3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
It's 12 o'clock on the east coast isn't it?

Old 04-09-2014, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Honda has dropped the ball on the 2015 Fit rollout. Why is everything so secretive and who has ever heard of an embargo on information? The information is out there, so why doesn't Honda put the information out for all to read. Personal opinions are not reviews and are not the place to disseminate actual rollout information. Not a good start for a probably decent vehicle.

Last edited by yuwan63755; 04-09-2014 at 12:40 AM. Reason: none
Old 04-09-2014, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
So it is April 9 everywhere in the world except here in Hawaii. Jason, spill the beans. Be the first to post a 2015 Fit review online.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
I will have to work on it as I lagged :/ lol I'm working on it right now.

In the meantime, I do have 2 more videos to share with some insight into the car, and I'll leave you with these 3 impressions for now.

1. From the 1st Generation Fit to the 2nd Generation, I saw a 5-10% increase in overall improvements. Yes, telescopic wheel and dead pedal was an AWESOME addition, but beyond that, there wasn't much else that was amazing.

From the 2nd Generation to the 3rd Generation Fit, I would say that there is a 20-30% increase in overall improvements. It's MUCH quieter on the road, the engine feels so much faster than before, and the interior just feels so much nicer, I would say it's almost on-par with a Lexus, like the CT200h or something.

2. Interior passenger space: Since a lot of you were REALLY curious about the rear seat space and with their claims of more leg room, I was actually disappointed. With the front driver's seat set to my comfort and climbing into the back, my legs were actually almost touching the front seat. It really seems like the backseats somehow have LESS room than before now!

And I wasn't able to sit in one without a moonroof, but the models equipped WITH a moonroof have a really cramped ceiling compared to my 1st Gen Fit. When sitting in the back of my Fit, my head literally has about 5 inches or more of space, it feels awesome and super roomy. With the moonroof, I lost about 1/2 of the total headroom I had in my 1st Gen Fit. So although my head still doesn't hit the roof (I'm about 5'11), there is significantly less space than before. This makes the car initially seem somewhat stuffy, but I got used to it fairly quickly.

3. Seat/Driving comfort: The driver's seat is height adjustable! Thank the heavens! The side view mirrors seem to have gotten smaller, but the very edge of them have "wide angle" effect to help see the blind spots. It was okay but looking out is definitely a little bit more difficult than before. Backing up even without the backup camera was relatively painless.

The front seat has a much improved lumbar support... It doesn't have rocks that penetrate your spine anymore. After an hour and a half of driving, I did start to feel that lumber sticking out effect a little, but it's a lot less than before and I think I could handle it easily. Honestly, it felt more comfortable than my mom's 2007 Lexus IS350. I did ask the rear seat passenger, however to keep this in mind on the drive and she did complain about the lumber after a short period of time. She said that it did not get worse over time, but was definitely noticeable right off the bat that the lumber was very pronounced.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
This is the Official Press Release, not sure sure if it's avaialble anywhere but here you go, FitFreaks!

Overview
The 2015 Honda Fit is the third generation of Honda’s versatile 5-door subcompact hatchback. First introduced to the U.S. in 2006 as a 2007 model, the Fit was named a Car and Driver “10-Best” vehicle for seven straight years. This and the many other accolades earned by Fit speak to its practicality, fuel efficiency and affordability, but also its feature richness, high-quality interior and driving enjoyment. For the completely redesigned 2015 Fit, the unique combination of these traits and the functionality, fun and refinement they provide have been further enhanced with even greater versatility, fresh styling, a more dynamic and refined driving experience, and substantially upgraded technology and luxury features.

The versatility of the 2015 Fit is fundamental to its design. With class-leading interior space and versatility, courtesy of its center-mounted fuel tank and ingenious Magic Seat®, the Fit epitomizes smart functionality with spacious and comfortable seating for five and the ability to carry voluminous cargo, including long and tall items. The larger interior features a remarkable 4.9 cubic feet increase in passenger volume and a 4.8-inch increase in rear seat leg room, all the more remarkable considering its even more compact exterior footprint, including a1.6-inch decrease in overall length.

A highly space-efficient new body structure pairs with an all-new chassis to make up a completely new, more rigid and lighter global subcompact platform featuring numerous improvements to front and rear suspension and steering systems that improve overall driving dynamics. The new platform is also lighter yet more rigid and features a longer wheelbase than the previous Fit. The net effect of these improvements is more settled and stable yet nimble and sporty ride and handling along with a steering linearity that gives the driver a sense of oneness with the vehicle. Many of these upgrades have the additional benefit of improving ride comfort and quietness, while the adoption of a new frame structure, including Honda’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) front body structure, benefits safety performance by targeting the highest-available crash-safety ratings of both the U.S. government and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
The Fit’s fun-to-drive character includes acceleration performance and the 2015 Fit increases the fun factor with major advances to its powertrain. A new Earth Dreams Technology™ engine significantly increases power, torque and throttle response and two newly developed transmissions – a slick-shifting 6-speed manual and all-new Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with G-Shift Control – increase both performance and fuel efficiency. The 1.5L 4-cylinder engine has a DOHC head with i-VTEC+VTC valve and timing control plus direct fuel injection, the first use of such a system in a Honda subcompact. With reduced weight and friction, increased compression ratio, and other changes, the engine delivers an 11 percent increase in peak horsepower to 130, and a 7.5 percent increase in peak torque to 114 lb.-ft.

With the combination of the new engine and transmissions, the Fit has an EPA fuel-economy rating of 29/37/32 (city/highway/combined)1 for the manual transmission, 33/41/36 for the LX trim with CVT and 32/38/35 for the EX and EX-L trim with CVT. The 6MT is an all-new design for the subcompact Fit with optimized closer individual ratios to aid performance, and a wider overall range to improve fuel efficiency. The newly-developed CVT enhances engine responsiveness by providing quicker and smoother acceleration while improving fuel efficiency with a wider ratio range and reduced internal friction.

Providing an outward expression of the 2015 Fit’s enhanced handling and power is a fresh and sporty exterior design. A progressive and purposeful style is achieved by the slimmer headlights that integrate into a solid grille design, an aggressive lower intake and the linear slope of the hood and windshield. The purposeful style continues with the strong design of the chiseled sides that emphasize the wheels and the dynamically tapered roofline ending in a color-matched spoiler. To accentuate the fresh exterior styling, the Fit will be available in eight colors, including several vibrant options.

Inside, the increased interior room and visibility create a sense of airy spaciousness, which is complemented by upgraded, soft-touch materials that raise the feeling of quality. The rich and sophisticated black with silver accented design of the interior surfaces and controls, and blue backlit instrument dials are stylish and functional. The available Display Audio touchscreen interface and first-ever leather seating (EX-L models) further increase the premium feel of this new Fit.

A significant contributor to the new Fit’s sophistication is the high level of standard and available features. For 2015, the Fit aligns with other Honda models by being offered in LX, EX, and EX-L trims, each with a higher spec than the previous equivalent trim. New standard features on all Fit models include auto on-off headlights, LED brake lights, Bluetooth®HandsFreeLink® and a center storage console with armrest. Items such as Smart Entry Push Button Start, a one-touch operated moonroof, 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio with next-generation HondaLink, and heated leather seats are among the upgrades available for the first time in Fit.

The Fit also features a long list of standard safety features. That list includes Vehicle Stability AssistTM (VSA®) with traction control, side curtain airbags with rollover sensor, Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist, and Honda’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure. The new Fit targets the highest available crash-safety ratings: a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and a TOP SAFETY PICK rating from the (IIHS). Standard drive-assistive features on all trims include a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines and expanded view driver’s mirror. The Honda LaneWatch display is standard on EX and above trims. The new U.S.-market Fit will be produced for the first time in North America at an all-new plant in in Celaya, Mexico.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member

2015 Fit Pricing and EPA Fuel Economy Ratings

Trim
Transmission
MSRP2
EPA Fuel Economy Ratings1 (city/highway/combined)
LX
6MT
$15,525
29/37/32
LX
CVT
$16,325
33/41/36
EX
6MT
$17,435
29/37/32
EX
CVT
$18,235
32/38/35
EX-L
CVT
$19,800
32/38/35
EX-L w/ Navi
CVT
$20,800
32/38/35

2014 Fit Powertrain Specifications
Engine
DOHC i-VTEC® + VTC inline 4-cylinder
Displacement
1498cc (5.5-liter)
Compression ratio
11.5:1
SAE Horsepower @ rpm*
130 @ 6600
SAE Torque @ rpm (lb.-ft.)*
114 @ 4600
Fuel supply system
Direct fuel injection
Transmission
6MT
CVT
EPA-Fuel Economy Rating1
(MPG, City/Highway/Combined)
6MT 29/37/32
CVT 33/41/36 (LX)
CVT 32/38/35 (EX, EX-L)
Fuel type
Regular unleaded
Emissions certification (CARB/EPA)
LEV3(ULEV125)/BIN5

*SAE J1349 testing method

2014 Fit Key Packaging Specifications
Wheelbase, in.
Length, in.
Width, in.
Height, in.
Track, F/R, in.
58.3/58
Turning diameter, ft.
Curb weight, lbs. MT/CVT
LX: 2513/2544
EX: 2573/2630
EX-L: NA/2642
Passenger volume, cu. ft.
Cargo volume, cu. ft.
16.6 rear seats up
52.7 rear seats down
Seating capacity
Fuel capacity, gal.

1 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
2 Destination and Handling Charge : A charge of $790, will be added to the dealer invoice and Monroney label on all models.

Powertrains

Overview
In keeping with Honda’s mission, to provide both fuel efficiency and fun-to-drive at a high level, the 2015 Fit is powered by an all-new Earth Dreams Technology 1.5-liter engine paired with either a new six-speed manual transmission (6MT) or a new Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). A program of weight saving, friction reduction, technology application and clever engineering resulted in an 11 percent increase in horsepower to 130, and a 7.5 percent increase in torque to 114 lb-ft over the previous Fit’s engine. A similar approach produced transmissions that help provide quicker acceleration, smoother shifting and class-leading EPA fuel-economy ratings of 29/37/32 (city/highway/combined)1 for manual transmission models, 33/41/36 for the LX trim with CVT and 32/38/35 for the EX and EX-L trims with CVT.

Key New Powertrain Features
· Engine
o i-VTEC® (intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) for intake valves with Variable Timing Control (VTC)
    o Lower friction
    o Reduced weight of moving parts
    o Valve diameter increase, decreased plug diameter
    o Improved cylinder/piston cooling
    o 100,000 +/- miles tune-up interval

· EPA Fuel Economy Ratings(city/highway/combined)1
    o 6MT: 29/37/32 mpg
    o CVT (LX): 33/41/36 mpg
    o CVT (EX, EX-L): 32/38/35 mpg

· Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
    o New design replaces conventional automatic transmission (design shared with Civic but with Fit-specific tuning)
    o Wider ratio range
    o High-rigidity belt
    o Reduced friction
    o Increased torque converter capacity
    o Reduced weight and size

· Six-Speed Manual Transmission (6MT)
    o New design
    o Optimized gear ratios with wider range
    o Shorter shift lever stroke with less resistance for improved shift feel
    Engine
    The Fit’s new Earth Dreams TechnologyTM engine retains the same 1.5-liter displacement as the previous powerplant, but that’s just about the only thing that carries over. Primary amongst the changes, the new engine features direct injection and a DOHC i-VTEC+VTC valvetrain—a first in a subcompact, which replaces the port injection and SOHC i-VTEC valvetrain of the previous engine. A host of other upgrades and refinements were made to optimize combustion, reduce weight and minimize friction to increase both power and fuel efficiency.

