2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got a ticket (story)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
hahahaha
i cant argue with that.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
X2. If I saw that stupid shit in a parking lot I'd be drawn to remove them for you.

LMFAO! awesome. just awesome

Old 05-11-2010, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
soooo. are you going to fix it? what has happened? or what will you do?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM
well your right i did forget that i said that and while this guy said it needed to be fixed i talked to another cop today and i found out you can have pipes from 2ft. up to 11 ft.! hahah but besides that im going to fight it and i will not remove it yet... if i do remove it i will get my ticket writen off and install a better looking new set of boso pipes that same day haha

but your right this exhaust is loud... not as loud as my megan racing muffler but it is louder then stock, i have had 4 exhaust on my fit now. all of them have been custom and all different kinds of mufflers so i have had all the different volumes i have also had a civic that was ear drum shattering because it had a d16z6 with a header high flow cat and 2.5in cat back to a cheap ebay muffler that was gutted by the previous owner, and a 240sx with exhaust that made it sound like u talk through a fan because it had no cats and a 3in. hks high power it shot flames in between shifts and on the down rev hahah . all these cars have been in san diego too and none of them got tickets haha.

but this car isnt that loud so idk what is going to happen when i try to write it off maybe i will have to put in a muffler(?) but i will fight to keep my boso pipes! and i mean honestly can some one tell me why exhaust sticking out is such a bad thing? jeeps and trucks have snorkels sticking out the front and no one says anything? semi trucks also have exhaust that stick up too and in san diego i have seen all different size trucks (ex. ford f150-350, dodge cummings turbo disels(idk how to spell), toyota tacos (tacomas) )with the same stacks comming out their trucks and they never get hassled!

besides this ticket wasnt writen in san diego i was in san francisco haha to be more exact these werent chp these were campus police and here they have as much power and kinda are normal police so the ticket just gets sent to some place downtown so now i have to deal with it there(?i think?). but im not going to be in sf by that time ill be in sd... so i have to ask to get the tickets court moved to san diego and if it does they cop will not drive 400+ miles to fight some ticket, and if the cop doesnt show to court you get sent free! hahaha i kno because it happened to me and my friends for our speeding tickets!

but if it doesnt then ill have to find that kool cop i found today to write off my ticket hahahah!

Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by sandblasted
LMFAO! awesome. just awesome

haha well come with a saw cuz they are welded of and please leave them i willnt reuse them but i want them on my wall hahah

Old 05-11-2010, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baylorbro
It is incredibly ridiculous, but he should be able to have it on his car if he wants. Have you seen some of the haircuts people have these days? If people can have mullets then he should be able to have those pipes.
The only mullets I have seen in recent years is on tattooed women that dress like men..... Where have you been hanging out Bro???

Old 05-11-2010, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The only mullets I have seen in recent years is on tattooed women that dress like men..... Where have you been hanging out Bro???
Have you not been in a Wal-Mart?

~SB

Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
11' pipes?!?! I can understand the law is written that way probably because of semi-trucks and whatnot with their exhausts pointed up in the air. This is something I wish Japan would adopt so the exhaust from buses and other big vehicles doesn't pour into your open window or choke you as you walk down the street.

Here you can't legally have anything extend past your bumper and it was changed recently even more that it can not even be equal with the bumper's edge I believe, has to be tucked back some.

I do believe you should be able to do what you want with your possessions to an extent. If something is completely unsafe, say spikes welded to the chassis to hit jaywalkers (not such a bad thing) then that should be questioned by authority. If they want to call this unsafe because of the hot exhaust pipes and somebody possibly coming into contact with it, well then let Darwinism happen in my opinion.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 PM
ecl
5 Year Member
LOL, the entire thread changed after seeing the pics hehe

Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
Have you not been in a Wal-Mart?

