3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
It is just a lense on the upper piece, it doesn't light up. But I'm sure some people will figure out a way to fit those lights from the video, those are badass!
Haven't even seen it… and already thinking' up mods

Old 04-14-2014, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
I will echo Jason's comments that the Fit in the vid is badass! Awesomeness in motion!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Hahaha if I get one it's SUPPOSED to stay stock since I think I went too far with my current Fit... But I don't think it's going to be possible to leave it alone.

I've gotten the "mod bug" buying new tires for my dad's minivan, going wider and lower profile. But hey - the van ended up driving a lot better and my dad agreed

Old 04-14-2014, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elementrace
Jason did you notice if the rear tail lights actually go all the way to the top or is the top part just reflectors? I haven't notice in any pics whether they were or not. In this video they go all the way but then it is a modded vehicle
Honda's Japanese site shows that rear light guide on certain Fit trim levels

Name:  OB4GWHt.png
Views: 10
Size:  61.4 KB

Old 04-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by glarus
.......Honda's Japanese site shows that rear light guide on certain Fit trim levels................
My "mod" budget will only allow for "Made in China or Taiwan". JDM parts will be a stretch for my pocket. Give it a few months and mod suppliers are going to have a field day competiting for a share in the larger supply population of GKs.
Once they break the "code" of mass producing that "volvo" rear light assembly, its gonna get third priority on my shopping list (after the alloys, of course, not to forget a reliable keyless start/entry system).
Dem rear lights - pretty cool!!!
Those wheels - like wow!. Look like 20". Will leave it to all you younger Fit owners to show the way. Will sit in the background and just turn green with envy!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-14-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
Hahaha if I get one it's SUPPOSED to stay stock since I think I went too far with my current Fit... But I don't think it's going to be possible to leave it alone.

I've gotten the "mod bug" buying new tires for my dad's minivan, going wider and lower profile. But hey - the van ended up driving a lot better and my dad agreed
I have been eyeing up the new Fits, they have really grown on me and I want to get something fun to daily drive again. I am telling my self if I do end up getting one not to go so crazy on it like I did with my current fit. I am kind of interested to see what the aftermarket will look like for the new Fits.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
wheels and a subtle drop and some nice aero pieces should round out the new Fit very well

Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by glarus
Honda's Japanese site shows that rear light guide on certain Fit trim levels

Good catch... I really like those lights. Hopefully those will work on the US models too.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
How would you consider the quality of materials on the EX trim level? I would love leather but I also demand a 6spd so don't want to end up with anything cheap looking or feeling.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
I'm going today to the NY show, so I'll report back.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
I'm going today to the NY show, so I'll report back.
That would be great - dealership here still doesn't know when they will have them show up, they just keep saying "next few weeks".

Old 04-22-2014, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Well the only difference I think on the EX-L is leather seats, leather-like door trim and leather steering wheel. I spend a good amount of time in the EX and it was really pleasant inside. Of course there is plastics everywhere but it looks pretty nice and feels good for what it is

Old 04-22-2014, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Well the only difference I think on the EX-L is leather seats, leather-like door trim and leather steering wheel. I spend a good amount of time in the EX and it was really pleasant inside. Of course there is plastics everywhere but it looks pretty nice and feels good for what it is
Ya I knew the difference was the leather, thus I was concerned with the quality of materials in the non-leather interior.

As long as the plastic isn't crap plastic like some lower-end cars come with.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
I'm back from 4 hours at the auto show.

I'm bloody exhausted, but I'm happy, too. At least from seat time in about a dozen competitors, even those at a higher price point, there is almost no possibility I'd buy anything but a new Fit EX.

I'm not a handy person, but I had the seats in all possible configurations in 5 minutes. I love that you can flip down the rear headrests.

Likewise I'm no techie, so it's beyond me how anyone complains about the utterly intuitive infotainment system. (P.S. to the poster who prefers fixed to dynamic line in the back-up camera: it's a setting. I found it immediately.)

The visibility is brilliant, the materials and execution are a cut above (I really like the Jetsons fabric pattern), and the sunroof is overhead, unlike so many swoopy cars where it's behind me.

The only things I didn't like were the way you could see the seat rails under the front seats, and that the tailgate was a tad rattly when closed...but then every other one was too save the Golf. Big whoop.

The Kia Soul felt more claustrophobic even with that gorgeous panoramic sunroof, and the doors clang. The Sonic was woeful. The Buick Encore was way too expensive. The Ford Focus' interior suddenly seems baroque, and not very airy. I loved the Fiesta ST, but, not having owned a car in decades, can only imagine the insurance and my inability to appreciate or control its performance (cheap if you get nothing but the moon roof at $21K, though). And it was truly very small inside. The interminable rest aren't worth mentioning.

I just loved sitting in that Fit seat, looking at that dash, and out those windows. In case you wonder, I work for the phone company, not Honda.

Anyway, my 2 cents, and I'll post in other threads for convenience.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
This is all extremely reassuring for quality of the non-leather EX trim level. :-)

Now I just need to talk with my husband on when the best time to order will be; we are planning on picking up a Razr this week I think so I might have to wait after launch to get mine. *squeee*

Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the report, exl500!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by exl500
............Anyway, my 2 cents......
The report of 2 cents, is worth a ton of cash for us hungry GK news watchers. Its a direct-to-the-point summary of what you were able to observe. Truly, a worthwhile journalistic contribution to this forum. Your now in the league of "accordguyintake" and "ColinS". Thanks

I do agree with TCroly that this should be re-posted as a separate thread so others may single it out immediately.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
So next test video... need to find an autocross course, give it to a regular autocrosser and really put it through paces and see how it does for handling.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
I think the car handles great, BUT I am sad that turning off the traction control button will still let the car intervene under "extreme" conditions. The handling is very intuitive even though the steering wheel is light, and the car just feels solid making maneuvers at high speed or tackling technical corners. I was already so impressed on the stock 185 all-seasons, I could only imagine how some 215 width summer tires would behave

Old 04-23-2014, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'm thinking see if can squeeze the same 225/45/17 reo70 potenza I run on my accord under this bad boy when I get mine. They run closer how most 235 tires do, and if Megan racing comes out with same coilover set I use on my accord go that way.

Quick Reply: I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!