3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by nijkap
Swewt mother of..
Source/link?
Sure:

https://www.facebook.com/SubcompactCulture

Old 03-27-2014, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Storm Silver Met.

No Storm Silver? Don't see any Orange (RS) so might have to be White. Now to find out if I can get it without the sunroof but with Perimeter entry and Push-button start in manual.
Correction to one of my earlier posts on arrival time in my area. My dealer contact tells me his GM is going to attend a Fit intro event in San Antonio, Tx April 2. He knows they have 8 units to be spec'd for June arrival (that kills his end-April arrival). Looks like the biggest market (CA) will be getting the bulk of April delivery units. You lucky guys.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 03-28-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member
too lazy, buzzed to upload photos, but vids currently uploading to Youtube.

Headroom in rear seat is considerably less, maybe because of sunroof but also lower roofline perhaps? I would say build quality is 20-30% better. From 1st to 2nd gen I would estimate a 5-10% increase in quality so this is big! I don't feel rear seat legroom is an improvement, even might be less. BUT, the seats are very comfy and the front seats have VERY good bolstering! The drivers side seat is height adjustable! Not sure of passenger side.

Since the roof does seem lower, the car seems less spacious but not by a lot, just maybe a little more stuffy for backseat passengers. EVERYTHING FEELS GOOD! The trunk and doors are super solid and all the buttons and controls feel very high end. I would rate the interior on par with Acura/Lexus. Obviously with just a little more plastics instead of soft touch material.

The leather on the steering wheel seems more rugged than the older models. The 1st Gen especially had an atrocious steering wheel on the sport model. The leather is weak and lost a lot of its texture as time went by. The steering wheel on the new Fit feels really solid, not much padded feel but I like it more.

I LIKE IT! A LOT! I WANT TO SEE MY GD for it! It's MUCH MUCH improved from the 2nd gen Fit!

REFRESH MODE IS BACK! REJOICE!!!!

Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
Old 03-28-2014, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
too lazy, buzzed to upload photos, but vids currently uploading to Youtube.

Headroom in rear seat is considerably less, maybe because of sunroof but also lower roofline perhaps? I would say build quality is 20-30% better. From 1st to 2nd gen I would estimate a 5-10% increase in quality so this is big! I don't feel rear seat legroom is an improvement, even might be less. BUT, the seats are very comfy and the front seats have VERY good bolstering! The drivers side seat is height adjustable! Not sure of passenger side.

Since the roof does seem lower, the car seems less spacious but not by a lot, just maybe a little more stuffy for backseat passengers. EVERYTHING FEELS GOOD! The trunk and doors are super solid and all the buttons and controls feel very high end. I would rate the interior on par with Acura/Lexus. Obviously with just a little more plastics instead of soft touch material.

The leather on the steering wheel seems more rugged than the older models. The 1st Gen especially had an atrocious steering wheel on the sport model. The leather is weak and lost a lot of its texture as time went by. The steering wheel on the new Fit feels really solid, not much padded feel but I like it more.

I LIKE IT! A LOT! I WANT TO SEE MY GD for it! It's MUCH MUCH improved from the 2nd gen Fit!

REFRESH MODE IS BACK! REJOICE!!!!
Thanks for the late night update! Please confirm if the cars you are being shown were indeed built in the Mexico factory. Your comment about quality improvement makes me ask that question, since I have always felt the build quality of my Japan built 09 GE to be excellent. Even if some materials are less then luxury level.

Glad to hear the steering wheel leather is nice since it looks like plastic in all the pictures I have seen, while the leather steering wheel on my GE is both nice to look at and nice to hold, and for the 5 years that I have owned my car had held up very well.

Can't wait for driving reports.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
..uploading to Youtube......
Headroom in rear seat is considerably less, .....build quality is 20-30% better. ...seats are very comfy....buttons and controls feel very high end....LIKE IT! A LOT! I WANT TO SEE MY GD for it! It's MUCH MUCH improved from the 2nd gen Fit!...REJOICE!!!!
Your look-around has reinforced my initial decision to place that deposit last Feb. Made in Mexico is not an issue but I'd rather a later month production as opposed to the Feb./March builds. Looks like our area dealer will be getting a late-April build (for June arrival).
Am looking forward to your impressions on driving the 6-speed. Am liking the short-shift and the video display. Also am relieved that boot space is pretty similar to our current 1st/2nd Gen.
The effort put into your report is being followed by many in this community. For all of us, our big thanks!!! Keep the news flowing.
Model line-ups and pricing!!! What models will come with Perimeter entry/Push buttom start as standard? Does that model have to come with a sunroof? The White 6-speed you video'd, was it with no sun-roof?