The valvetrain of the new engine is upgraded to DOHC with i-VTEC valve operation that includes Variable Timing Control (VTC). At lower engine speeds, the i-VTEC system employs milder cam profiles, creating shorter valve operation and reduced valve lift to deliver robust torque and fuel efficiency. At higher engine speeds, i-VTEC triggers more aggressive cam profiles that produce longer valve operation and greater valve lift for more horsepower. The VTC system assists in this process by adjusting intake cam phasing to retard valve timing at lower engine speeds for better fuel efficiency and advancing timing at higher speeds to increase valve overlap for reduced pumping losses and more power. Both the intake and exhaust valves have a larger diameter for greater airflow capacity. The intake valve size is increased from 28mm to 29mm and the exhaust valves enlarged from 23mm to 25mm.

The enlarged valves sit in a newly designed cylinder head that includes a smaller M12 sparkplug, down from the previous M14. The head also includes direct injection multi-hole fuel injectors with a small diameter bore, an upgrade from the previous engine’s port injection. Higher-pressure direct injection optimizes fuel atomization allowing for more efficient combustion. To provide a high-tumble intake charge that further enhances combustion efficiency, both the intake port and piston crown have special designs. The piston crown’s design also directs the atomized fuel spray from the injector nozzle toward the sparkplug electrodes for more efficient ignition and to prevent fuel depositing on the cylinder walls. The 10 percent higher compression ratio, raised to 11.5:1 from 10.4:1, and improved combustion efficiency contribute to increased torque and improved engine responsiveness.

To further aid responsiveness, the rotating mass of the crankshaft was reduced by 27 percent by using four instead of eight counterweights and the journal diameter was reduced from 50 mm to 46 mm. Additional engine weight savings were obtained by the use of individual main-bearing caps instead of the larger bearing cap structure of the previous engine, and by utilizing an all-composite intake manifold. To manage combustion heat, an oil jet was added to spray cooling oil onto the underside of the piston, which also helps with lubrication. Also, an aluminum sleeve was added above the cylinder sleeve to improve heat transfer from the cylinder block. The effect of all this work is significant: Horsepower and torque are up significantly throughout the rev range, with peak torque arriving 200 rpm earlier than in the previous engine.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:41 PM
    5 Year Member
    Six-Speed Manual Transmission
    The all-new six-speed manual transmission (6MT) offers many benefits over the previous Fit’s five-speed unit. The addition of a sixth gear allowed the overall ratio range to be 5 percent wider, providing better fuel efficiency; and the ratios between third and sixth gears are closer for optimized engine performance. The new 6MT’s first gear is 5 percent lower, third gear is 5 percent higher, fifth gear is 11 percent lower and the new sixth gear has the same ratio as the previous fifth gear.

Transmission Ratio Comparison
    2013 Fit
    2015 Fit
    2015 Change
    First (1st)
    4.63% lower
    Second (2nd)
    0.53% higher
    Third (3rd)
    5.22% higher
    Fourth (4th)
    0.11% higher
    Fifth (5th)
    11.28% lower
    Sixth (6th)
    N/A
    Same as 2013 5th gear

Another benefit of the new transmission is greatly improved shift feel for sportier and easier gear changes. Through component design changes, the stroke of the gear shift lever is shortened 10 percent for quicker, sportier gear changes. This shorter stroke is also accompanied by a significant reduction in shifting effort. Additionally, engineers achieved a 25 percent reduction in shift cable sliding resistance though optimization of the cable-end bushing rigidity. An improved shift lever bracket also aids smooth, positive shifting.
    Continuously Variable Transmission with G-design Shift
    Available on LX and EX models and standard on the EX-L is a new Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) tuned specifically for the Fit. While providing greater fuel efficiency, the CVT also delivers more responsive and linear acceleration compared with the previous five-speed automatic (5AT) as well as conventional CVTs. Several aspects of the new CVT assist in this dual benefit.

A new-design torque converter that is thinner but with an increased capacity optimizes the transfer of the engine’s power to the CVT for improved linearity in engine speed relative to throttle application, and it eliminates the excessive engine revving common with conventional CVTs. The new CVT has a 14 percent wider ratio range that allows the engine to operate in a more optimal range for both good performance and improved fuel efficiency under all driving conditions; this is especially felt with reduced engine speeds at higher vehicle speeds. A newly developed high-rigidity drive belt, new CVT fluid allowing reduced pulley pressure on the belt, and a CVT warmer further extend the unit’s efficiency.

Great efforts were also made to minimize size, weight and friction. The oil pressure control unit and stator flange were redesigned for unified functionality and the parking gear was integrated with the output pulley, both of which reduce size and save weight. The CVT case shape is optimized for lighter weight, the input and output pulley shaft diameters are reduced, and the pulley V-body width is narrower. A smaller forward/reverse mechanism with a reduced-diameter ring gear—made with higher strength steel—is used to make the CVT unit more compact. Other weight reductions were realized with a smaller volume of CVT fluid and lighter-weight final shaft, differential and bearings. In total the weight reductions resulted in the CVT being 16 percent lighter than the previous Fit’s 5AT. Lower friction was obtained by using a more optimized oil pump capacity; a baffle plate to reduce oil agitation; and lower friction taper bearing, seal ring and reverse clutch.
    G-design Shift Feature
    The Fit CVT is designed to provide the optimum gear ratio for the driving conditions, and to offer a more natural driving feel and to eliminate the "rubber-band" feel sometimes associated with CVT transmissions. The new CVT has special “G-design shift” logic that is designed to offer more immediate acceleration response than either conventional automatics or other CVT designs. When abruptly applying power from a steady-state cruising speed, the Fit CVT immediately sends power to the drive wheels while simultaneously adjusting the gear ratio (seamlessly and progressively downshifting) to smoothly bring the engine to its horsepower peak in a linear way.

By comparison, a conventional automatic is slower to respond and loses time making multiple downshifts. Since the automatic transmission has a limited number of separate, discrete ratios, even when fully downshifted, it can only approximate the optimum engine rpm as speed increases. This cuts into acceleration. Compared to other CVT systems, the Fit CVT offers stronger acceleration response with a linear rise in engine rpm. G-design shift logic gives the Fit a more linear, sporty—and ultimately satisfying—driving feel.
    Paddle Shifters (EX, EX-L)
    On EX and above models, the CVT transmission can be controlled with steering wheel-mounted, dual-mode paddle shifters to provide a more engaging driver experience. D mode is fully automatic; however the paddle shifters can be used to downshift the transmission for greater engine braking for situations such as descending a steep hill. The transmission can also be upshifted in D mode. When the paddle shifters are used in D mode, full automatic operation will resume after a short time. For spirited driving, S mode includes seven ratios and maintains the selected ratio until the driver operates the paddle shifters again. In S mode the system will only shift automatically to prevent over-revving or lugging the engine.

ECO AssistTM (CVT)
    All 2015 Fit models include Honda's ECO Assist™ technology that can help drivers develop driving habits that enhance fuel efficiency by observing the speedometer ECO Assist light response to driving practices. Fuel-saving behaviors like smooth acceleration and braking make the meter glow green. Less fuel-efficient driving habits will cause the meter to glow blue-green, while aggressive starts and stops that consume extra fuel will cause the meter to glow blue. In addition to the ECO Assist™ technology, on CVT models drivers can also engage the green, dash-mounted "ECON" button to further optimize system control of the transmission, engine and other powertrain elements to help conserve additional fuel.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:42 PM
    5 Year Member
    Powertrain Features

Engine
    All Trims
    Engine Type
    In-Line 4-Cylinder
    Engine Block/Cylinder Head
    Aluminum-Alloy
    Displacement (cc)
    Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net)
    130 @ 6600
    Torque (lb-ft @ rpm, SAE net)
    114 @ 4600
    Redline (rpm)
    Bore and Stroke (mm)
    73 x 89.5
    Compression Ratio
    Valve Train
    16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC®
    Fuel Injection
    Direct
    Throttle System
    Drive-by-Wire
    Eco Assist™ System
    CVT only
    CARB Emissions Rating2
    LEV3-ULEV125
    Ignition System
    Direct with immobilizer
    100K +/- Miles no Scheduled Tune-ups3

Transmissions
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Six-Speed Manual Transmission
    Gear Ratios: 1st: 3.461, 2nd: 1.869, 3rd: 1.235, 4th: 0.948, 5th: 0.809, 6th:0.727, Reverse: 3.307, Final Drive Ratio: 4.62
    Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode
    Available
    With Dual-Mode Paddle Shifters (Available)
    With Dual-Mode Paddle Shifters
    Gear Ratios: 2.5260.408, Reverse:2.7061.382, Final Drive: 5.44

1 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
    2 LEV3-ULEV125 models as certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
    3 Does not apply to fluid and filter changes. Will vary with driving conditions. Please see your Honda dealer for details.

Body

Overview
    The new-from-the-ground-up 2015 Fit has been improved in every aspect, starting with the body structure. New designs produced with new manufacturing techniques result in a lighter but stronger platform, tighter body tolerances and a quieter cabin. While the length of the Fit has been reduced by 1.6 inches, the wheelbase has been lengthened by 1.2 inches to improve interior space and ride quality.

Key New Body Features
    · Next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body-structure
    · Advanced body and door manufacturing techniques
    · Shorter overall length, by 1.6 inches
    · Longer wheelbase, by 1.2 inches
    · Increased width, by 0.3 inches
    · Lighter, more rigid platform
    · Improved body sealing and noise insulation

Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™)
    The 2015 Fit utilizes the next-generation version of Honda’s proprietary Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body-structure technology to enhance occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions. ACE utilizes a network of connected structural elements—with an improved design and a greater use of high-tensile strength steel—to distribute crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle. This enhanced frontal crash energy management helps to reduce the forces transferred to the passenger compartment and can help to more evenly disperse the forces transferred to other vehicles in a crash. It is expected to help the Fit achieve excellent ratings in crash testing by the IIHS and the NHTSA. ACE also helps minimize the potential for under-ride or over-ride situations that can happen during head-on or offset frontal impacts with a larger or smaller vehicle

Unlike most conventional designs that direct frontal crash energy only to the lower load-bearing structures in the front end, ACE actively channels frontal crash energy to both upper and lower structural elements, including the floor frame rails, side sills and A-pillars. By creating specifically engineered "pathways" that help distribute these frontal impact forces through a greater percentage of the vehicle's total structure, ACE can more effectively direct those forces around and away from the passenger compartment to help limit cabin deformation and further improve occupant protection. And like other Honda models, the Fit has an impact-absorbing front body design to help attenuate energy in the event of a frontal collision with a pedestrian.

Weight Reduction
    Since moving the mass of a vehicle requires energy, overall fuel efficiency can be improved by reducing its weight. Reducing vehicle weight must be balanced with other factors such as structural integrity; ride and handling characteristics; low noise, vibration and harshness (NVH); and occupant safety.
    In the 2015 Fit, weight reductions include the extensive use of super-high-tensile strength steel that provides increased structural strength with less material. With 27 percent of the body structure being made with these high-grade steels – 780 megapascals of higher yield strength – the body is 44 pounds lighter than the previous Fit’s body. An additional 6.6 pounds in total is shaved from the weight of the doors with a manufacturing process that integrates the door outer skin, inner panel and sash, press-forming them together. A further 8.8 pound reduction in body weight was realized from the inner frame and body assembly process.

