2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

got a ticket (story)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Finally on page 6, TC gets to the point!
This is where I agree with TC. it's not the same country... (where I disagree is it's better... Not perfect... but better. Racism is down, women can vote, etc... Granted not everything is necessarily better in everyone's opinions but if we look at the big things... I'd say racism is way more important than the police taking liberty to pull some guy over because of obviously unsafe tailpipes... yup... the country is definitely going in the right direction.

woohoo... I pushed it to page 7

~SB

Old 05-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by score04w
i laugh when there's a lawsuit aganist you.

its good to kno fit owners can get along

Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
I think racism sucks, but it unfortunately is still alive and well when the majority of non Hispanic citizens polled approve of racial profiling laws in Arizona.... The people of this country are trading freedoms for security and comfort, women have the right to vote but very few of them or anyone else does because it is corporate lobbying that determines who gets elected and we pay while they profit from bail outs..... Law enforcement and the judicial system is making lawyers rich and adding to the profits of corporate run prison facilities that funnel campaign contributions to county, state and federal prosecutors and judges to give maximum sentences to young people that are guilty of victim less crimes to exploit them as slave laborers that produce products for more corporate profit..... I can go on but it just upsets me to think about so much that is so openly wrong that is ignored or glossed over by corporate owned media outlets..... I agree that things were going in the right direction for awhile and looking really good until 1980.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by malraux
Stoves, lighters, matches, etc, don't sit in places where it's easy to brush up against them while walking in parking lots. 300 degree exposed metal is dangerous and a hazard to everyone else.
exactly, how do you not understand this fitisbamf???

Last edited by bmxman; 05-13-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
The cop's job is not to ask "why." They are just the ones enforcing/applying. We have a legislative process...if the law is bogus or does not apply, go watch some schoolhouse rock and start lobbying to get it fixed. Arguing with the cop or even the judge is not the way to get it fixed. If you want to know why, look up the wording of the law or maybe ask your representative.

But something tells me that's not what this is about anyway since in your other thread you flat-out declare that you know you will get heat from the cops for this set-up sooner or later. Yet now what you predicted would happen has happened...and you seem surprised and annoyed.
agreed...asking why is a moot point the law already exists....stop complaining about it and do something about it...then again it's far easier to just complain.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by bmxman
agreed...asking why is a moot point the law already exists....stop complaining about it and do something about it...then again it's far easier to just complain.

well i am i just need this ticket to get into the comp system haha

Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
exactly, how do you not understand this fitisbamf???

what are you talkin about wall outlets are close to the ground where babyies or little children can get ahold of them, but adaults have to bend down to pulg shit in! it hurts my back everytime and im 19! and idk about you but im not perfect and sometimes i hit my stove and the little knob turns leaving on gas, now that is dangerous but i want to be a mechanical engineer haha so i think a little different

Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
what are you talkin about wall outlets are close to the ground where babyies or little children can get ahold of them
Your comparisons are completely illogical...you can't compare a wall outlet in someone's home to you car out in public. I would think out of concern for the safety of others you would do something about your exhaust. How would you feel if some 6 year old kid was burned really badly while her mom was loading up groceries parked next to your car?

There is a good chance it could happen. You have no idea how many times I have had to stop someone from touching my car because of how it looks. You exhaust has a unique look and that will draw people in.

Think about it!!

Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM
what are you talkin about wall outlets are close to the ground where babyies or little children can get ahold of them, but adaults have to bend down to pulg shit in! it hurts my back everytime and im 19! and idk about you but im not perfect and sometimes i hit my stove and the little knob turns leaving on gas, now that is dangerous but i want to be a mechanical engineer haha so i think a little different
exposed live wires is a better comparison. Shockingly, those are also dangerous.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Your comparisons are completely illogical...you can't compare a wall outlet in someone's home to you car out in public. I would think out of concern for the safety of others you would do something about your exhaust. How would you feel if some 6 year old kid was burned really badly while her mom was loading up groceries parked next to your car?

There is a good chance it could happen. You have no idea how many times I have had to stop someone from touching my car because of how it looks. You exhaust has a unique look and that will draw people in.

Think about it!!

not even when i was young i remember one of the out lets in the house would shoot sparks haha it was sick! but i use the house as a logical comparison because the kid would be in the house so much more then he would be for 5 seconds next to my car cuz his mother (like most) tell the kid to get in the car so they dont get hit. your example is just like earlier, if some1 is jay walkin and they touch my exhaust is it wrong they got burnt? they were breaking the law, but i was too so who is wrong?

that is just like a case i heard of this man breaking into a house but he falls through the sky light and breaks his leg. well the house owners wake up the cops come he goes and talks to a lawyer and he ends up sueing (idk if thats how you spell that???) the house owners because he got hurt on their property! and he wins!

so tell me who was wrong the house owners for not having a strong enough sky light or the man trying to break into the house(whos intentions are unkown...)?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 AM
not even when i was young i remember one of the out lets in the house would shoot sparks haha it was sick! but i use the house as a logical comparison because the kid would be in the house so much more then he would be for 5 seconds next to my car cuz his mother (like most) tell the kid to get in the car so they dont get hit. your example is just like earlier, if some1 is jay walkin and they touch my exhaust is it wrong they got burnt? they were breaking the law, but i was too so who is wrong?

that is just like a case i heard of this man breaking into a house but he falls through the sky light and breaks his leg. well the house owners wake up the cops come he goes and talks to a lawyer and he ends up sueing (idk if thats how you spell that???) the house owners because he got hurt on their property! and he wins!

so tell me who was wrong the house owners for not having a strong enough sky light or the man trying to break into the house(whos intentions are unkown...)?
You realizing in this case, you're both the guy with the bad skylight (by having a dangerous item on your vehicle) and the burglar (by breaking several laws on what is allowed on a car).

Old 05-14-2010, 01:32 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Why is this thread still going? The cop didnt tell you what needs to be fixed BECAUSE ITS OBVIOUS. the exhaust is illegal PERIOD. None of your comparisons matter. Its just like buying a shotgun then sawing down the barrel and Butt... ITS ILLEGAL. Go fight the ticket... you wont win.