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 03-28-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
About the Seats....

It's great to hear that the seats are more comfortable and have more side bolstering. But what about the lumbar support?

Is it still as aggressive as the GE's?

Is it adjustable?

Is it still in the middle of the seat? Or has it been lowered?

The back pains do the GE's seat caused me to trade my 11 in. I love the Fit, but if that lumbar is still the same, it unfortunately won't be an option for me.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Oh thank you thank you!!! I believe I want one even more now. Looking forward to your driving impressions!

Old 03-28-2014, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
I really detest the transmission in my 1st gen A/T Fit -- is the CVT much better or should I opt for M/T? My other vehicles are M/T Z4 and a Ninja. Though I prefer where bmw places reverse on the manual (euro style R left of 1st). I value the convenience of A/T in a vehicle like the Fit, but if it's going to suck the life/mpg out of it again, I'm gonna have to go with the manual.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
I will try to get video footage of driving both CVT and 6 speed today so I will report back!

Don't think the lumbar is adjustable and to be honest I didn't pay really close attention to the way it supports me. But, I sat in a leather one and a cloth one for at least 20-30 minutes and nothing stood out to me. So while I can't tell you exactly how it is, I think it's a good thing that I didn't notice anything, it just worked and didn't bother me.

I think pricing and packaging info I won't be able to say yet because of the embargo. But I think you guys will be very happy with the price point compared to the current model, and there will be 3 trim levels to choose from You'll be able to get manual with or without sunroof, but without sunroof will only be available on the entry level model.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, thanks very much for the reporting and videos.

Everything's looking good from here.

Now my concern is that this car will be everywhere, and with the new factory, Honda will really be cranking out these puppies for the American market. Which I guess is a nice problem to have, all things considered, but don't want to have retired old coots waving at me from their similar Fits all day, either.

Last edited by tommycrx; 03-28-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks for those videos. Looks like we lost the passenger side dash cupholder as well as the upper glove compartment.
How are the 6mt revs at highway speed?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by tommycrx
........but don't want to have retired old coots waving at me.......
Am an old coot myself, but no worries, don't wave at young guys in Fits, only at young girls in bikinis strolling down our beaches!!!!
There will be tons of them. Look at the bright side. All the aftermarket guys are going to pump out even more FIT products to dress up in however each may want. First on my mind are 17" tires/wheel. My problem is hiding the expense from my lovely wife!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 03-28-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder if I could pull off my wide aftermarket 15" wheels on a stock 2015 Fit, haha

Old 03-28-2014, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Am an old coot myself...
Well, at 47, I'm not really a young whippersnapper.

That's true about the aftermarket. First on my agenda would be a more restrained front grille, then a set of those new CE28RTs, I love those. But we're getting a little ahead of ourselves - driving one first would probably be a good idea. Going to the NYC show in mid-April, looking forward to seeing it there. Hope they're not lame and keep it locked. I'm sure if it's open, it'll be mobbed.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
... a set of those new CE28RTs........
Jesus, they are hot. At $800/pc. I'll be headed for a divorce!!!

...Going to the NYC show in mid-April.......
If you have to pay to get in the show just to see the Fit, here's a suggestion, save the coin and call a big Jersey Honda dealer close by. They should have one, not only for you to sit in, but drive, by 3rd or 4th week in April. My local source mentioned, dealers in big markets will be given "forced allocation" for immediate display. Small markets (like where I'm at) will have to order from an assigned allocation.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 03-28-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
I really detest the transmission in my 1st gen A/T Fit -- is the CVT much better or should I opt for M/T? My other vehicles are M/T Z4 and a Ninja. Though I prefer where bmw places reverse on the manual (euro style R left of 1st). I value the convenience of A/T in a vehicle like the Fit, but if it's going to suck the life/mpg out of it again, I'm gonna have to go with the manual.
There is nothing that sucks the fun out of a car more than a CVT transmission. A Good CVT is just less bad, but do not expect any CVT to be FUN

Old 03-28-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm assuming these are all Sport trims? Got any pics for the base trim?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Administrator
Thanks again for sharing Jason!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
I spent 4 hours driving a 6mt and CVT today... Will post some vids tonight

Quick Reply: I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!