Construction
    The Fit’s proprietary Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure is constructed with high-tensile steel and hot-stamped steel reinforcements and stiffeners. Improved designs and efficient manufacturing processes simplify production while improving strength and reducing weight. These include suspension mounting points with better lateral stiffness, and a new floor structure with a high-efficiency load-path. A new pressed door construction technique to combine the outer skin, inner panel and sash use fewer components and eliminates the need for welding and the use of a sealer. To assist in creating more rear passenger room and to provide a larger rear door opening, the rear wheel arch was redesign to reduce the distance between the door opening and arch flare and to eliminate the need for spot welding between the body and inner arch.

Noise mitigation
    Great efforts were made to target class-leading quietness in the new Fit, especially upon engine start-up, acceleration and on rough roads. Rather than just masking sound, the improved stiffness of the frame allowed for tighter tolerances in the body for better sealing. The new press-formed door construction technique also improved sealing. A reduction in firewall panel openings and gap reduction improves engine noise isolation. Furthermore, soundproofing material is used extensively throughout the body, including in the ceiling, doors, fenders, and floor, and in the dash, instrument panel and center console.

Body Features

Exterior Measurements
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Wheelbase (in)
    Length (in)
    Height (in)
    Width (in)
    Track (in, front/rear)
    58.3 / 58.0
    58.1 / 57.7
    58.1 / 57.7
    Curb Weight (lbs, 6MT/CVT)
    2513 / 2544
    2573 / 2630
    NA /
    Weight Distribution (%, front/rear, 6MT)
    61 / 39
    60 / 40
    NA
    Weight Distribution (%, front/rear, CVT)
    62 / 38
    61 / 39
    61 / 39

Old 04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
    5 Year Member
    Chassis

Overview
    Significant changes were made to the 2015 Fit’s chassis to dramatically improve all aspects of ride quality, handling, steering feel and noise. The foundation of these changes is a lighter but more rigid platform with an emphasis on the rigidity of suspension mounting points for improved lateral stiffness. Newly designed front and rear suspension with revised geometry and damper settings plus sprung- and unsprung- weight reductions were also employed to improve ride quality. Steering feel was improved with a new electric power steering (EPS) system with increased rigidity for a solid, accurate steering feel. Braking was also addressed with optimal tuning for a more linear brake feel. The numerous changes result in a smooth and agile ride-and-handling character.

Key Chassis Changes
    · Increased rigidity and reduced weight
    · Front and rear roll center height changes
    · New strut-type front suspension
    · New front subframe structure
    · New high-rigidity H-type torsion beam rear suspension
    · New rear damper design
    · New EPS system

Front Suspension
    The new front suspension has been redesigned and tuned to improve the shock absorption characteristics of the Fit. Used for the first time on the Fit, a new link between the suspension and stabilizer bar reduces friction to provide more linear operation. The suspension’s high-speed damping is improved with the use of a blow-off valve to decrease damping at higher speeds by extending the oil passage. This allows the suspension to act more quickly and therefore allows the wheels to track the road better when surface gets rough.

Geometric changes that help the new Fit’s handling and stability include a lower front roll center and an increased caster trail. To promote steering self-aligning torque while also improving feel and feedback, caster trail was increased to 0.31 in.

The newly designed truss-structure front subframe is stronger but also 4.4 pounds lighter. Similar benefits were obtained with the use of high-strength material and new designs of the lower arm, bushing and the new stabilizer bar with a larger outside diameter increasing from 0.85 in. to 0.95 in., but lighter as it is now hollow instead of solid.

The front suspension lower arm bush rate has been reduced to promote a slight longitudinal movement of the front wheel to absorb impact when hitting irregularities on the road. The result is improved suspension comfort.

Rear Suspension
    Receiving a similar blow-off valve to improve high-speed damping as the front suspension, the Fit’s innovative rear dampers utilize a new dual-path mounting system. This method separates regular damping load, which is fed into the upper shock mount bushing, from higher-impact bound stopper load, which is fed more directly into the body. The design allows more freedom to tune the shock bushing characteristics to improve ride quality and handling. The rear dampers are also mounted with less rearward inclination to allow them to better track road surface changes.

For increased agility through better roll steer characteristics, the rear roll center height was raised and roll stiffness increased through more rigid suspension components.

Increased strength and lighter weight were obtained through the redesign of several components. These include reducing the length of the trailing arm and lighter but stiffer rear wheel unit bearings. The adoption of a new lighter weight, high-rigidity, double-wall H-type torsion beam helps to improve handling by decreasing lateral force toe-out and reduces weight by eliminating the need for a separate stabilizer bar.

The rear trailing arm bush design has been modified to reduce initial play. The result is improved response to inputs for increased road-holding performance.

Steering
    To provide a high-quality steering feel that is both refined and sporty, the Fit’s EPS system received many improvements. Increased rigidity afforded by solid mountings and a larger-diameter column shaft improve steering linearity and reduced vibration for a more direct and positive steering feel. A new EPS torque sensor uses both steering angle and rate signals to provide a smoother, more linear initiation of steering assist at all speeds, further enhancing the feeling of accuracy and refinement. It also improves steering self-centering from full steering lock in condition.

When compared to the operation of a conventional hydraulic pump power steering system, the Fit’s simpler and lightweight EPS increases efficiency because it does not draw continuous power directly from the engine. Other advantages of electric power-assisted steering include its simplicity and compactness (no hydraulic system is needed to power it) and its lower power consumption, which helps improve fuel efficiency.

New to the 2015 Fit is a driver-assistive Motion-Adaptive EPS. Using vehicle speed and steering angle data, Motion-Adaptive EPS works with Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) to detect instability in slippery road conditions both during cornering and under braking and automatically initiates steering force that prompts the driver to steer in the correct direction. For more information see the Safety and Driver Assistance section.

Wheels and Tires
    The new dynamically styled Fit LX trim rides on 15-inch wheels with full covers in a cross motif, geometric style that complements the body design. The 15-inch wheels are shod with all-season 185/60 R15 tires. On the EX and EX-L fresh and sporty 16-inch alloy wheels with a high-contrast multi-spoke design provide an even higher level of visual sophistication. The 16-inch wheels come with all-season 185/55 R16 tires. A T135/80 D15 compact spare is located in the under-trunk storage space.

Braking System
    The 2015 Fit features 10.3-inch ventilated front discs and 7.9-inch rear drum brakes. The standard 4-channel anti-lock brake system (ABS) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) enhance stopping performance by adjusting front-to-rear brake pressure according to vehicle load distribution for optimum brake balance at all times. Sensors at each wheel send signals to the control module, which can modulate braking pressure based on individual wheel speed, optimizing brake pressure balance on all four wheels.
    For 2015, the Fit’s front brake calipers were redesigned to increase rigidity and the brake booster has a higher ratio—both measures to improve initial brake response. Also, the Fit’s braking system now incorporates Hill Start Assist, which helps prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards when the driver switches from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal while stopped on a hill. For more information on Hill Start Assist see the Safety and Driver Assistance section.
    Chassis Features

Suspension and Chassis
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
    Torsion-Beam Rear Suspension
    Stabilizer Bar (mm, front)
    Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
    Steering Wheel Turns, Lock-to-Lock
    Steering Ratio
    Turning Diameter, Curb-to-Curb (ft)
    Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes (in, front/rear)
    10.3 / 7.9
    10.3 / 7.9
    10.3 / 7.9
    Wheels
    15” w/full covers
    16” alloy
    16” alloy
    All-Season Tires
    185 / 60 R15 84T
    185 / 55 R16 83H
    185 / 55 R16 83H
    Compact Spare Tire
    T135 / 80 D15 99M
    T135 / 80 D15 99M
    T135 / 80 D15 99M

Dynamic Performance

Overview
    The new 2015 Honda Fit is a perfect expression of the idea that many small improvements can result in a substantial leap forward. And while the Fit continues to fulfill its original role as a stylish, fun, practical, ultra-efficient and affordable subcompact, its designers and engineers took a comprehensive approach to the redesign that raises the subcompact class bar for dynamic performance in ways that translate to real driving enjoyment.

Acceleration
    The new Fit accelerates faster and more responsively across its entire speed range; several factors contribute to these developments: 1) Notably higher engine power and torque across a wide rpm range; 2) Improved throttle response; 3) More efficient manual and automatic transmissions; and 4) Reduced aerodynamic drag. The cumulative effect is a quicker Fit that’s more fun to drive in any situation.

The Fit’s new CVT makes effective use of the engine’s newfound power. A new torque converter design and infinitely variable ratio range help the Fit accelerate quicker and longer, right from a standing start. The CVT’s S mode provides seven manually-selectable ratios, allowing the driver to finely control the power delivery in spirited driving using the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters. Similarly, the new 6-speed manual transmission’s wider gear range and closer ratios make better use of the engine power characteristics. Both transmission choices benefit from the engine’s improved throttle response.

The numerous changes to the new Fit’s powertrain also bring refinement to the driving experience; it’s easier to control acceleration because the engine and transmission respond more eagerly and precisely to the will of the driver.

Ride and Handling
    “Smooth and agile” were the twin primary goals of the 2015 Fit’s chassis development. Improving both ride comfort and handling is often viewed as contradictory and difficult to accomplish, but Honda’s engineers brought their famously thorough approach to the challenge.

Ride and handling competence begins with a strong and stable platform. Numerous improvements to the new Fit’s global and localized body stiffness provide the desired basis. Increased individual suspension component stiffness and weight reduction also contribute, and a longer wheelbase adds to ride stability by naturally reducing pitching motions.

Suspension engineers often speak of “flat ride” which refers to a vehicle’s ability to remain calm and stable, with little body motion, over small and large road imperfections. The new Fit accomplishes this desired trait through reduction of friction, optimized mounting and fine tuning of the suspension dampers and bushings, helping to give the Fit a well-controlled ride.

Superior straight-line stability plus an agile fun-to-drive character is also realized in the new Fit. Changes in the suspension geometry that lower the front roll center and raise the rear roll center positively change the weight transfer characteristics, providing a more stable, sporty and unified feel. This is easily noticed on quick transitions such as lane changes, and in cornering. The car’s response feels more accurate and natural, yet quick and agile.

The steering system upgrades combined with the suspension changes greatly enhance steering linearity and feel at all speeds. The steering feels smooth and comfortably light, with a notably linear buildup of feel and effort that complement the handling improvements.

Braking
    Enhancements to the front brake calipers and brake booster improve initial brake response, making it easier for the driver to brake quickly and positively. Pedal feel is also enhanced.

Noise and Vibration
    Many of the changes to the 2015 Fit’s body structure and suspension also help dampen road noise and vibration. The stiffer body structure and revised damper construction that reduces harsh body inputs on rough roads also allowed suspension engineers to better optimize spring, damper and bushing specifications for this purpose. These improvements bring a newfound calm and composure to the Fit over a wide variety of road surfaces and conditions.

Comprehensive soundproofing efforts bring further improvements, notably reducing engine, road and wind noise. The dash area of the body received particular attention to reduce noise paths; aerodynamic covers under the body reduce airflow noise while reducing aero drag.

