2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 02:01 AM
well if the '07 fit becomes very rare, we should make a custom emblem for it, like put limited edition under the fit emblem in the back or something like that

Old 08-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by firstshadow
well if the '07 fit becomes very rare, we should make a custom emblem for it, like put limited edition under the fit emblem in the back or something like that
That would be awesome.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:02 AM
this makes sense to me. maybe this is part of the reason they are only making a limited supply of fits this year. i mean.. this year the fit is made in japan. next year its suppose to be made in NA. it would be easier to just tool up the plant for the new model rather than tool it up for the current model and change it up in the next 1-2 years.

anyway, i just cant help but think this: if the current model is the top of its class with competitors introducing new cars, the new model will completly destroy the rest of its class.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:27 AM
If the Fit changes in 2008 so be it. Change takes place all the time. If you like the current Fit, which I do, then there is really no reason to be dissapointed. The new Fit will probably cost more too. If it does change for 2008, we all have the "OG". For U.S. at least

Old 08-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Would the new fit happen to look anything like this?

Sorry...bad picture.

Beyond the redesign did they talk about possible power plants, that is hybrid technology. I've heard alot of buzz and read a possible MPG of 70+.

I won't be a happy camper if my Fit becomes obsolete in just 1 year.

What's up with the other models? None of the others are due for a redesign, are they? You did say they had all 2008 models there.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by actonimpulse
Would the new fit happen to look anything like this?

Sorry...bad picture.

Beyond the redesign did they talk about possible power plants, that is hybrid technology. I've heard alot of buzz and read a possible MPG of 70+.

I won't be a happy camper if my Fit becomes obsolete in just 1 year.

What's up with the other models? None of the others are due for a redesign, are they? You did say they had all 2008 models there.
No talk of a hybrid model,but included in the gauge cluster was a digital readout to calculate MPG, so a hybid is possible. I was told that all of the 2008 Hondas would be there on the phone but when I got there it was a little different. It was a focus group for sub compact hatchbacks. They had a Scion, Versa, Yaris, 07 Fit, and new redesign Fit there. I had to tell my dislikes and likes of each car. The picture you included is pretty close but the hood and windshield were much longer giving it a more sleek not bubblous appearance. The front grill opening was smaller but the headlights are pretty much right on. The side mirrors were black colored and attached at the window line.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Man, i sure hope the new one will be ugly =p

Old 08-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned
Rare car O.K. providing you put it in storage for 10 to 20 years and keep it all original and never drive it.
mine is a daily driver and there is no way I can keep it locked up and not drive it.
The corvette is a collectors car usually owned by someone who has the means to only drive it on occasion.
If you watch Barret Jackson most high dollar cars are all original matching number cars, or truly unique limited production runs.
At any rate I love my Fit and just hope that in 2 or 3 years it will still be worth a reasonable value to trade.
Possibly for a Nissan or Toyota!!
Anyone remember the Pontiac Sunbird, Chevy Monza, Ford Pinto, or even any of the Eagle vehicles, all of them were short production runs sold as daily drivers.
Gotta go check my blood pressure...

Old 08-27-2006, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't mind. the 07 Fit will be unique.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:17 PM
I just hope they make a fit/jazz type R

Old 08-27-2006, 07:12 PM
this thread is worthless without pics.
Honda general rule among their vehicles has always been a 5-year rotation on body, mind you minor facial changes is not included.
lets see some evidence.

Last edited by JDMish; 08-27-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:25 PM
sounds interesting

Old 08-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by JDMish
this thread is worthless without pics.
Honda general rule among their vehicles has always been a 5-year rotation on body, mind you minor facial changes is not included.
lets see some evidence.
This body style has been for sale in Japan for 5+ years. They just made the hood longer for the high impact regulation in the US. I would have took pics but they made us check all cameras at the front desk, including cell phones.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm sure that there are updated Fit/Jazz designs and mockups out there, but saying that you saw the USDM 2008 bodywork/interior in mockup form sounds pretty definitive. IMO, Honda doesn't have the track record of a company that runs the bodywork and safety tests necessary to put a model into the US market, then do the work all over again one year later. Most of their bodies seem to stay stable for 4+ years at a time. I wouldn't be surprised to see some tweaks, but I would be surprised if the USDM 2008 was a complete redesign.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:43 AM
my concern is that if they do redesign this car for next year, how much aftermarket parts will come available for the 07 fit? and i am not talking about performance stuff, i am talking about for maintenance. with only 32,000 cars scheduled for production, there isnt much demand to make many parts. that means we will have to get it from the dealer. $$$.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kurtdesch
I just got home from a focus group for the new Fit at the Anahiem Convention Center and all I can say is damn. The new Fit is going to blow the current model away. Wish I brought my camera but they even made us give them our cell phones...very top secret. I don't think it's totally ready for production yet, no word when it's going to be released.

awwwwwwwwwwwww! I never got my email confirmation. DAMNIT!

Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 AM
*Barf* *cry* If that goes through Im gona be so upset. I heard that the fit hybrid was coming out next year, and i also heard it was going to be cheeper than the ones out now. I dunno. I like my car alot. But I hate to think that my foolish pride will land me getting 1 uped in just a year. how grotesque.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by garett
my concern is that if they do redesign this car for next year, how much aftermarket parts will come available for the 07 fit? and i am not talking about performance stuff, i am talking about for maintenance. with only 32,000 cars scheduled for production, there isnt much demand to make many parts. that means we will have to get it from the dealer. $$$.
How many maintenance things are made in the US? And what sort of things are you talking about? My Legacy turbo is one of less than 2000 in the US, yet I have no problem ordering parts from regular auto stores.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member
Does anybody here want to buy a bridge? I live in the NYC metro area I own a couple and are willing to listen to offers!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by blackgd3
Man, i sure hope the new one will be ugly =p
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

All of you who are negative are sooo Transparent!
It's so painfully obvious that all you guys are just jealous of something
you can never have.

As for me, I'm always very excited about a new model.
I hope they do put out an all new Fit for 2008!
I hope it is 10 times better looking than the 2007,
and comes with a hybrid that gets 60/65
If i have already bought my 07', i'll just sell it and get the new 08'!

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit