3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
The new Fit has slightly different dimensions and I will soon compare them for you, but I will say that at least on my Fit, the rear doors open fairly big so getting in and out should be a fairly painless experience. Most people agree with me that the Fit feels like a "Normal" car once inside and not a claustrophobic tin can

Old 04-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by accordguyintake

From what I see in these pictures, the fabric seats are incredibly cheap looking. Does anyone who has seen the 2015 in person have more info? Is the fabric rough/cheap looking in person? I know it's an inexpensive car, but still!

Old 04-01-2014, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Appears under body kit for the 2nd Gen. Sport has been deleted with the oncoming 2015 EX. Too bad, as I thought the underbody kit was one of the best parts of 2nd Gen.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I was really hoping that we would get the "checkered" patterened seats I've been seeing for the Japanese fits. Can anyone confirm that those seats will or will not be offered for North America?

Old 04-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
From what I see in these pictures, the fabric seats are incredibly cheap looking. Does anyone who has seen the 2015 in person have more info? Is the fabric rough/cheap looking in person? I know it's an inexpensive car, but still!
I thought it felt fine. I think the CR-Z and (Acura ) ILX have more 'texture' in the center section, but the cloth itself didn't draw attention to itself from what I saw/felt.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ColinS
I thought it felt fine. I think the CR-Z and (Acura ) ILX have more 'texture' in the center section, but the cloth itself didn't draw attention to itself from what I saw/felt.
It does at least look less lint grabbing than the "lint brush" style seats in the 2013's and down. Thank goodness for Clazzio's.

-Dustin

Old 04-01-2014, 04:47 PM

From the big screen on the dash it would seem the model in the pics is an EX, so the next step up would be to get leather.

I'm still hoping they will come out with a Sport/RS/(Si?) version with some sportier specs so there's that... maybe.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
It does at least look less lint grabbing than the "lint brush" style seats in the 2013's and down. Thank goodness for Clazzio's.

-Dustin
yeah I was thinking they look easier to keep clean and less a lint trap

Originally Posted by elementrace
From the big screen on the dash it would seem the model in the pics is an EX, so the next step up would be to get leather.

I'm still hoping they will come out with a Sport/RS/(Si?) version with some sportier specs so there's that... maybe.
all models get the 7" screen! it's the screen for the back up camera that is standard across the model line
this year won't get a sport/rs/si model but maybe in three years on the refresh Honda will pull their heads out and give us something

Old 04-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
........all models get the 7" screen! .......
According to Fit4Life's thread, LX get 5" while EX get 7".
As for future model updates and refresh, an Orange RS down the road would be great. Will just watch you guys drive them down the road. My purchase will have to last me for the next decade.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
yeah I was thinking they look easier to keep clean and less a lint trap

all models get the 7" screen! it's the screen for the back up camera that is standard across the model line
this year won't get a sport/rs/si model but maybe in three years on the refresh Honda will pull their heads out and give us something
I really hope it doesn't come to waiting 3 years. I don't think it will as Honda has been very consistent with their model lineups recently and the Civic Si is the only model that deviates from the standard and the Si appeared a year after the model change, but correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
To be honest I don't think the Sport thing will be an issue once you are able to explore the new Fit the Engineer told me something regarding the steering of the US Fit that he said is tuned more aggressively than the Fit RS model in Japan!! I will tell you soon what it is

Also, the fabric is definitely not an issue to me in any way... I will leave that for now

Old 04-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
...........I will tell you soon what it is
One more week??? Will patiently wait.
For now, I continue to enjoy reading all the comments so far about the cons given the limited info. on driving impressions available. These are derived primarily from the interpretation of specs.
No one, now, is talking about price cause Honda got that totally right.

After your reveal on actual driving, how many speculative pre-judgements will change??? Only a few, cause it will take an actual test drive & up-front scrutiny for the rest to make the turn-around.

Not me. Your teaser statements have indicated most of us will be mildly impressed with the GK, at the very least. I, for one, am commited. Can't wait to give myself another "pat on the back" for following my gut (to be reinforced further but your ACTUAL & PHYSICAL driving experience).

Freedom of expression. Its why we love our country.

Reading/watching your summary and conclusions from your hands-on experience - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2014, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
How I dislike this waiting.. I've started compiling different things to write about... JUST A FEW MORE DAYS! I have a least 1 more video too!

Old 04-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
How I dislike this waiting.. ..
Last week, especially Sat. night, was depressing when you mentioned the embargo. Since then, have been waiting. Now, would'nt mind waiting at all.
There is boundless entertainment value in reading all the posts from individuals who are deriving their impressions from the available published news, and are making their own best "guesstimates" w/out driving, much more, seeing the GK in person.
Those views may all crash once your full review is posted. Now that is worth waiting for!!!!!
When watching your driving video, its envious how much you impressed the females with your driving skills. Having 4 sons, I can only impress the wife with one skill and it isn't my driving!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-04-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha I was impressed that they weren't freaking out, I thought I was going to have to baby the car along everywhere.

But alas, it was just a test drive and nothing more, so I believe you are in clear advantage here

Old 04-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
....But alas, it was just a test drive and nothing more.................so I believe you are in clear advantage here
To modest man!!! No worries from us FF. YOur GF will never find out from us!!!
As far as having an advantage, doubt it. YOu all have youth. Enjoy it to the fullest while you can!!!!

The effect of a Fit on an old fart like me is like discovering a mini "fountain of youth".
The GD continues to impress me. Am hoping that after driving a stick in the GK will darken my greying locks.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Let me say this, I have a 170hp turbocharged GD Fit, which I spent an incredible amount of time tweaking with my suspension and tires and even fitted an S2000 brake system to the front to try and make it as fun of a car as possible. I would have a hell of a time trying to consider keeping my Fit or getting a 2015 and keeping it all original...

BY THE WAY! I just went on spring break today... So I will do my best to polish up a nice and thorough story ready for the 9th! And, I just checked and it looks like I have 3 more videos that I haven't yet uploaded, one is with the R&D guy for the 2015. You'll have to excuse me in advance as I didn't know what to ask and there was a definite language barrier even with an interpreter in the backseat

Last edited by accordguyintake; 04-04-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM
I AM SO EXCITED TO HEAR ALL THE DETAILS ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!

Old 04-07-2014, 02:44 PM
I AM SO EXCITED TO HEAR ALL THE DETAILS ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!
Whoa! You're shouting!

Take a deep breath and don't lock your knees….

But yeah… I'm also looking forward to Wednesday

Old 04-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes, well... as I said, I'm excited!

I've noticed in photos what looks like black/dark gray interiors and what looks like light gray interiors so hopefully we will get to find out exactly what all of the options are with different exterior colors!!

Quick Reply: I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!