The overall effect is a new Fit that, by virtue of eliminating or minimizing uncomfortable noise and vibration, feels and sounds unexpectedly sophisticated. And it manages to do this while retaining the pleasant and fun characteristics that make it a class leader.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
    5 Year Member
    Safety and Driver Assistance

Overview
    In an effort to provide enhanced protection for vehicle occupants and other road users, Honda has embraced a comprehensive approach to vehicle safety that seeks to provide a high level of active and passive occupant protection along with features that make the Fit more compatible with other vehicles in a collision, as well as mitigating injury to pedestrians. Honda engineers designed the Fit to earn top-level collision safety ratings, including a Top Safety Pick rating from the IIHS and a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in its New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). Starting with its next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body-structure, the 2015 Fit features a host of standard active and passive safety features and includes many standard and available driver-assistive technologies.

Key New Safety and Driver-Assistive Features
    · Driver and Front Passenger SmartVent™ Side Airbags
    · Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
    · Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS) – a feature of VSA
    · Hill Start Assist
    · Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
    · Honda LaneWatchTM
    · Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines

Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control1
    Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) is an Electronic Stability Control system that works in conjunction with the Fit’s Drive-by-Wire™ throttle and anti-lock brake systems to enhance control capability while the vehicle is accelerating, braking and cornering, or when the driver makes an emergency maneuver. VSA® functions by applying brake force to one or more wheels independently while also managing the throttle, ignition and fuel systems to help the vehicle maintain the vehicle’s stability and fidelity to the driver’s intended path of travel.

The VSA system continuously analyzes data from sensors that monitor wheel and vehicle speed, steering input, lateral G forces and yaw rate. It compares the driver's control inputs with the vehicle's actual response. Whenever the actual response falls outside of a predetermined acceptable range, VSA® intervenes with a corrective action. For instance, if VSA® detects an oversteer condition, the system may apply braking force to the outside front and rear wheels to counteract the unintended yawing effect. In the event of understeer, VSA® may apply braking to the inside rear wheel while reducing engine power to help return the vehicle to its intended course.

VSA® also provides a limited-slip differential effect for the front wheels by applying braking force to a slipping wheel, thereby redirecting driving force to the wheel with more traction. VSA® is calibrated to function in a near-transparent manner, and in many cases a driver will not even be aware of its operation. However, anytime the system is enhancing vehicle stability, an indicator light on the center instrument cluster will flash. While the driver can deactivate the VSA® stability enhancement and traction-control functions via a button on the instrument panel, ABS remains fully operational at all times.

Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS)
    New to the Fit, Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS) is a sophisticated system that can initiate steering inputs that prompt the driver to steer in the correct direction during cornering and in slippery road conditions.Using vehicle speed and steering angle data, Motion-Adaptive EPS works with Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) and Electric Power Steering to detect instability in slippery road conditions both during cornering and under braking and automatically initiates steering inputs aimed at prompting the driver to steer in the correct direction. This advanced technology supports the driver's action in operating the vehicle more safely and comfortably.Three examples of how Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS) functions in conjunction with VSA are:

Stabilizes Braking corrects the driver’s steering input to reduce vehicle instability when the driver is braking hard on road surfaces with different friction coefficients (such as pavement that is only partially covered with dirt or snow)

Mitigates Understeer corrects the steering inputs to mitigate understeer and help the driver trace the curve

Mitigates Oversteer corrects the steering inputs to mitigate oversteer and help the driver trace the curve

The Motion-Adaptive EPS system consists of a rack-and-pinion steering gear with an electric motor installed concentrically around the steering rack. To control the level of assist the Powertrain Control Module receives signals from a speed sensor and, coupled with a steering sensor for torque and rotation, then calculates the optimal amount of assist and sends a signal to the electric motor.

Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
    The Fit is equipped with an anti-lock braking system (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist as standard equipment. A power brake booster offers a solid feel with high pedal rigidity. The ABS independently modulates braking power at each wheel to help the driver retain steering control during heavy braking. EBD automatically optimizes braking force between the front and rear wheels, helping to ensure that the Fit stops in the shortest distance possible, regardless of the number of passengers or amount of cargo that it is carrying. Brake Assist recognizes emergency braking situations, based on the speed of pedal application, and quickly helps the driver apply full braking force.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)2
    The Fit is fitted with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) that alerts the driver whenever the air pressure in one or more of the vehicle's tires drops significantly below the recommended level. TPMS monitors and transmits information on tire air pressure to the ECU. When the pressure in one or more tires drops to a potentially critical level, it causes a low tire-pressure indicator to illuminate in the driver’s gauge cluster.

Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags
    Both the driver and front passenger are protected by multiple supplemental restraint systems including advanced front airbags (SRS) that incorporate dual-stage and multiple-threshold activation technology. One or both of these airbags will be deployed only in the event of a sufficient frontal impact. If deployed, these airbags are capable of being inflated at different rates depending on crash severity, seatbelt use and other factors. Like other Honda vehicles, the driver's front airbag is located in the steering wheel while the passenger airbag is located on the top of the dash. When deployed, the passenger airbag inflates upward and then toward the passenger to maximize its protective potential while reducing the likelihood of injuries being caused by the activation process itself. Honda was the first company to introduce this type of upward deploying airbag system, now used by virtually all automakers.

Driver and Front Passenger SmartVent™ Side Airbags
    Side airbags mounted in the outboard area of each front seatback are designed to help provide pelvic and thorax protection for the driver and front passenger in the event of a severe side impact. In the Fit, a new side airbag design allows the side airbags to deploy in a manner that mitigates the risk of injury to a smaller seat occupant. This design eliminates the need for the previous front passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS).

Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
    The 2015 Fit includes side curtain airbags now with a rollover sensor system. The side curtain airbags, contained within the outboard sections of the headliner, deploy in the event of a sufficient side impact, providing a significant level of head protection in the window area. In the unlikely event of a rollover, a roll-rate sensor, along with multiple G sensors determine the rate of roll and deploy the side curtain airbags accordingly. Like the other airbag systems in the vehicle, the side curtain system utilizes sensors to determine the most appropriate timing of airbag deployment.

To provide the optimal level of protection for occupants, testing was performed to determine the most appropriate timing and rate of deployment in the unlikely event of a rollover. The system uses algorithms to continually evaluate the situation and determines whether a rollover is imminent. The roll-rate sensor and multiple G sensors determine the "scenario" and calculate the angle of roll and the speed of the vehicle in order to deploy the airbags at the proper time for optimum protection. In the case of a rollover, the side curtain airbags on both sides of the vehicle will deploy. However, in the event of a sufficient side impact that does not result in a rollover, only the airbags on the impacted side of the vehicle will deploy. The airbag maintains full inflation for approximately three seconds after inflation to allow for the increased duration of a rollover.

Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
    All Fit models are equipped with a child seat-mounting system called LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) in the outboard rear seating positions. The LATCH system provides two lower anchors and an upper tether anchor. When used with a compatible child seat, the LATCH system provides attachment points between the child seat and the vehicle seat without having to use the vehicle’s seat belts. A tether anchor is available for the remaining middle seating position in the second row. All seat belts except the driver’s are equipped with a locking retractor that can be used to help secure any child seat. Both rear side doors are also equipped with child-proof door locks for added protection.

Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder System
    To help increase seatbelt use, a driver’s and front passenger’s seat-belt reminder has been incorporated into the instrument cluster. After the vehicle is started, a weight sensor detects whether the front passenger seat is occupied. If the driver or front passenger has not already fastened their seat belt, an icon in the main gauge cluster illuminates and a chime sounds as a reminder.

Hill Start Assist
    Hill Start Assist helps to prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards when the driver switches from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal while the vehicle is stopped on an incline. Hill Start Assist automatically activates when the vehicle senses a certain incline and is fully stopped in any forward or reverse gear. The system uses a longitudinal G-sensor along with a wheel speed sensor and steering angle sensor to control the hydraulic brake modulator. While activated, the brakes are released when the driver depresses the throttle to make the vehicle move.

Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
    All Fit models are newly equipped with the Expanded View Driver’s Mirror that increases the driver's field of vision by 4.2 degrees to provide a better view of objects to the back and side of the vehicle.

Honda LaneWatch™3 (EX, EX-L)
    New to the Fit, the EX and EX-L trims include Honda’s LaneWatch™ display that uses a camera located at the bottom the passenger-side exterior mirror to display a wide-angle view of the passenger side roadway on the Display Audio screen. The image appears when the right turn signal is activated, or when a button on the end of the turn signal stalk is pressed.

The typical field of view for a passenger-side mirror is approximately 18 to 22 degrees, but the LaneWatch™ display field-of-view is about four times greater, or approximately 80 degrees. The system helps the driver to see traffic, as well as pedestrians or objects, in the vehicle’s blind spot. To help make judging distance easier, the display has three reference lines. Drivers should visually confirm roadway conditions prior to changing lanes.

On the navigation-equipped EX-L, when LaneWatch™ is in use and a navigation turn prompt is needed, the image changes to split-screen so that LaneWatch™ and navigation information can be displayed simultaneously. LaneWatch™ can also be customized to suit the driver’s preferences. Turn-signal activation of the LaneWatch™ system can be turned on or off, as can the three on-screen reference lines. Screen brightness, contrast and black level are also adjustable.

Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
    For the first time all Fit models receive a multi-angle rearview camera, viewable on the LX trim’s 5-inch Monitor Audio and the EX and EX-L’s 7-inch Display Audio. The camera can show a top view, normal view or wide rear view when the transmission is in Reverse. The camera is located just below the license garnish separating the rear window and solid hatch. LX models feature static guidelines that help drivers gauge how close they are to an object, while EX and higher grades have dynamic guidelines that project the vehicle’s future path based on the driver’s steering wheel inputs..

Safety and Driver Assistive Features

Active Safety Features
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
    Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
    Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
    Brake Assist
    Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
    Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Passive Safety Features
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
    Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
    SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
    3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
    Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
    Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH): Lower Anchors (2nd-Row Outboard), Tether Anchors (2nd-Row All)
    Driver's and Front Passenger's Seat-Belt Reminder
    Child-Proof Rear Door Locks

Driver Assistive Features
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Motion Adaptive EPS (Electric Power Steering) – VSA feature
    Hill Start Assist
    Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
    Honda LaneWatch™
    Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
    Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines

Old 04-09-2014, 01:44 PM
    5 Year Member
    Exterior

Exterior Features Overview
    The 2015 Fit’s new exterior is not only dynamically styled but includes numerous class-above standard and available features that enhance its visual appeal and functionality.

Key New Exterior Features
    · One-touch power moonroof
    · Standard body-covered rear roofline spoiler
    · LED brake lights
    · Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
    · Heated Mirrors with integrated turn indicators (EX-L)

Styling
    The all-new Fit has a fresh and sporty new style to showcase its enhanced handling and power. The aerodynamic and purposeful design of the entire car is integrated with powerful lines flowing from front to rear, over the hood and roofline, and around the sides. These lines start with the forceful X-shape of the front bumper. The top V-lines of the X split to wrap around the lower edge of the headlights and over the hood. The strong character lines in the hood carry smoothly up the A-pillars to the more forward roof peak then taper down to the color-matched rear roofline spoiler. The inverted bottom V lines also split to frame the angular lower side fascia pods that house the fog lights on EX and EX-L trims.

