3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
I got praise from PR, Product Manager, and the R&D guy for the 2015 Fit from Japan that I really know my Fit stuff

Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
...got praise from PR, Product Manager, and the R&D guy for the 2015 Fit from Japan that I really know my Fit stuff
The praises you got will be nowhere near the ones your gonna get from us FF's when all your reporting is done.
Top notch job, man!!!

Old 03-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Does it have the same zippy, sprightly, light and sporty character that the previous gen and hondas of old have?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
I spent 4 hours driving a 6mt and CVT today... Will post some vids tonight

Sooooo, lift off over steer and near 60mph in 2nd gear yes?

Old 03-29-2014, 12:19 AM
I started to wait but i knew Honda wouldn't leave the LED lights on the car. Leather i plan on adding. I do love the smart key, blind spot cam, and sun roof but my biggest issue is the windows. They just don't flow like the 1st/2nd gens do. All and all a good feature filled sub compact.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TCroly
There is nothing that sucks the fun out of a car more than a CVT transmission. A Good CVT is just less bad, but do not expect any CVT to be FUN
Doesn't have to knock my socks off (I have 2 other rocket vehicles) but 12.something to 60 is a bit lethargic in my '07 A/T Fit! If the 2015 CVT + updated engine feels better than my 2007 then it's probably okay.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Doesn't have to knock my socks off (I have 2 other rocket vehicles) but 12.something to 60 is a bit lethargic in my '07 A/T Fit! If the 2015 CVT + updated engine feels better than my 2007 then it's probably okay.
21 additional HP compared to your GD should make a significant difference in acceleration.

CVT makes more efficient use of power than typical slush boxes, but it does this at the expense of driving enjoyment. Hopefully the paddle shifters in manual mode can bring back a bit of that. But I expect the new fit to be much like my CRZ. The 6 speed is slow, but really fun, the CVT is slower and terribly boring.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
In an effort to try and convince the 2015 R&D guy from Japan that we need an Si/Sports model Fit with more power or turbo, the Product Manager drove my Fit with the R&D guy sitting shotgun. Another power player rode in back with me and commented that my car makes power output similar to an Integra Type R, and that the handling is comparable to the Type R as well! We were hitting some pretty spirited speeds down the FWY with some "Wangan-Style" moves going on too!

I don't think the drive was enough to win him over on a higher power model, but maybe.. Just maybe it gave him something to think about. And although he said that the GD Fit was not a car he thought handled well, he thought my car felt good and had very solid handling

Old 03-29-2014, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
In an effort to try and convince the 2015 R&D guy from Japan that we need an Si/Sports model Fit with more power or turbo, the Product Manager drove my Fit with the R&D guy sitting shotgun. Another power player rode in back with me and commented that my car makes power output similar to an Integra Type R, and that the handling is comparable to the Type R as well! We were hitting some pretty spirited speeds down the FWY with some "Wangan-Style" moves going on too!

I don't think the drive was enough to win him over on a higher power model, but maybe.. Just maybe it gave him something to think about. And although he said that the GD Fit was not a car he thought handled well, he thought my car felt good and had very solid handling
Well done, but the test drive we all want to hear about is not the one in your car, but the ones in the new cars

Old 03-29-2014, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
Jason can you imagine if they had taken the car by themselves, you know how much quicker it is with only one person and it not four, awesome work ,and awesome knowledge your dropping on these guys

Old 03-29-2014, 07:14 AM
BUT, the seats are very comfy and the front seats have VERY good bolstering!
Originally Posted by Cornerstrike
About the Seats....

It's great to hear that the seats are more comfortable and have more side bolstering. But what about the lumbar support?
I spent some time with an EX a couple weeks ago and felt the seats were pretty supportive, but there was no lumbar adjustment. I cannot compare them to a current Fit, but they were better than the current CR-Z for sure. More support AND a headrest that didn't force you into a slouch.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
A bit off subject, but I have a 13 Fit and was having lotsa back pain. Talked to chiropractor, and he said to take a tube sock and stuff a towel into into it, and put it on the seat next to where my butt is. Worked - pain is gone. Causes me to sit upright and not slouch. Also lowered the head rest down to bottom position and that helped too. Something so simple - why didn't Honda think of that???

Old 03-29-2014, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ColinS
I spent some time with an EX a couple weeks ago and felt the seats were pretty supportive, but there was no lumbar adjustment. I cannot compare them to a current Fit, but they were better than the current CR-Z for sure. More support AND a headrest that didn't force you into a slouch.
Well if they are better than the CR-Z, that's a good sign. Those are better than the old Fit seats. I might just have to make the trip to the NY Auto Show and check them out myself.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
I spent 4 hours driving a 6mt and CVT today... Will post some vids tonight
Jason my man, where's the vids and '15 Fit info you promised? I waited up late last night and then I thought you'd have it posted this morning and still nothing.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by FIT4LIFE
Jason my man, where's the vids and '15 Fit info you promised? I waited up late last night and then I thought you'd have it posted this morning and still nothing.

Maybe they had a late night out after? Get the Honda people drunk to spill some more beans?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice.... No white one? The yellow is nice but not sure I could live with it for the long run.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
I wonder if Jason has gone missing??? Maybe he flew back to Japan with the Honda Product Manager?? There's an embargo in place until early next month so I'm doubtful you'll be able to share much with us until then.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Nomar
Very nice.... No white one? .....

There is white for sure buds. Look at the Op's pics from his first day. White is definitely in there. Am leaning towards that cause their bringing back a light Silver, not Storm Silver. Won't work in my garage!!!
"Accordguyintake" has to have some downtime with his family Give him a day or two to settle down. Besides, collating his thoughts, downloading on you Tube - he's doing his part for our community out of the goodness of his heart!

Hold on cause the news will come sooner than later.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 03-30-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Any idea on a specific date of when the embargo is up?

Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AustinDriver
Any idea on a specific date of when the embargo is up?
I heard today about a week and a half.

Quick Reply: I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!