~SB
Not since New Years Eve and I must admit that it was a real trip.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
i would assume the OP's exhaust is a safety hazard. you might back up into someone and maybe cause injury. you do know you live in the US right... safety is a number one concern and people will sue you for anything and everything.

i remember when you first posted with pictures of your exhaust and i thought youll be obviously be pulled over for it. also, from a psychological standpoint if people see something they are unfamiliar with they will ridicule, intrigue, fear, dislike, even sometimes hate it. i dont know why people are like this, if a COP thinks it need fixing you should fix it. on the other hand if your friends told you to fix it you can just say f' off and get on with but, it was a COP.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
taken staright from the dmv website, it says my car cant be moddified to make more noise well i didnt moddify it to do that i did it for other reasons but when this cop pulled me over i was proabably barley hitting 2-3 rpms so my exhaust is extremely quiet at those noises
I'm sorry, but the cop isn't going to believe the real reason you wanted to modify your exhaust. I hope before you started working on your car that you realized that you would stick out like a sore thumb. Unintentional or not, your car is now louder than stock.

It's California, people. There are so many dumb laws here.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
I can see where the police officer was coming from. (Hopefully.) If you had parked your car after a long drive and I happened to be talking to someone while walking by it in the parking lot, what's to stop me from touching it with my arms, hands or legs? Or even someone's annoying little child? You said it yourself: HOT. If that thing burned me, it wouldn't be removed, it would be transplanted. Semi trucks have a heat guard around their tall exhaust pipes, whereas this does not.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Hhahahahaha

Ever been to Wacky Waco? You'll see all kinds of weird crap here!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
Have I been to Wacko Waco???? I lived on a V.A. Psychiatric unit there for a total of 6 months but I didn't have a mullet.... In fact I hadn't had a shave or hair cut for a number of years during that episodic period of my illustrious life..... I really enjoyed it there and I knew how to get along well since I'd been a ward supervisor at the state mental hospital in Terrell 15 years earlier.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
I love Waco. Not many people that go to Baylor do, but I'm a big fan. Despite having one of the highest homeless rates in America, it's a great "little" city. If it hadn't been hit by the huge F5 Tornado in the 50's, it very well may have been a city similar to Austin in size. But I like it the way it is.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
ok now what makes this exhaust so bad? if i had my stock exhaust and this exhaust tip was attached to look like it was part of my exhaust, then would i still get an illegal exhaust mod?

people attach things to their cars all the time; roof racks, ladders, tow hooks, even boat propellers so i dont see why making it a working exhaust or making a fake would matter. and because of this, i dont see why i cant have it on my car, and have any of you heard my car? it isnt that loud i thought it would be way way way louder but the l15 just isnt too noisy
Your exhaust is sticking out to far...it's that simple. I used to live in SD and they have a special task force that go out and look for cars just like yours. Be glad one of them didn't stop you. They have stopped me before and had me pop the hood, measured my headlight height as well as ground clearance and tested the Db on my exhaust!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bmxman
Your exhaust is sticking out to far...it's that simple. I used to live in SD and they have a special task force that go out and look for cars just like yours. Be glad one of them didn't stop you. They have stopped me before and had me pop the hood, measured my headlight height as well as ground clearance and tested the Db on my exhaust!
And the Cali govt. wonders where the tax $$$ are going. Stupid task forces like this and wild ecological projects.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BraytonAK
I can see where the police officer was coming from. (Hopefully.) If you had parked your car after a long drive and I happened to be talking to someone while walking by it in the parking lot, what's to stop me from touching it with my arms, hands or legs? Or even someone's annoying little child? You said it yourself: HOT. If that thing burned me, it wouldn't be removed, it would be transplanted. Semi trucks have a heat guard around their tall exhaust pipes, whereas this does not.
exactly..I posted abut this in his last thread when he actually showed the mod. It's a safety hazard and I can guarantee you if some one did get burned especially a little kid....his insurance company would leave him with the bill. I wonder if fitisbamf has any idea how much people can sue for if they receive 3rd degree burns!

Never mind the fact if anyone likes it or not, it's a safety hazard and a liability!

Old 05-12-2010, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baylorbro
And the Cali govt. wonders where the tax $$$ are going. Stupid task forces like this and wild ecological projects.
not that it matters but this was during the peak of street racing in SD..I think they have since dissolved the task force after declaring it a huge success and honestly they saved a lot of lives...it seemed like someone was dying or getting seriously injured almost weekly for a while.

Last edited by bmxman; 05-12-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Quick Reply: got a ticket (story)