Exhibiting a powerful and planted look, the lines at the edge of the protruding lower air intake flare back, ride over the wheel-accentuating front fenders and continue to expand in a wedge to encompass the rear wheel arch. A mid-height chiseled line emanates from the front wheel and scores a line through the door handles to expand around the taillight. Above the front bumper the commanding solid grille and lower positioned headlight design creates a smooth, one-motion surface that continues with an integrated linear flow over the hood, windshield and roof. From the lower air intake back, a planted bottom edge holds the design securely to the road.

All lines culminate at the rear into a substantial multi-horizontal form and tidy rear diffuser. The strength of the rear styling is accentuated by the roofline spoiler and forward slant of the rear window. Combination taillights expand powerfully into an angular form with reflectors rising to the roof. The lights are balanced below by the rear bumper edge flares with a similar but inverted shape. The solid bar garnish between the rear window solid hatch echoes the front grille design for a unified feel, on EX and EX-L models the garnish is rich chrome.

Aerodynamics
    As an important element contributing to fuel efficiency, the 2015 Fit has greatly improved aerodynamics. The frontal projected area (m2) is similar to the previous Fit’s but the engineers were able to meet the difficult challenge of greatly improving the coefficient of drag (Cd) by the redesign. As well as the more aerodynamic bodywork, including windshield mounting pillar garnish and A-pillar design that smooth airflow, the greatest benefits to drag reduction were from the design of the undercarriage. The front lip spoiler, engine under-cover, center floor under-cover, rear strakes and rear suspension covers all help streamline the airflow under the car.

Mirrors
    The shape of the two-tone, black and color-matched side mirrors complement the Fit’s exterior styling and were specifically designed for low aerodynamic drag to improve fuel efficiency while reducing wind noise. The mirror base and mounting point was redesigned for the new Fit to provide better visibility around the mirror. The easily adjustable power mirrors for the first time include the Expanded View Driver’s Mirror. EX-L grades also feature heated mirrors for all-weather driving convenience and include integrated turn indicators for added visibility in traffic. The EX and EX-L passenger-side mirror includes an integrated Honda LaneWatch™ camera. (See Safety and Driver-Assistive Technologies section for more information.)

Lighting
    The front light arrays include multi-reflector halogen headlights with auto-on/off, Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and turn signals with clear lenses and amber bulbs. The rear light arrays include taillight, new LED brake light and reverse light. The Fit EX and EX-L includes fog lights in the side fascia pods and the EX-L also has turn indicators integrated into the side mirrors.

Glass
    The 2015 Fit has a large glass area for excellent driver visibility and sense of space for all occupants. Excellent outward visibility is a hallmark of Honda design and a key feature for the Fit that has excellent front and rear sight lines for the driver, including a commanding eye point level.

One-Touch Open/Close Power Moonroof
    A first for the Fit, EX and EX-L grades feature a one-touch power moonroof with tilt feature that will fully open or close with a single touch of the switch. Construction of the moonroof mechanism was studied to provide ample headroom. The moonroof has a sliding sunshade that opens automatically with the roof and can be closed manually to block sunlight. To tilt or slide the moonroof, the driver or front passenger needs only to fully press the ceiling-mounted switch once (instead of pressing and holding it for several seconds). The moonroof fully opens or closes automatically. However, if the operator wishes to only partially open or close the moonroof (such as to achieve partial ventilation), a lighter touch yields fully manual control. The moonroof can also tilt to provide ventilation. An auto-reverse feature is built in, helping to ensure that the moonroof will not fully close if it encounters sufficient resistance from an obstruction, such as someone's hand or arm. If sufficient resistance is detected, the auto-reverse mechanism will reopen the moonroof.

Colors
    The 2015 Fit will be available in eight exterior colors. Each color emphasizes the Fit’s dynamic exterior design with a unique mood. The black interior complements all exterior colors and exudes premium sophistication.

Exterior Colors
    Interior Colors

LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Aegean Blue Metallic
    Black
    Black
    Black
    Alabaster Silver Metallic
    Black
    Black
    Black
    Crystal Black Pearl
    Black
    Black
    Black
    Milano Red
    Black
    Black
    Black
    Modern Steel Metallic
    Black
    Black
    Black
    Mystic Yellow Pearl
    Black
    Black
    Black
    Passion Berry Pearl
    N/A
    Black
    Black
    White Orchid Pearl
    Black
    Black
    Black

Exterior Features

Exterior Feature
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    15-inch steel wheels
    16-inch alloy wheels
    One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
    Roof-mounted antenna
    Security system with remote entry
    Smart Entry system
    One-touch turn indicators
    2-Speed/intermittent windshield wipers
    Intermittent rear window wiper/washer
    Body-colored rear roofline spoiler
    Multi-reflector halogen headlights with auto-on/off
    Fog lights
    LED brake lights
    Body-colored, power side mirrors including Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
    Heated, body-colored, power side mirrors including Expanded View Driver’s Mirror and integrated turn indicators

Interior

Interior Features Overview
    The all-new 2015 Fit has been completely redesigned inside as well. And while it stays true to its ultra-efficient concept, it now boasts a number of standard “class-above” features and optional premium features that make it more comfortable, convenient, and keep the driver informed, connected and entertained. Primary changes, upgrades and new features include a significantly enlarged cabin, a new center console with armrest and tablet connectivity, an available leather trim package, and available premium features such as Smart Entry with Push Button Start and the 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio.

Key New Interior Features
    · Additional 4.9 cubic feet of passenger volume
    · Additional 4.8 inches of rear seat legroom
    · Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
    · 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio (EX, EX-L) (see Audio and Telematics Section)

Styling
    The new, fresh and sporty interior styling of the 2015 Fit starts with a large glass area providing an open, airy interior environment and giving not only a sense of spaciousness but also providing the driver with excellent visibility. The sophisticated and dynamic all-black interior with contrasting upgraded materials includes soft touch points and is accented with silver trim. The sporty, blue backlit three-dial instrument panel including a Multi Information Display (MID), 5-inch Monitor Audio (LX grade) or for the first time offered on a Fit, the 7-inch Display Audio on EX and EX-L grades. Comfortable and spacious seats with high-quality fabric have an appealing geometric pattern on the LX trim and a sporty and dynamic pattern on the EX. For the first time, Fit also offers the upscale luxury of a leather-trimmed cabin in the EX-L grade. In addition to the leather trim on the seats, the Fit EX-L includes a leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob as well as heated front seats. The flowing lines and contrasting materials of the cabin mirror the sportiness of the exterior and provide a sophisticated yet relaxing richness.

Driver Interface
    For the 2015 model, the Fit interior’s has been completely redesigned for even greater ergonomic performance. The new instruments and controls are oriented to the driver for quick readability and easy, natural access. A large speedometer is placed in the center of the instrument pod that has, for the first time, Eco Assist lighting, the color of which changes to help the driver achieve greater driving efficiency. A tachometer resides to the left, and an MID, on the right, can cycle through various informational displays. The instruments and displays provide critical and useful information including current estimated fuel economy, time, outside temperature, fuel gauge and transmission gear position (on CVT equipped models). The 5-inch monitor audio or new 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio are conveniently positioned for either the driver or front passenger to control. New-style steering wheel-mounted controls with more functionality provide quick and easy access to various functions and information without the driver having to remove hands from the wheel.

Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
    All Fit steering wheels have three sets of controls, including the new-style radial controls. There are two left-hand sets: one operates the audio system or the Display Audio system, if equipped; the other controls the Bluetooth®x HandsFreeLink® and, if equipped, the navigation system. The right-hand set operates the cruise control.

The left-hand set of radial audio controls includes four controls on one ring—like the four points on a compass—to simplify the layout and provide for intuitive toggling between functions. A short push on the MENU button engages the Display Audio system. All controls are likewise positioned ergonomically where they are easy to reach and operate with minimal distraction for the driver. They also offer a pleasant tactile feel.

Layout/Packaging
    The 2015 Fit is small on the outside but big on the inside. The new model is 1.6 inches shorter than the previous model but due in part to its 1.2-inch longer wheelbase—extended to provide a larger occupant space—the Fit has the largest interior space in its class. Contributing to the Fit’s remarkable interior bigness are clever packaging, thoughtful storage features, and the multi-position 2nd-row Magic Seats® that provide several interior configurations for the ultimate in functionality.

Key among the many clever engineering and design changes made to achieve the Fit’s excellent packaging are a lower profile fuel tank that provides almost 1 inch of additional vertical room. Floor frame members that were previously located along the sides of the fuel tank were moved under the tank to allow the wider tank profile. The fuel tank is also smaller by 1 gallon, however due to the new Fit’s increased fuel efficiency the driving range remains the same as the previous model. A narrower, single-fan radiator contributes to an engine bay that is over 4 inches shorter allowing for additional occupant room. And a new rear wheel arch design and shorter rear suspension trailing arm help to provide the 4.8 inch increase in passenger leg room.

Improved Packaging
    · +4.9 cubic feet of passenger volume
    · +0.8 inches of couple distance (side-by-side seating)
    · +1.2 inches of front seat shoulder room
    · +0.8 inches of rear seat shoulder room
    · +3.2 inches of front-to-rear passenger room
    · +4.8 inches of rear seat legroom
    · +2.6 inches of rear seat knee clearance
    · -4.2 inches less engine bay length (making more room for passengers)
    · -0.4 inch lower front seating position

Occupant Area
    Even when first entering the 2015 Fit, the driver and passengers experience the feel of space with wide opening doors, large door openings and a lower front seat height. Once seated, the 4.9 cubic feet of additional passenger space is immediately felt with increased room in virtually every direction, particularly the larger side-by-side and back-to-front passenger space. The sensation of airy spaciousness is further enhanced by a large glass area.

Cargo Area
    Opening the Fit’s rear hatch provides access to a remarkably spacious and accommodating cargo area. With a low liftover height, four dedicated seat modes and dozens of configurations, the Fit is the epitome of functionality and utility. Fold the 2nd-row Magic Seat® forward and the Fit provides an enormous 52.7 cubic feet of cargo space—more than any of its key hatchback competitors. Other configurations allow long and tall items to be carried or even for two people to relax with their feet up when the Fit is parked.

2nd-Row Magic Seat®
    The trick of the Fit’s exceptional utility is its 60/40 (right/left), split 2nd-row Magic Seat, but with the enlarged interior room afforded by the redesign, the multiple-configurable seat provides even better cargo carrying options. The Magic Seat can be configured in multiple ways to adapt instantly to a wide variety of circumstances and needs. In the standard seatback-up/seat bottom-down position there is ample room for three passengers to sit comfortably. As the seatback is split 60/40, one or two passengers can still be accommodated while extending the cargo-carrying capacity by folding down one side or the other. And since the Fit’s seat now offers exceptional rear-seat legroom, the rear passenger area can also accommodate a good-sized pet kennel or crate. The Magic Seat can easily be folded into any of its positions with levers accessible from the rear of the car or the rear doors.

Utility Mode
    With both 2nd-row seats folded down, the Utility Mode allows for maximum cargo capacity—a cavernous 52.7 cubic feet. The flat floor and regular shape of the area allow for the most efficient use of the space. Also, due to the low liftover height of the hatch and low floor height, large and heavy items can be easily loaded. Four tiedowns on the EX and EX-L trims make it easy to secure cargo as well.

