2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate/Hack the USB Audio Interface?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Unhappy bluetooth and ipod menu please

Quoting old thread, BUT

[QUOTE=Amp300;939413]

List of gripes:

1) Navigating through a large drive or iPod is so slow as to make it barely usable.

2) Standard categories from the iPod are not displayed as playback options (e.g. there is no "Podcasts" or "Audiobooks" option unless you manually make playlists for those).

3) The display in "audio" mode lacks information I would like (e.g. time played, time remaining, album art, etc.) and does not display enough characters for long titles (e.g. most podcasts titles are not displayed in full).

4) The annual update DVDs for the navigation system cost as much as a decent after-market navigation unit from Garmin or TomTom ($185-200 depending on when you buy).

5) The navigation system is not connected to a network and does not get traffic updates, construction alerts, etc.

6) The navigation system does not have an option to pick the "most efficient" route of the various routing options.

7) The navigation search features do not take your location into account for all searches.

8) The unit does not have Bluetooth/A2DP.

9) Unlike the standard Fit stereo, the nav stereo does not have RDS/RBDS to identify what is being played on terrestrial radio.

10) The voice control features are comically bad and you cannot do spoken searches (i.e. what most people now do with an Android phone).

[B]it's my own fault for not doing sufficient research, I feel taken advantage of by Honda and the dealer that up-sold me this woefully bad system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMEN! I am so frustrated. I wish, wish I had read this before I bought my car. What is frustrating is that some of the technology is there. Like Bluetooth, which was thought I was getting. I just really hope that Honda will release a system update that we have the option of.