2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interesting facts: little stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Gas Tank Location

This may be old news for most but I'm a first time Fit buyer - just picked up a 2012 Sport AT weeks ago. Car & Driver noted that the gas tank is under the driver and front passenger seat!! Cool!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by DennisCTC
This may be old news for most but I'm a first time Fit buyer - just picked up a 2012 Sport AT weeks ago. Car & Driver noted that the gas tank is under the driver and front passenger seat!! Cool!
Yeah, it's funky, because you can often hear the fuel sloshing around, and it sounds like it's really close, haha.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by JoeB
I noticed a small light below the dash that illuminates the front console cup holders - comes on with the headlights. Is this new for 2012? I don't see it in my son's '09 Fit Sport M/T.
Yes, that's a 2012 feature.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip
So the alarm is only set if you make it beep? I must have missed that...
No, press once to lock the car and set the alarm, press again to beep the horn (let's you know for sure the first press worked).

Now my question:

My rear wiper only does intermittent, there are no other speed settings on it. Is this correct or a problem? Is this a sport vs non-sport issue? The rear spoiler on the sport perhaps shields the window so less wiping is needed.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Wiper stuff

Originally Posted by georget99
No, press once to lock the car and set the alarm, press again to beep the horn (let's you know for sure the first press worked).

Now my question:

My rear wiper only does intermittent, there are no other speed settings on it. Is this correct or a problem? Is this a sport vs non-sport issue? The rear spoiler on the sport perhaps shields the window so less wiping is needed.
My GD 08 Sport's rear wiper is not intermittent, but my GE 09 is intermittent. I prefer the 09 intermittent. Speaking of wipers, try this. put your front wipers on, but not your rear wipers, then back the car up... the rear wipers will operate on their own. This works in the 09, but not the 08.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ShadowMoses
Yeah, it's funky, because you can often hear the fuel sloshing around, and it sounds like it's really close, haha.
Strange... I have never heard any sloshing from either of my Fits and at any level of fuel. I'll have to pay more attention. My cars are 08 and 09... maybe the 2012 tank is manufactured differently.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by einstein77
Strange... I have never heard any sloshing from either of my Fits and at any level of fuel. I'll have to pay more attention. My cars are 08 and 09... maybe the 2012 tank is manufactured differently.
Must be, because I hear something sloshing, too.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Took off my front plate...

...to wax the whole front bumper. I was surprised to find that the dealer did not drill into the face of the bumper but attached it to the underside. So I'm going to see how long I can go without a front plate - looks so much cleaner! NY requires it, but I'm curious how long before a sheriff or state trooper notices. Just in case, I'll keep the plate in the car.
(not sure if this fits with this thread, but it is sort of a little thing/surprise...)

Old 12-24-2011, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeB
...to wax the whole front bumper. I was surprised to find that the dealer did not drill into the face of the bumper but attached it to the underside. So I'm going to see how long I can go without a front plate - looks so much cleaner! NY requires it, but I'm curious how long before a sheriff or state trooper notices. Just in case, I'll keep the plate in the car.
(not sure if this fits with this thread, but it is sort of a little thing/surprise...)
I think the only people who can get away without running a front license plate in NY are Corvette owners. I have yet to see a Corvette around here running a front license plate. Apparently, cops figure that if you're rich enough to own a new 'Vette, you must be somebody with money, power and influence-somebody who could make trouble for a cop. I doubt many of us Fit drivers would be perceived the same way. At least I'm not willing to try it.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I think the only people who can get away without running a front license plate in NY are Corvette owners. I have yet to see a Corvette around here running a front license plate. Apparently, cops figure that if you're rich enough to own a new 'Vette, you must be somebody with money, power and influence-somebody who could make trouble for a cop. I doubt many of us Fit drivers would be perceived the same way. At least I'm not willing to try it.
The requirement for a front plate is the same in CT, but hundreds of people ignore it, as well.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Not having a front plate means that if they do pull you over, it's one more ticket they write, and maybe less likelihood they just let you off with a warning. Also anywhere you park they can probably ticket you just for that...

Old 12-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by IfTheFoo
The other day I was on a drive and I noticed a little dust on the display in the headunit. Well, I used my finger to wipe it off, touching both the plastic bezel and the plastic surround. The static electricity produced made the display sorta freak out, and me too ;-)

It eventually faded out. Whew.
What happened to the Norton in your avitar?

Old 01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
i have a 2012 and the seats lock in the reclined position or am I pushing it too far back?

Old 01-06-2012, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by True Adrian
i have a 2012 and the seats lock in the reclined position or am I pushing it too far back?
Which seats?

The rear seats lock in one of TWO positions. Not completely vertical and slightly reclined (that's what I call them).

The front seats should lock in a range of positions, from near vertical to near horizontal.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:26 AM
rear seats, okay perfect... I had read somewhere here that they didnt lock in the reclined position.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
Not having a front plate means that if they do pull you over, it's one more ticket they write, and maybe less likelihood they just let you off with a warning. Also anywhere you park they can probably ticket you just for that...
Ya here out in Cali they would just give you another ticket when you get pulled over or if they really wanted to be mean they can just pull you over for not having a front plate. Most cars out here do have the front license plate though.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Theres' a huge double standard out here in Oregon. As long as your car is new looking they wont pull you over for it and even if they do they just give you a verbal warning. So i'll see how long I can go without putting one on.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Holy Crow

I'm a new owner and I just read all 13 pages. I learned a lot! Thanks for the tips!