Tall Mode
    The Tall Mode is another useful cargo-carrying configuration for tall items that need to remain upright, such as a large plant. This would also be useful for bringing an uncrated dog along, since the side-door entry is even lower than the rear entry of the vehicle, making it easy for most dogs of any age to get in or out. With over 4 feet of space from floor to ceiling, the space can even accommodate two mountain bikes with their front wheels removed. This is a better alternative than laying one bike on top of another in the back, which risks damage from protruding pedals and handlebars.
    Long Mode
    If long items such as lumber, a stepladder, or even recreational items such as surfboards or musical instruments need to be carried, the Long Mode accommodates. With the rear seat on the passenger side folded down and the front passenger seat tilted all the way back, items up 7 feet 9 inches long can be carried. The Fit’s Long Mode accommodates bulkier items without the need for a roof rack.

Refresh Mode
    When not driving, the Refresh Mode provides a comfortable, feet-up place for two people to relax. This mode is achieved by removing the front-seat head restraints, moving the seats all the way forward and tilting the seatbacks all the way back.

Interior Features

Interior Measurements
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Headroom (in, front/rear)
    39.5 / 37.5
    38.0 / 37.6
    38.0 / 37.6
    Legroom (in, front/rear)
    41.4 / 39.3
    41.4 / 39.3
    41.4 / 39.3
    Shoulder Room (in, front/rear)
    54.8 / 52.6
    54.8 / 52.6
    54.8 / 52.6
    Hip Room (in, front/rear)
    51.5 / 45.1
    51.5 / 45.1
    51.5 / 45.1
    Cargo Volume (cu ft, seat up/down)
    16.6 / 52.7
    16.6 / 52.7
    16.6 / 52.7
    Passenger Volume (cu ft)
    Seating Capacity

Seating
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Driver's Seat with Manual Height Adjustment
    Leather-Trimmed Seats
    Heated Front Seats
    Adjustable Front Seat-Belt Anchors
    Adjustable Head Restraints
    60/40 Split 2nd-Row Magic Seat®

Information Display
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Average Fuel Economy Indicators
    Clock
    Digital Odometer and Digital Trip Meters (2)
    Engine Oil Life Indicator
    Exterior Temperature Indicator
    Instant Fuel Economy Indicator
    Miles-to-Empty Indicator

Instrumentation
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    12-Volt Battery-Charging System Indicator
    ABS Indicator
    Airbag System Indicator
    Backlit Gauges
    Brake System Indicator
    Coolant Temperature Indicator
    Cruise Control Indicators
    Door- and Hatch-Open Indicator
    ECON Mode Indicator
    CVT
    CVT
    Electric Power Steering (EPS) Indicator
    Fog Lights Indicator
    Fuel Level Indicator
    Headlights-On Indicator
    High-Beam Indicator
    Immobilizer System Indicator
    Low-Brake Fluid Indicator
    Low-Tire Pressure Indicator
    Low-Fuel Indicator
    Low-Oil Pressure Indicator
    Maintenance Minder™ Indicator
    Malfunction Indicator
    Seat-Belt Reminder Indicator
    Shift Lever Position Indicator
    CVT
    CVT
    Smart Entry System Indicator
    Starter System Indicator
    Tachometer
    TPMS Indicator
    VSA System and VSA-Off Indicators

Old 04-09-2014, 01:46 PM
    5 Year Member
    Comfort and Convenience Features

Overview
    The redesigned Fit includes a bevy of “class-above” comfort and convenience features, many of which are new for 2015. Whether it’s the utility of the center console’s tablet storage, the connectivity of Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, the comfort of the EX-L trim’s heated front seats, or the convenience of Smart Entry the new Fit is a very accommodating driving partner.

Key New Comfort and Convenience Features
    · Smart Entry & Push Button Start/Stop (EX, EX-L)
    · Center console with armrest, tablet storage and power outlet (plus USB port - EX, EX-L)
    · Driver’s seat with manual height adjustment
    · One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature (EX, EX-L) (see Exterior section)
    · Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off (see Exterior section)
    · Heated side mirrors (EX-L) (see Exterior section)
    · Heated front seats (EX-L) (see Interior section)
    · Multi-Angle Rearview Camera (see Safety section)
    · Honda LaneWatchTM (see Safety section)
    · Bluetooth®1 HandsFreeLink® (see Entertainment and Telematics section)
    · Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™2 With Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic (available EX-L) (see Entertainment and Telematics section)
    · HDMI Port (see Entertainment and Telematics section)
    · SMS Text Message Function (EX, EX-L) (see Entertainment and Telematics section)

Smart Entry and Push Button Start/Stop
    For the first time, the Fit EX and EX-L trims include the upscale convenience of the Smart Entry & Push Button Start/Stop system. The system simplifies approaching, entering and operating the Fit – especially when the driver is carrying items. Operating the system requires only that the driver has possession of the Smart Entry key.

Smart Entry allows the Fit EX and EX-L owner to gain access to the vehicle without having to use the remote key fob or the key. Instead, the remote has a unique digital identity that is recognized by the vehicle when the driver approaches. At this point, to enter the vehicle the driver simply pulls one of the front door handles while the remote in his or her possession. Similarly, pressing a soft-touch button located on the rear fascia opens the trunk.

Once the driver has opened the door and is seated, the Push Button Start system allows the Fit to be driven by pushing the START/STOP button positioned on the instrument panel. Powertrain operation and certain electrical functions are ended when the START/STOP button is pressed again at the conclusion of the drive.

After parking the vehicle, a touch of the soft-touch lock button on either front door handle locks all doors and trunk to secure the car. Alternatively, a press of the LOCK button on the Smart Entry remote will also simultaneously lock all the doors and trunk. The Smart Entry system will not allow the transmitter fob to be locked in the interior or the trunk.

Auto-Up/Down Driver and Passenger’s Windows
    The 2015 Fit has front and rear power windows with a one-touch auto-up/down driver’s window. Illuminated controls allow for easy operation at night. Pressing a master switch on the driver’s window control panel can deactivate the passengers’ windows.

Power Locks
    Power locks are standard with a customizable auto-locking feature. Remote entry is standard equipment on all Fits. The key design has an integrated transmitter in the handle with lock, unlockand panic buttons.

Engine Immobilizer

Complementing the remote entry system is a standard engine-immobilizer system. On vehicles without the Smart Entry feature, a special electronically coded key prevents the car from being started-even if a mechanical duplicate of the key is used. A transponder, built into the key, signals the immobilizer control unit that the key is genuine. If the car is hot-wired, or an unauthorized key is used, the engine will not start.

Clever Storage Solutions
    The Fit provides an excellent level of storage utility for its compact size including the new center console storage and expandable left dash compartment. Numerous storage areas are sized to hold common personal items, and they’re also conveniently located for easy use. They include a glove box, convenient door bins in front and now also in the rear, and a passenger-side seatback pocket. Beverage holders are located below the center stack and front and rear doors. A storage compartment to the left of the instrument panel has a tilting front panel that can accommodate smaller items, such as a smart phone, or expand to hold a beverage.

For the first time the Fit includes a center console with an armrest that folds up to reveal a storage bin that’s big enough to hold an iPad® or similarly sized tablet. The bin includes a 12-volt power socket and, on EX and EX-L models, a USB port. The armrest lid has an indent to allow wires to pass through with the lid closed.

Comfort and Convenience Features

Comfort and Convenience
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Air Conditioning with Air-Filtration System
    Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
    with Guidelines
    with Dynamic Guidelines
    with Dynamic Guidelines
    Honda LaneWatchTM
    Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
    SMS Text Message Function
    Smart Entry & Push Button Start
    Power Windows with Auto-Up/Down Driver's Window
    Power Door Locks/Programmable Auto-Locking Doors
    Illuminated Driver's Window and Door Lock Controls
    Cruise Control
    One-Touch Turn Signals
    Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
    Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
    Cruise/ Audio/ Phone
    Cruise/ Audio/ Phone
    Cruise/ Audio/ Phone/ Navigation (available)
    Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
    Manual Driver’s Seat Height Adjuster
    Center Console with Armrest and Storage Compartment
    Beverage Holders
    Driver's and Front Passenger's Vanity Mirrors
    Map Lights
    12-Volt Power Outlets (front/center console)
    HDMI Port
    Passenger-Side Seatback Pocket
    Remote Fuel Filler Door Release
    Cargo Area Tie-Down Anchors
    Rear Window Defroster
    Cargo Area Light
    Floor Mats
    Door-Pocket Storage Bins (front/rear)

1 The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Honda Motor Co., Ltd., is under license.
    2 The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ is available on the EX-L model in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. (Honda HD Digital Traffic service only available in the United States, except Alaska). Please see your Honda dealer for details.
    Audio and Telematics

Overview
    Ranging from a high-quality 160-watt audio system featuring standard Bluetooth®1 streaming audio to an available high-resolution WVGA 7-inch (800 x 480 dpi) electrostatic touchscreen information system (EX and above) with optional embedded (EX-L Navi) or app-based navigation systems, the 2015 Fit offers advanced audio, information and connectivity features uncommon in this vehicle class.

Key New Audio, Information and Telematics Features
    · 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio (EX, EX-L)
    · Next Generation HondaLink™ (EX, EX-L)
    · Siri Eyes Free Integration (EX, EX-L)
    · HDMI Audio and Video Playback (EX, EX-L)
    · HondaLink Assist (EX, EX-L)
    · Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ With Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic (available EX-L)
    · SMS Text Message Function (EX, EX-L)

Audio Systems
    The Fit LX is equipped with a 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with four speakers, a 5-inch color LCD Monitor Audio screen and a USB interface2 in front of the shifter. Fit EX and EX-L trims up the total audio system wattage to 180 watts and add two additionial speakers for a total of six, as well as the 7-inch Display Audio3 electrostatic touchscreen, two USB interfaces, one in front of the shifter and one in the armrest console, and a HDMI interface. The single-disc CD player can read CD-Rs loaded with Windows Media®4 Audio (WMA) or MP3 audio files. On the EX-L Navi trim, the tuner is upgraded with HD Radio™5 reception and SiriusXM® Radio6 (SiriusXM available on EX and EX-L as an accessory). All trims feature Bluetooth® streaming audio when paired with a compatable cellular telephone. Pandora®7 compatibility is available on EX and EX-L models through both Bluetooth® and USB connections.

All systems feature Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC). As vehicle speed changes, the audio system’s volume is automatically raised or lowered to compensate for changes in ambient cabin noise. The feature can be deactivated at any time.

Display Audio
    New to the 2015 Fit, EX and EX-L trims feature the “class-above” functionality of Honda’s 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio, one of the largest touchscreens in the class. The intuitive and easy-to-use Display Audio lets you swipe, tap and pinch–just like on a tablet computer or smartphone–to control the vehicle’s audio system, display settings and other advanced features.

Icons resembling smartphone apps are displayed on the high-definition, capacitive touchscreen, making the interface intuitive and easy to use. Standard internet-sourced music and media options, such as Pandora® are built into the Display Audio interface, with the ability to create personalized stations, tap to “like” songs, and view album artwork directly from the touchscreen. Display Audio also integrates touch operation of the volume (with a quick-swipe adjustment), menu, and return functions for a modern and sleek look. The EX-L with Navi model includes the Display Audio with a fully integrated and fully featured Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with continuously updated traffic information.

HDMI Audio and Video Playback
    On EX and above models, a HDMI interface allows audio and video playback through the Display Audio system when “HDMI” is selected from the audio source menu and a compatible device (i.e. iPhone 5, 5S or 5C) is connected via a HDMI cable. If the vehicle’s transmission is in the “Park” position, video content can be displayed on the 7-inch screen with audio playback sent through the six vehicle speakers, effectively transforming the Display Audio system into an in-vehicle video entertainment display. If the vehicle’s transmission is shifted out of the “Park” position, video playback will cease, but audio playback can continue. This functionality does not allow control of the connected device through the touchscreen.

