the oil. Parked it after work, came out this morning and it wouldnt start... Car turns over fine it just wont fire.

Checked the immobilizer. Operating as it should with no issue (from what I can tell)

After a brief troubleshooting session I came to the conclusion it was most likely a dead fuel pump.
- Couldn't smell fuel after repeatedly trying to start it
- Couldn't hear a fuel pump kick on
- Accessed the fuel pump and disconnected the lines. Turned the car on to see if i would spray fuel in a bottle and nothing.
- Fuse was good, relay clicked, etc...

Ultimately decided to buy a new fuel pump ($60). Installed it and still can't get the car to fire. What am I missing...

Thanks in advance
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-10-2018, 12:33 AM
xxryu139xx's Avatar
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Union, NJ
Posts: 3,325
stupid question? did you try to jumpstart it?
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 AM
GolNat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DE
Posts: 461
Is the CEL on?
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-10-2018, 10:22 AM
BLP
BLP is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 9
No CEL and yes I tried to jump it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-10-2018, 11:37 AM
GAFIT's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cleveland, GA
Posts: 3,624
Have you tried pulling a spark plug out, re-connect the coil and see if you get spark when turning the key? Will need two people.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orange, CA, USA
Posts: 976
Is check engine light on with engine off key on?
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-10-2018, 04:18 PM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by BLP View Post
Sorry this post is my first. I dont know where else to turn lol

Searched the forum heavily and havent been able to find a solution to my issue. Here's what im dealing with:

Have owned my 2007 Fit for about 30k with no issues. Currently @ 117k. Drove the car around with no issue yesterday. Even changed the oil. Parked it after work, came out this morning and it wouldnt start... Car turns over fine it just wont fire.

Checked the immobilizer. Operating as it should with no issue (from what I can tell)

After a brief troubleshooting session I came to the conclusion it was most likely a dead fuel pump.
- Couldn't smell fuel after repeatedly trying to start it
- Couldn't hear a fuel pump kick on
- Accessed the fuel pump and disconnected the lines. Turned the car on to see if i would spray fuel in a bottle and nothing.
-
Fuse was good, relay clicked, etc...

Ultimately decided to buy a new fuel pump ($60). Installed it and still can't get the car to fire. What am I missing...

Thanks in advance
But did you check for power at the fuel pump connector? Did you check for Ground at the connector? Fuel pump won't run if there is no power or ground.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 174
Might be worth a shot, though I'm not sure how you could've tripped it:
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-10-2018, 05:42 PM
GolNat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DE
Posts: 461
Unplug the crankshaft sensor and see if it starts. A bad one can cause a crank no start condition.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-2018, 02:05 PM
BLP
BLP is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by doctor J View Post
Is check engine light on with engine off key on?
CEL is on with the key in the on position. Goes off when you try to start the car.

Borrowed my friends OBD Scanner and it did throw P0302 cylinder 2 misfire
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-11-2018, 02:13 PM
BLP
BLP is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Unplug the crankshaft sensor and see if it starts. A bad one can cause a crank no start condition.
No change with unplugged crank shaft sensor
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-11-2018, 02:47 PM
BLP
BLP is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
But did you check for power at the fuel pump connector? Did you check for Ground at the connector? Fuel pump won't run if there is no power or ground.
Fuel pump is running
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-11-2018, 02:59 PM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by BLP View Post
Fuel pump is running
I'm assuming now that the fuel pump is running you need to check for spark at the plugs and an injection pulse at the injectors.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-11-2018, 08:13 PM
BLP
BLP is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
I'm assuming now that the fuel pump is running you need to check for spark at the plugs and an injection pulse at the injectors.
Replaced the plugs and tested the coil packs. Tested three total. 2 didnt spark, 1 did. After that i figured im replacing all 4 anyways.

Does any one else find it weird (and highly unlikely) i would lose a fuel pump and a couple ignition coils at the same time?
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-11-2018, 08:47 PM
GolNat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DE
Posts: 461
That is weird and highly unlikely. Loosing more than one coil pack is odd but also a fuel pump!!! Honda fuel pumps are very robust! Iím wondering if you have another issue and itís not these isolated things.
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-11-2018, 08:57 PM
BLP
BLP is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
That is weird and highly unlikely. Loosing more than one coil pack is odd but also a fuel pump!!! Honda fuel pumps are very robust! Iím wondering if you have another issue and itís not these isolated things.
Fully agree. Running out of options... car had no issues. Changed oil around noon (oil levels are fine). Drove it home from work at 5pm. Parked it at 6pm. Cranks but wont fire at 7am the next morning
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-11-2018, 09:13 PM
GolNat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DE
Posts: 461
How did you test the immobilizer? I believe it will still allow the car to turn over but cuts fuel and spark.

It also can have a code and not show a CEL.

In the service manual low key fob voltage could be an issue.
 

Last edited by GolNat; 08-11-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-11-2018, 09:24 PM
BLP
BLP is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
How did you test the immobilizer? I believe it will still allow the car to turn over but cuts fuel and spark.

It also can have a code and not show a CEL.

In the service manual low key fob voltage could be an issue.
i just watched the dash light. Solid then goes off. No blinking.

Only code was P0302 but ive never had a CEL so im not convinced its relevant to my current issues.

Car didnt have a service manual so I dont have one. Only have 1 key for it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Aussie
Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs
0
03-27-2017 07:30 PM
theloxmyth
Off Topic Discussion
8
02-22-2009 07:58 PM
Rogue Fit
Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy
192
12-11-2008 05:24 PM
osarias
Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications
17
04-13-2008 08:04 PM
quikcat
General Fit Talk
0
05-28-2007 07:11 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 Can't Get it Started


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.