Next Generation HondaLink™
    For the first time in a Fit, the Display Audio system with next generation HondaLink allows the customer's digital lifestyle to seamlessly integrate with the car and provides access to a world of cloud-based information. The all-new application-based platform connects customers to online content both inside and outside the car, all powered by their smartphones. At 2015 Fit launch timing, iPhone 5, 5S and 5C will benefit from all the features HondaLink offers. Compatible Android smartphone’s are anticipated to become available in late 2014.
    Four specialty HondaLink apps provide organization and are a gateway to additional online content:
    · Connect App – Provides convenient access for many services including location searches, local weather, messaging, Maintenance Minder alerts, service scheduling by phone, and access to the Owners Guide. Users can tap for weather updates and store favorite destinations for quick routing with the Navigation app.
    · Navigation App – A cloud-based navigation app for purchase8 that includes 3D mapping and continuously updated traffic information. The app offers a variety of location search options including search by point of interest, text search, or previous locations. Routes can be pre-planned on a smartphone and will display on the vehicle's touchscreen. Turn-by-turn routing guidance is available through the vehicle's audio system as well.
    · Aha™App – provides access to an extensive and diverse selection of audio content across multiple genres and demographics, plus featured new stations, Internet radio, podcasts, audiobooks, news, Twitter and Facebook updates and nearby location listings for restaurants, coffee houses, hotels, weather, parks, and gas stations. Users can tap to personalize stations or add favorites via smartphone or directly through the Display Audio interface.
    · Launcher App –Finds and organizes Honda-approved 3rd party apps so they can be quickly integrated into the Display Audio system. Approved apps can be found through the Launcher and shown on the Display Audio screen for easy access.
    Additional new features found with HondaLink include HondaLink Assist, which can help request emergency assistance for drivers. If there is a cellular connection and an airbag deployment sensor is triggered by a collision, the system is designed to automatically attempt to notify an operator, report the car's current location, and allow you to talk directly to the operator. The operator can then contact emergency services if needed.
    The connection between the system and the user’s smartphone is made through the USB interface and a new HDMI interface. For iPhone 5, 5S and 5C, a HondaLink iOS cable kit is available for purchase through Honda dealers or online at hondanavi.com. The iOS cable kit includes an Apple Lightning digital AV adapter, an Apple Lightning-to-USB cable and an appropriate-length HDMI cable (Apple-approved). Consumer information and helpful tips regarding HondaLink can be found at hondalink.com.

HondaLink Assist
    An additional new feature on Fit EX and above is HondaLink Assist9 that can help request emergency assistance for drivers. If a compatible phone is paired through Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, there is a cellular connection and an airbag deployment sensor is triggered by a collision, the system is designed to automatically attempt to notify an operator, report the car’s current location, and allow you to talk directly to the operator. The operator can then contact emergency services if needed.

Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ With Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
    Available on the Fit EX-L, the integrated Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System10 uses GPS technology to provide drivers with turn-by-turn guidance to their chosen destination. The system adds the HD Digital Traffic feature, which alerts the driver to current traffic conditions and can display alternate routes around gridlock. It features expanded coverage including many surface streets within the U.S., allowing the driver to choose faster, less congested routes. HD Digital Traffic is subscription-free.

The navigation system can be controlled by voice or through the 7-inch electrostatic touch-screen Audio Display utilizing its tap, pinch and swipe functionality. The voice-activation system can respond to more casual command phrases that require less user familiarization, in addition to the previous capability of being able to understand spoken city and street names. For example, a voice request for "Radio 98.3 FM" can now be spoken in approximately a dozen different ways ranging from "change the radio station to 98.3" to "98.3 FM." This logic applies to audio functionality of the audio/information screen. The navigation system can also be controlled by voice with conventional navigation commands like, "Find nearest Chinese restaurant" or "find nearest ATM."

The audio system is automatically muted when the "Talk" button is pressed. The voice-recognition technology allows the driver to simply speak city and street names aloud, and the system responds by displaying the matches available in the database. Points of interest on the map—such as restaurants or grocery stores—can be displayed with brand logo icons or you can have the system provide turn-by-turn navigation, all by voice command. The massive point-of-interest (POI) database includes telephone numbers that can be dialed by using the Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® system when the driver's cellular telephone is connected to the system.

The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System uses GPS in combination with detailed information from the vehicle's mapping system to pinpoint the vehicle's location and to provide a host of useful mapping and route guidance features. The antenna can utilize up to 12 satellites from a network of 24 global positioning satellites. If the antenna is obstructed by a tunnel, a parking garage or a tall building, an internal gyroscopic system and a speed sensor track the location of the vehicle so that the map information remains current and reliable. The vehicle clock is independently controlled by GPS data, so when time zones are crossed while driving, the clock will automatically set itself to the current time.
    Siri Eyes Free Integration
    Adding another new premium feature, Display Audio integrates Apple's Siri Eyes Free mode into the Fit. Compatible iPhone® users will be able to operate Siri through familiar voice commands by pressing and holding the TALK button on the steering wheel when their iPhone is paired via Bluetooth®. Using Eyes Free mode, Siri takes hands-free functionality even further and helps to minimize potential distractions by keeping an iOS device's screen from lighting up.
    Owners can direct Siri to perform a number of specific tasks while they keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel.
    · Sending text messages and e-mails
    · Reading incoming text messages and emails
    · Setting up calendar entries, reminders, and alarms
    · Checking the weather
    · Turn-by-turn voice navigation (when the audio system is set to Bluetooth® Audio or iPod mode)
    · Sports scores and stock quotes
    New to the Fit EX and above models is a standard SMS Text Message function that can read incoming texts aloud over the audio system, and allow the driver to reply with any of six factory preset messages. The system works with SMS-capable cell phones that have an active data plan and the Message Access Profile (MAP), such as the Blackberry, Droid X and others. Apple iPhone models do not support this feature, but Siri Eyes Free Mode (iPhone 5, 5S, and 5C at time of launch) offers the ability to initiate, hear and respond to text messages via voice commands.

Once a compatible phone is paired with the Fit's Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® system, the text messaging function is enabled. When the phone receives a text message, an alert appears on the 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen. Using the touchscreen, the driver can choose to have the message read aloud, can select among the preset reply choices, or can call the sender—all without touching the phone.

To help avoid driver distraction, the text of the incoming message is not displayed on screen unless the transmission is in Park.

Available factory preset text replies:
    · Talk to you later, I'm driving.
    · I'm on my way.
    · I'm running late.
    · OK
    · Yes
    · No
    The Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® interface is designed to offer hands-free operation for many Bluetooth®-enabled mobile telephones. Standard on all Fit models, the system wirelessly connects the driver's cell phone to the vehicle's audio system. This allows the driver to make or answer cell phone calls without removing hands from the steering wheel. The system is compatible with Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones that have the Hands Free Profile (HFP). A list of compatible phones can be found at
    handsfreelink.com or honda.com.
    Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® enables audio files to be played through the vehicle's audio system wirelessly with a feature called Bluetooth® Audio. If an audio compatible device is paired it will be added as an auxiliary source on the Monitor Audio (LX) or Display Audio (EX, EX-L) screen. This allows the Bluetooth® device's media to be played wirelessly by the audio system. Cell phone devices that support the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.3 allow the display of metadata for artist, album and track name on the Monitor Audio or Display Audio screen. The vehicle's audio controls for "skip forward" and "skip backward" allow for navigation from track to track.
    Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® is designed for easy use. After the driver completes a simple one-time "pairing" process to link the cell phone with the vehicle, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® can communicate wirelessly and securely with the driver's cell phone when the phone is within about 33 feet of the vehicle. Once the driver enters the vehicle, the phone can be stored in a pocket, briefcase, purse or a storage bin inside the vehicle's cabin as the call transfers information through the wireless telephone interface. Certain compatible cell phones can also transfer the cellular phonebook into the vehicle through the Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® system. After the cellular phonebook is transferred, calls can be made by making selections from the registered phonebook on the information screen.
    Operational features include:
    • Phone numbers of incoming calls are displayed on the Monitor Audio or Display Audio screen
    • Pressing the steering wheel-mounted "Pick up" button answers the call and mutes the audio system
    • The caller is heard through the audio-system speakers
    • An overhead microphone picks up the driver's voice while minimizing background noise and echoing
    • Numbers with voice tags may be stored in the system's memory
    • To make a hands-free call, the driver first activates the system using the steering wheel-mounted fingertip controls, then speaks a preset voice tag
    • Numbers can also be dialed by speaking the telephone number
    • Automatic import of phone book and call history
    • Up to five different compatible mobile phones can be paired with the Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® system
    Audio and Telematics Features

Audio and Telematics
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    160-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 4 Speakers
    180-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 6 Speakers
    5" Color LCD Screen
    7" Display Audio with High-Resolution WVGA (800x480) Electrostatic Touch-Screen and Customizable Feature Settings
    7" Display Audio with Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ and Voice Recognition, Honda HD Digital Traffic, High-Resolution WVGA (800x480) Electrostatic Touch-Screen and Customizable Feature Settings
    Available
    HondaLink™ Next Generation
    HD Radio™
    with Navigation
    SiriusXM® Radio
    with Navigation
    Pandora®7 Compatibility
    Bluetooth® Streaming Audio
    Display Audio Interface
    USB Audio Interface
    Front
    Front/center console
    Front/center console
    MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
    MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) Playback Capability
    Radio Data System (RDS)
    Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC)

Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 PM
    5 Year Member
    Trims

Fit Trims Overview
    For 2015 the Fit comes in five trim levels to provide every customer with a highly-equipped version to fit their lifestyle. The LX, EX, EX-L and EX-L with Navi trims have a higher spec that the previous equivalent standard and Sport versions.

Model Trim Level Features Upgrade Summary

Fit LX Features
    New for 2015
    6-speed manual transmission
    15-inch steel wheels with full covers
    5" color LCD Monitor Audio screen
    Multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
    Security system with remote entry
    Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System
    Body-colored power side mirrors with Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
    Body-colored rear roofline spoiler
    Auto-on/off headlights
    One-touch turn signals
    Air conditioning with air-filtration system
    Rear window defroster
    Power windows with auto-up/down driver’s window
    Cruise control
    Trip computer
    Center console with armrest and storage compartment
    Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise, audio and phone controls
    Power door locks with auto-lock feature
    Tilt and telescopic steering column
    Backlit gauges
    Exterior temperature indicator
    Map lights
    60/40 split second-row Magic Seat®
    Driver’s seat with manual height adjustment
    Bluetooth®HandsFreeLink®
    Bluetooth®streaming audio
    160-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with 4 speakers
    MP3/auxiliary input jack
    MP3/Windows Media®Audio (WMA) playback capability
    12-volt power outlet (2)
    USB port (1)
    Passenger-side seatback pocket
    Soft-touch dashboard surface
    LED brake lights
    Available Eco AssistTM System

Fit EX Features - Changed or added from LX
    New for 2015
    Available continuously variable transmission (CVT) with dual-mode paddle shifters
    16-inch alloy wheels
    One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
    Smart Entry and push button start
    Fog lights
    Heated, body-colored power side mirrors with Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
    Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
    Honda LaneWatch™
    Pandora® compatibility
    SMS text message function
    USB Audio Interface (front and center console)
    Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise, audio, phone controls
    Variable intermittent windshield wipers
    180-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with 6 speakers
    7-inch Display Audio with high-resolution WVGA (800x480) electrostatic touch-screen and customizable feature settings
    HondaLink™ Next Generation
    USB port (2)
    HDMI port
    Floor Mats

Fit EX-L Features - Changed or added from EX
    New for 2015
    Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with dual-mode paddle shifters
    Heated, body-colored power side mirrors with Expanded View Driver’s Mirror and integrated turn indicators
    Leather-wrapped steering wheel
    Leather-wrapped shift knob
    Leather-trimmed seats
    Heated front seats

Fit EX-L with Navi Features - Changed or added from EX-L
    New for 2015
    Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
    HD Radio™
    SiriusXM® Radio

Old 04-09-2014, 01:48 PM
    5 Year Member
    Specifications and Features

Engineering
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Engine Type
    In-Line 4-Cylinder
    In-Line 4-Cylinder
    In-Line 4-Cylinder
    Engine Block/Cylinder Head
    Aluminum-Alloy
    Aluminum-Alloy
    Aluminum-Alloy
    Displacement (cc)
    Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net)
    130 @ 6600
    130 @ 6600
    130 @ 6600
    Torque (lb-ft @ rpm, SAE net)
    114 @ 4600
    114 @ 4600
    114 @ 4600
    Redline (rpm)
    Bore and Stroke (mm)
    73 x 89.5
    73 x 89.5
    73 x 89.5
    Compression Ratio
    Valve Train
    16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC®
    16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC®
    16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC®
    Fuel Injection
    Direct
    Direct
    Direct
    Drive-by-Wire Throttle System
    Eco Assist™ System
    CVT
    CVT
    CARB Emissions Rating1
    LEV3-ULEV125
    LEV3-ULEV125
    LEV3-ULEV125
    Direct Ignition System with Immobilizer
    100K +/- Miles No Scheduled Tune-Ups2
    Transmissions
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    6-Speed Manual Transmission
    Gear Ratios: 1st: 3.462, 2nd: 1.870, 3rd: 1.235, 4th: 0.949, 5th: 0.810, 6th:0.727, Reverse: 3.307, Final Drive Ratio: 4.62
    Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode
    Available
    with Dual-Mode Paddle Shifters (Available)
    with Dual-Mode Paddle Shifters
    Gear Ratios: 2.5260.408, Reverse:2.7061.382, Final Drive: 5.44
    Body/Suspension/Chassis
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Unit-Body Construction
    MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
    Torsion-Beam Rear Suspension
    Stabilizer Bar (mm, front)
    Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
    Steering Wheel Turns, Lock-to-Lock
    Steering Ratio
    Turning Diameter, Curb-to-Curb (ft)
    Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes (in, front/rear)
    10.3 / 7.9
    10.3 / 7.9
    10.3 / 7.9
    Wheels
    15" w/Full Covers
    16" Alloy
    16" Alloy
    All-Season Tires
    185 / 60 R15 84T
    185 / 55 R16 83H
    185 / 55 R16 83H
    Compact Spare Tire
    T135 / 80 D15 99M
    T135 / 80 D15 99M
    T135 / 80 D15 99M
    Exterior Measurements
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Wheelbase (in)
    Length (in)
    Height (in)
    Width (in)
    Track (in, front/rear)
    58.3 / 58.0
    58.1 / 57.7
    58.1 / 57.7
    Curb Weight (lbs, MT/AT)
    2513 / 2544
    2573 / 2630
    NA / 2642
    Weight Distribution (%, front/rear, MT)
    61 / 39
    60 / 40
    N/A
    Weight Distribution (%, front/rear, AT)
    62 / 38
    61 / 39
    61 / 39
    Interior Measurements
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Headroom (in, front/rear)
    39.5 / 37.5
    38.0 / 37.6
    38.0 / 37.6
    Legroom (in, front/rear)
    41.4 / 39.3
    41.4 / 39.3
    41.4 / 39.3
    Shoulder Room (in, front/rear)
    54.8 / 52.6
    54.8 / 52.6
    54.8 / 52.6
    Hiproom (in, front/rear)
    51.5 / 45.1
    51.5 / 45.1
    51.5 / 45.1
    Cargo Volume (cu ft, seat up/down)
    16.6 / 52.7
    16.6 / 52.7
    16.6 / 52.7
    Passenger Volume (cu ft)
    Seating Capacity
    EPA Mileage Ratings3/Fuel
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    6-Speed Manual (City/Highway/Combined)
    29/37/32
    29/37/32
    N/A
    Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) (City/Highway/Combined)
    33/41/36
    32/38/35
    32/38/35
    Fuel (gal)
    Required Fuel
    Regular Unleaded
    Regular Unleaded
    Regular Unleaded
    Active Safety
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control4
    Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
    Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
    Brake Assist
    Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)5
    Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
    Passive Safety
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
    Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
    SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
    3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
    Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
    Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH): Lower Anchors (2nd-Row Outboard), Tether Anchors (2nd-Row All)
    Driver's and Front Passenger's Seat-Belt Reminder
    Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
    Exterior Features
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
    Roof-Mounted Antenna
    Security System with Remote Entry
    Smart Entry System
    One-Touch Turn Indicators
    2-Speed/Intermittent Windshield Wipers
    Intermittent Rear Window Wiper/Washer
    Body-Colored Rear Roofline Spoiler
    Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off
    Fog Lights
    LED Brake Lights
    Body-Colored, Power Side Mirrors including Expanded View Driver's Mirror
    Heated, Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors including Expanded View Driver's Mirror and Integrated Turn Indicators

Old 04-09-2014, 01:49 PM
    5 Year Member
    Comfort & Convenience
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Air Conditioning with Air-Filtration System
    Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
    with Guidelines
    with Dynamic Guidelines
    with Dynamic Guidelines
    Honda LaneWatch™6
    Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®7
    SMS Text Message Function8
    Push Button Start
    Power Windows with Auto-Up/Down Driver's Window
    Power Door Locks/Programmable Auto-Locking Doors
    Illuminated Driver's Window and Door Lock Controls
    Cruise Control
    Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
    Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
    Cruise / Audio / Phone
    Cruise / Audio / Phone
    Cruise / Audio / Phone / Navigation (available)
    Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
    Center Console with Armrest and Storage Compartment
    Beverage Holders
    Driver's and Front Passenger's Vanity Mirrors
    Map Lights
    12-Volt Power Outlets (front/center console)
    HDMI Port
    Passenger-Side Seatback Pocket
    Remote Fuel Filler Door Release
    Cargo Area Tie-Down Anchors
    Rear Window Defroster
    Cargo Area Light
    Floor Mats
    Door-Pocket Storage Bins (front/rear)
    Seating
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Driver's Seat with Manual Height Adjustment
    Leather-Trimmed Seats
    Heated Front Seats
    Adjustable Front Seat-Belt Anchors
    Adjustable Head Restraints
    60/40 Split 2nd-Row Magic Seat®
    Audio Systems
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    160-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 4 Speakers
    180-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 6 Speakers
    5" Color LCD Screen
    7" Display Audio with High-Resolution WVGA (800x480) Electrostatic Touch-Screen and Customizable Feature Settings
    7" Display Audio with Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ and Voice Recognition9, Honda HD Digital Traffic, High-Resolution WVGA (800x480) Electrostatic Touch-Screen and Customizable Feature Settings
    Available
    HondaLink™ Next Generation10
    HD Radio™11
    with Navigation
    SiriusXM® Radio12
    with Navigation
    Pandora®13 Compatibility
    Bluetooth® Streaming Audio
    Display Audio Interface14
    USB Audio Interface15
    Front
    Front & Center Console
    Front & Center Console
    MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
    MP3/Windows Media®16 Audio (WMA) Playback Capability
    Radio Data System (RDS)
    Information Display
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    Average Fuel Economy Indicators
    Clock
    Digital Odometer and Digital Trip Meters (2)
    Engine Oil Life Indicator
    Exterior Temperature Indicator
    Instant Fuel Economy Indicator
    Miles-to-Empty Indicator
    Instrumentation
    LX
    EX
    EX-L
    12-Volt Battery-Charging System Indicator
    ABS Indicator
    Airbag System Indicator
    Backlit Gauges
    Brake System Indicator
    Coolant Temperature Indicator
    Cruise Control Indicators
    Door- and Hatch-Open Indicator
    ECON Mode Indicator
    CVT
    CVT
    Electric Power Steering (EPS) Indicator
    Fog Lights Indicator
    Fuel Level Indicator
    Headlights-On Indicator
    High-Beam Indicator
    Immobilizer System Indicator
    Low-Brake Fluid Indicator
    Low-Tire Pressure Indicator
    Low-Fuel Indicator
    Low-Oil Pressure Indicator
    Maintenance Minder™ Indicator
    Malfunction Indicator
    Seat-Belt Reminder Indicator
    Shift Lever Position Indicator
    CVT
    CVT
    Smart Entry System Indicator
    Starter System Indicator
    Tachometer
    TPMS Indicator
    VSA System and VSA-Off Indicators

Old 04-09-2014, 02:12 PM
    Amazing amount of techie detail:

But I wonder….

"To further aid responsiveness, the rotating mass of the crankshaft was reduced by 27 percent by using four instead of eight counterweights and the journal diameter was reduced from 50 mm to 46 mm. Additional engine weight savings were obtained by the use of individual main-bearing caps instead of the larger bearing cap structure of the previous engine, and by utilizing an all-composite intake manifold."

Personally, I'd prefer two counter weights for each journal… and the journal size was reduced, and the main bearing cage (that no-doubt added to the bottom-end structural rigidity) has been eliminated… sounds to me like there's gonna' be a whole lot of "flexing" going on in there…

Plastic… uhhhh, composite intake manifold. Are we worried a bit too much about weight?

Lastly, "Also, an aluminum sleeve was added above the cylinder sleeve to improve heat transfer from the cylinder block." I think here something may have been lost in translation… I assume the aluminum sleeve is outside (not above) the iron cylinder sleeve… better heat transfer to the water jacket…

All-in-all, amazing technical detail… a tour of Japanese car mags and websites often indicates they have much more interest in tech than we do… or have devolved to

Old 04-09-2014, 02:43 PM
    5 Year Member
    I am just going to be lazy today and let my videos do the speaking and this Press Release, I still don't know how I stand completely with the new Fit so I need time to decide how I want to write my review. But here is a video of me testing out the CVT with the R&D guy, I tried to ask him some questions about the car too, but you will soon see that the language barrier was a bit of an issue, even with an interpreter!

Old 04-09-2014, 03:29 PM
    5 Year Member
    The new 6th is the same as the GE 5th.

What's even the point?

Old 04-09-2014, 03:40 PM
    5 Year Member
    I can't for the life of me figure out why some automakers think that only the driver deserves a one-touch up/down window.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:06 PM
    5 Year Member
    Originally Posted by accordguyintake
    I am just going to be lazy today and let my videos do the speaking and this Press Release, I still don't know how I stand completely with the new Fit so I need time to decide how I want to write my review.
    Jason,
    You had a week and a half to decide how you felt about the new fit. Any comments you would have at this point will be driven by the reviews of others, that dilutes any impressions that the car may have had on you at the time you drove it. From other comments you have made, it sounds like you may be a student, no review on time, Big fail.

Quick Reply: I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend!